PDA

View Full Version : Design Student Hoping to help those with SA

CuriousStudent
03-25-2014, 11:26 AM
Hi there,

Please take a look at this post.

I'm at university at the moment.
I'm a design student at Northumbria School of design.

For my end of year project I'm looking into Social anxiety and in particular those of us that feel anxious crossing the road.

So does anyone else feel this way?

It would be amazing to hear some feedback and I would really appreciate.

Thank you for your time anyway.

Seb :)

CuriousStudent
03-25-2014, 02:31 PM
can anyone else give me their insight? How do you feel crossing roads or waiting at traffic lights etc?

NixonRulz
03-25-2014, 05:30 PM
Hi there, Please take a look at this post. I'm at university at the moment. I'm a design student at Northumbria School of design. For my end of year project I'm looking into Social anxiety and in particular those of us that feel anxious crossing the road. So does anyone else feel this way? It would be amazing to hear some feedback and I would really appreciate. Thank you for your time anyway. Seb :)

Your end of year design project is about social anxiety ?

What kind of design is it?

CuriousStudent
03-25-2014, 05:57 PM
I'm trying to design a product that will use the distraction technique associated with some social anxieties that some people experience. I've spoken to a couple of people and they feel that If they are distracted by a thought whilst they cross the road it can help them to combat the social anxiety of crossing.

I'm doing Industrial Design. Its a design subject which also encompasses psychological thought.

Fourteen14
03-25-2014, 06:29 PM
I'm trying to design a product that will use the distraction technique associated with some social anxieties that some people experience. I've spoken to a couple of people and they feel that If they are distracted by a thought whilst they cross the road it can help them to combat the social anxiety of crossing. I'm doing Industrial Design. Its a design subject which also encompasses psychological thought.

You could have a crossing that plays music when it's time to cross rather than the beeps (beeps indicate an alarm) music is uplifting.

If you can get the red and green men to dance (like in brewsters millions) I would opt for your crossing every time :D

yurmom
03-25-2014, 09:27 PM
The key to managing anxiety is to NOT distract yourself from triggers. Resisting symptoms makes them worse. Accepting, even inducing symptoms, reduces overall anxiety symptoms.

Dahila
03-26-2014, 07:17 AM
No problem here with crossing. I do not like the beep either, i hate beeper on my stove too:))

CuriousStudent
03-26-2014, 02:41 PM
Thank you for your feedback and with the polls so far it really is helping a lot and I appreciate the responses :)