PDA

View Full Version : Update. Florinef , Beta Blockers...Doctors... UGH

ab123
03-24-2014, 02:07 PM
First question, has anyone ever taken Florinef? They want to treat my orthostatic intolerance with this medication. I just was curious if anyone had had any experience with this particular medication. I am now on day four in the hospital, no plan for release yet, because I still cannot walk without extreme heart rate increase. My last heart rate increase went up to 180 and that was the scariest one I'd ever experienced. The doctors are really close to diagnosing me with POTS. They said I was right all along (hmmmm) Plan of action is to try to see if I can be up and walking around on the medications they give me, and if not.. they will send me to another hospital to do a Tilt table test and diagnose me for sure, I am nervous about all of this but I suspect I will be alright in the mean time. Any advice would be appreciated. I go between freaking out and crying for long perious of time, and being really strong. I tend to only be strong while on a benzo. but I think that's needed to at least get to the bottom of this, I will learn other coping strategies later on.

needtogetwell
03-24-2014, 02:40 PM
Hey Ab,

Can't help regarding the meds, sorry.

What I do want to say however is that you are by far the most courage woman I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. What you are enduring now would shake most down to the core.

Yes, you have cried but if you hadn't I would be worried about that. You are normal, and in a very trying situation. Cry, cry, cry. It's ok.

Anyway I hope you are on your way to getting this resolved, no matter where they send you.

You are going great! Everything will get figured out!

Cheers!
Pam

Enduronman
03-24-2014, 04:09 PM
Hmmm..
Its a corticosteroid like what I take daily...
Used to treat issue with the adrenal glands..
And is chemically similar to cortisol..
Interesting Ab!! I bet it will help!!

Hope you're doing well friend!..or at least better...
Thinking of you dear!

Enduronman.. :)

Blessed
03-24-2014, 04:37 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you! Stay strong!!! Hugs!!!

Jaco808
03-24-2014, 05:32 PM
Good luck in getting diagnosed, everything will be alright. I hope the medicine you are given give you relief and calm your symptoms.

I have never tried Florinef but im sure someone has and can chime in to help you out. Good Luck!

ab123
03-24-2014, 05:38 PM
Thanks guys. They are basically saying I for sure have postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome. Which I'll likely always have.

Dahila
03-24-2014, 07:24 PM
Alaina keep strong, something good will happen, and do not worry about benzos for now. Crying is good it is cleansing:)
Corticosteroids saved my life at least ten times. They are miracle drugs. At least they are for me..

ab123
03-24-2014, 08:29 PM
Thanks dahlia and eman. I'll take the med and not be scared. I would love if it works. At least so I can stand up. I can handle not doing everything. But I want to have some of my life. Thanks for the support. Couldn't do it without you.

HockeyRules
03-24-2014, 10:20 PM
Thanks dahlia and eman. I'll take the med and not be scared. I would love if it works. At least so I can stand up. I can handle not doing everything. But I want to have some of my life. Thanks for the support. Couldn't do it without you.

I pray that finally you can have some real answers. And in your case it seems like it is defintely a physical problem. The great news about that is.....it most likely can be controlled. Wishing you nothing but the best !

ab123
03-24-2014, 10:27 PM
Thank you. I definitely still have extreme anxiety. It doesn't help: ( and thank you...I appreciate the support more than you know

Dahila
03-25-2014, 08:23 AM
So you are still in hospital Alaina? Thinking of you:)

ab123
03-25-2014, 11:57 AM
Still here! Seemed to do good on the florinef. Guess we will see what happens tonight..