PDA

View Full Version : Holy basil

mellymel
03-29-2014, 09:59 AM
I just wanted to share with everyone a natural alternative to meds, it's called holy basil or tulsi. It really works for me, I had my husband try it (he also suffers from anxiety) and he felt like it worked for him as well. I buy the tea bags and use it that way but I think it can also be bought in capsule form too. Do an internet search on it and see if it's something worth trying for your situation. I love it, and feel better like 20 min after drinking, but the most effect is after drinking it over a long period of time. It has been compared to Zoloft. I drank it all the time when I first started with my really bad anxiety and intrusive thoughts and it helped wonders. I have started drinking it again to help with my racing mind. Anyways, I highly recommend it :)

jessed03
03-29-2014, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the share Mel :)

I've never tried holy basil.

What does it taste like?

Darkcloud
03-29-2014, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the advice. I'll have to try it!

mellymel
03-29-2014, 06:29 PM
Sure! Anything that might help is always worth sharing :)

mellymel
03-29-2014, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the share Mel :) I've never tried holy basil. What does it taste like?

The one I have is green tea. It's good if you like green tea. The brand is organic India. It's also loaded with antioxidants, so works good for boosting the immune system as well.

jessed03
03-30-2014, 02:43 PM
I'm gonna try and order some when my other supps run out.

In the meantime, I'll call you Holy Mel.

Hey Holy Mel!

Having a good day?

leetbulldog
03-30-2014, 07:02 PM
Thanks I'm def gonna try it :)

mellymel
03-30-2014, 07:32 PM
I'm gonna try and order some when my other supps run out. In the meantime, I'll call you Holy Mel. Hey Holy Mel! Having a good day?

Lol , that works :)

I'm hanging in there, how about you?

mellymel
03-30-2014, 07:33 PM
Thanks I'm def gonna try it :)

You're welcome :)