PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering

mellymel
03-23-2014, 10:45 AM
Does anyone have any ideas on how to manage derealization and depersonalization? I think this is what I am experiencing. I am always wondering if my life is real and all that good stuff. Feel off and foggy. Strange thoughts. Any advice on how to get beyond this? Thanks :)

Hannah_28
03-23-2014, 11:03 AM
I have this too, not much in the way of advice tho, I just try to ignore it and carry on as 'normal'. Wonder if anyone has any suggestions?

mellymel
03-23-2014, 11:45 AM
I have this too, not much in the way of advice tho, I just try to ignore it and carry on as 'normal'. Wonder if anyone has any suggestions?

Do you also get weird thoughts and questions if
Life is real? That's the part that concerns me the most

mellymel
03-23-2014, 12:56 PM
Address the anxiety and not its symptoms and it will settle down in time .

I'm trying. Is the accompanying thought process normal with these feelings though?

Hannah_28
03-23-2014, 02:19 PM
Yes I do everyday I feel like I'm floating in another dimension it's not just you I promise, it is worrying, but I didn't realise it was a side effect of anxiety until recently, that's made me worry less 😊

mellymel
03-23-2014, 04:49 PM
Yes I do everyday I feel like I'm floating in another dimension it's not just you I promise, it is worrying, but I didn't realise it was a side effect of anxiety until recently, that's made me worry less dde0a

I'm sorry you feel that way too. It's probably the worst part of anxiety for me. I always remind myself that this is just anxiety to help me get through it.

Hannah_28
03-24-2014, 08:42 AM
It's ok were in it together :) I do the same, it's less worrying that way but still hard to deal with