PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety now depression

snowberry
03-20-2014, 06:11 AM
Since last night I've felt this overwhelming sense of depression. I felt it last month, too, (my anxiety/depression is definitely linked to my menstrual cycle) and it's utterly unbearable. I've had depression before but I could always handle it - now I'm thinking I might have to start going on meds.

In the meantime I need to got to work today, and I need to get to sleep tonight. I don't know what to do. This is beginning to take over my life. :( Anything I can do in the meantime until I can get a doctor's appointment?

sologirl82
03-20-2014, 06:33 AM
Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you're going through this. I am also, a little. What helped you last time when you went through this? Does any of the old stuff work this time?

snowberry
03-20-2014, 06:47 AM
Thanks for replying. Sorry you are also feeling bad. :(

I am feeling slightly better right now, just showered ready for work which helped me a bit. I am hoping that once the menstrual hormones are gone I will be feeling a bit better. My best way of coping is through distraction, so I try and watch tv shows and stuff. Of course right now I need to go to work so there's not much I can do about that for now.

JLK
03-20-2014, 07:03 AM
I get a lot more anxious around that time also. It helps to remind myself that the cause is hormonal, that it will pass. Maybe write that down to remind yourself if you need to. Another thing to do is ask yourself, right in that moment that you're feeling down, what can I do right now to make myself feel better? Usually for me, this means going to have a cup of tea or having a shower or something else soothing and relaxing. Hope this helps!!