PDA

View Full Version : left my comfort zone today

amers85
03-28-2014, 08:41 PM
Well, my fiance and I are furniture shopping and haven't found ones we loved yet. So, we had to travel 25 miles to get to a store we wanted to look at. I prepared myself, took my extra klonopin, and we took off. I drove during rush hour traffic near Detroit, on a 4 lane highway and I did great :) this is the first time in a year that I have done this. I always have stayed in my bubble, as it was my safety net. Plus, when we got back, we went to my fiances parents, there was a basketball game on so his mother and I went off to the store together, and I even let her drive. I have accomplished so much in today and I can't be more proud of myself :)

BrookeLynnnn
03-28-2014, 09:00 PM
Well, my fiance and I are furniture shopping and haven't found ones we loved yet. So, we had to travel 25 miles to get to a store we wanted to look at. I prepared myself, took my extra klonopin, and we took off. I drove during rush hour traffic near Detroit, on a 4 lane highway and I did great :) this is the first time in a year that I have done this. I always have stayed in my bubble, as it was my safety net. Plus, when we got back, we went to my fiances parents, there was a basketball game on so his mother and I went off to the store together, and I even let her drive. I have accomplished so much in today and I can't be more proud of myself :)

Aw yay!! So proud of youuuu :)

amers85
03-29-2014, 08:08 AM
Thanks!!! It was a huge accomplishment.

needtogetwell
03-29-2014, 08:24 AM
Thanks!!! It was a huge accomplishment.

Really proud of you!!! And those freeways around Detroit are crazy!!! I've driven them too. White knuckled all the way!

Keep up the good stuff!
Pam

amers85
03-29-2014, 05:13 PM
Really proud of you!!! And those freeways around Detroit are crazy!!! I've driven them too. White knuckled all the way!

Keep up the good stuff!
Pam

Thank you!!!! I HATE driving around there, hectic, crazy, drivers, all over lol. I kept my cool and just relaxed and listened to some good music :)

NixonRulz
03-29-2014, 05:20 PM
Really proud of you!!! And those freeways around Detroit are crazy!!! I've driven them too. White knuckled all the way! Keep up the good stuff! Pam

Usually not getting shot driving around Detroit is considered a huge success

Anything you do after that is just icing on the cake

amers85
03-29-2014, 05:24 PM
Usually not getting shot driving around Detroit is considered a huge success

Anything you do after that is just icing on the cake

Very true!! lol but that was the least of my worries, since that has never happened to me the hundreds of times I have been there.

needtogetwell
03-29-2014, 07:17 PM
Usually not getting shot driving around Detroit is considered a huge success Anything you do after that is just icing on the cake

Truer words have never been spoken !