PDA

View Full Version : Worries

Theguythatworries
03-26-2014, 04:48 PM
So I Ofcourse realize this is not a medical forum but i was just going to ask something. For the past day or so I have been having mild chest pain after eating or drinking. Ofcourse my anxiety wants to say it's this and that but I would like to think rational. Do you think it's of any concern?

Fourteen14
03-26-2014, 04:52 PM
So I Ofcourse realize this is not a medical forum but i was just going to ask something. For the past day or so I have been having mild chest pain after eating or drinking. Ofcourse my anxiety wants to say it's this and that but I would like to think rational. Do you think it's of any concern?

Whereabouts is the pain? What type of pain?

Does it ease off (like indigestion)

Is it muscular tension? (Can you press on the chest muscles and you can isolate the pain)?

Theguythatworries
03-26-2014, 04:57 PM
It's at the left side of the ches

Fourteen14
03-26-2014, 05:00 PM
It's at the left side of the ches

What does it feel like though?

Is it twinging like muscle tightness, (eases off). Or does it feel like central constant pressure. Or does it feel like you need to belch?

How old are you?

Theguythatworries
03-26-2014, 05:01 PM
It's just a dull pain everytime I'm swallowing from
Food or drink. I'm 16.

Fourteen14
03-26-2014, 05:08 PM
It's just a dull pain everytime I'm swallowing from Food or drink. I'm 16.

If it's when you are swallowing and given your age, I would say it is VERY unlikely that it's anything serious (like the heart).

If it's bothering you get it checked.

But It sounds more like it's probably tightening of the esophagus due to anxiety (you are possibly doing it subconsciously anticipating it happening when you eat).

Or trapped gas, have you tried pepto bismol like Rennies/Gaviscon?

Theguythatworries
03-26-2014, 05:15 PM
I have not tried any pepto yet. If it does persist I will get it checked. It's just ya know when you google this symptom it comes up with all this disease stuff and we with anxiety it defiantly sucks.

Fourteen14
03-26-2014, 05:22 PM
I have not tried any pepto yet. If it does persist I will get it checked. It's just ya know when you google this symptom it comes up with all this disease stuff and we with anxiety it defiantly sucks.

Yup! Google will kick out all sorts of weird and exotic reasons.

What you need to take into account are the following.

1. You are very young (disease of your throat/stomach etc) are RARE.

2. Anxiety will give you the type of symptoms you are feeling (through muscle spasm/tension).

3. Reflux/stomach acid problems can happen occasionally but this can be controlled.

4. Anxiety makes us hyper sensitive to every change/feeling/sensation in the body.

Theguythatworries
03-26-2014, 05:25 PM
Thank you for taking the time to talk to me. I really appreciate it!

Fourteen14
03-26-2014, 05:45 PM
Thank you for taking the time to talk to me. I really appreciate it!

You are more than welcome!

If you want to read about some of the issues surrounding health anxiety, I have a thread running called "health anxiety exposed".

:)