PDA

View Full Version : Damn proud of myself :)

brittany32888
03-25-2014, 12:48 PM
So yesterday I conquered one of my on going fears...... I went into a bank!!
I hate banks with everything that I am. They are always crowded, you have to wait in line to talk to someone who knows too much information about you. And then there's always that sneaky worker that tries to get you to open a different account or apply for credit or something. And the worst part is no bathrooms to hide away in. So for the past, I dunno, 3+ years I have done everything bank related online or at the drive-thru ATM. But yesterday I had to go in, there was no way around it(trust me I tried everything else) and I wasn't even going to do it. But I did, and it was surprisingly pleasant, everyone was very nice. I still had to wait a while, but I kept myself calm. Did what I needed to do, and left.. I even exchanged some unnecessary chit-chat with the teller. It was brilliant. I highly recommend it. :)

jessed03
03-25-2014, 01:18 PM
Haha that last line.

That's awesome though :)

It's always quite a funny feeling when you do something you've been avoiding forever, and it doesnt turn out to be so bad. Those wins are absolutely priceless for moral, right!!

brittany32888
03-25-2014, 01:22 PM
Haha that last line. That's awesome though :) It's always quite a funny feeling when you do something you've been avoiding forever, and it doesnt turn out to be so bad. Those wins are absolutely priceless for moral, right!!

Exactly :) next I'll be skydiving ;)

BrookeLynnnn
03-25-2014, 01:25 PM
So yesterday I conquered one of my on going fears...... I went into a bank!! I hate banks with everything that I am. They are always crowded, you have to wait in line to talk to someone who knows too much information about you. And then there's always that sneaky worker that tries to get you to open a different account or apply for credit or something. And the worst part is no bathrooms to hide away in. So for the past, I dunno, 3+ years I have done everything bank related online or at the drive-thru ATM. But yesterday I had to go in, there was no way around it(trust me I tried everything else) and I wasn't even going to do it. But I did, and it was surprisingly pleasant, everyone was very nice. I still had to wait a while, but I kept myself calm. Did what I needed to do, and left.. I even exchanged some unnecessary chit-chat with the teller. It was brilliant. I highly recommend it. :)

Awesome!! Good for you :)

brittany32888
03-25-2014, 01:26 PM
Awesome!! Good for you :)
Thank-you :)

Blessed
03-25-2014, 03:16 PM
I'm laughing cause I work at a very small hometown bank so everybody knows everybody and I get anxious when new customers walk in, so I totally relate ( from the other side of the teller window). :)

brittany32888
03-25-2014, 03:44 PM
I'm laughing cause I work at a very small hometown bank so everybody knows everybody and I get anxious when new customers walk in, so I totally relate ( from the other side of the teller window). :)

Funny... I never thought of the tellers being afraid of me... Hmmm.. I may be able to use that as a weapon. ;)

ashy
03-25-2014, 03:58 PM
So yesterday I conquered one of my on going fears...... I went into a bank!! I hate banks with everything that I am. They are always crowded, you have to wait in line to talk to someone who knows too much information about you. And then there's always that sneaky worker that tries to get you to open a different account or apply for credit or something. And the worst part is no bathrooms to hide away in. So for the past, I dunno, 3+ years I have done everything bank related online or at the drive-thru ATM. But yesterday I had to go in, there was no way around it(trust me I tried everything else) and I wasn't even going to do it. But I did, and it was surprisingly pleasant, everyone was very nice. I still had to wait a while, but I kept myself calm. Did what I needed to do, and left.. I even exchanged some unnecessary chit-chat with the teller. It was brilliant. I highly recommend it. :)
Yayy!! I'm so happy for you!! You CAN do it!! :D

jessed03
03-25-2014, 04:14 PM
Exactly :) next I'll be skydiving ;)

Try not to make the rest of us look bad ;)