PDA

View Full Version : Why death INSPIRES me!

Animity
03-19-2014, 02:59 PM
It's taken me SO LONG to become this positive, after years and years of severe anxiety. But now i've broken free, well.. Almost. I still have my days like anyone. I went to a graveyard recently and instead of being uncomfortable and depressed, I actually became motivated. We're all here on this Earth to live the best of our lives as we can, through our own experience and the people we love.

There were some pretty banged up tombstones, and others which were just rotting away. Which made me realize, that sooner or later i'm going to be just another hole in the ground. It might not sound great, but it made me realize that each day, each minute I waste being scared of something that's going to happen inevitably is completely pointless. Now this obviously didn't cure my fear/anxiety instantly. But now, when ever i'm scared of doing something I know that I can do this and it can lead to something great, or the worst that can happen is that it won't work out.

I read a book recently "Top 5 regrets of Dying". Now quite a few things scare me, but nothing scares me more than living a life I could have live, to only have it wasted. I don't want to be lying on my death bed one day thinking... What if. Maybe... IF I just... One thing i've learned though is that most people that have our condition of anxiety. Usually are perfectionists to some degree, that fear failure. But what is failure? I think it's just an opportunity to learn more. But, i'll talk about that another time.

:]

BrookeLynnnn
03-19-2014, 03:26 PM
It's taken me SO LONG to become this positive, after years and years of severe anxiety. But now i've broken free, well.. Almost. I still have my days like anyone. I went to a graveyard recently and instead of being uncomfortable and depressed, I actually became motivated. We're all here on this Earth to live the best of our lives as we can, through our own experience and the people we love. There were some pretty banged up tombstones, and others which were just rotting away. Which made me realize, that sooner or later i'm going to be just another hole in the ground. It might not sound great, but it made me realize that each day, each minute I waste being scared of something that's going to happen inevitably is completely pointless. Now this obviously didn't cure my fear/anxiety instantly. But now, when ever i'm scared of doing something I know that I can do this and it can lead to something great, or the worst that can happen is that it won't work out. I read a book recently "Top 5 regrets of Dying". Now quite a few things scare me, but nothing scares me more than living a life I could have live, to only have it wasted. I don't want to be lying on my death bed one day thinking... What if. Maybe... IF I just... One thing i've learned though is that most people that have our condition of anxiety. Usually are perfectionists to some degree, that fear failure. But what is failure? I think it's just an opportunity to learn more. But, i'll talk about that another time. :]

WOW..

I loved this!! Thanks for sharing!!

vonnhelsing
03-19-2014, 03:29 PM
Great perspective. Will definitely try to follow that mindset.

Niicole Lynne
03-19-2014, 03:29 PM
Yes thank u so much
This is my fear but this was awesome to read

Animity
03-20-2014, 05:00 AM
You're welcome guys. :]

needtogetwell
03-20-2014, 05:21 AM
Great perspective! I too share. Too bad for me it took the better part of 20 years to get there!

I wasted many years. But NO MORE!

Thanks for sharing!
Pam

Dahila
03-20-2014, 08:17 AM
life is precious, and it passes quickly. Our responsibility is to live to the fullest , to love, and to be loved. To spread love around us, not necessary on human, flowers and animals are part of us too.... Some nations celebrate death as a natural part of life. western nations are scared of that (Iam) and it does not help us. The fear of dying we have imprinted, slower us down, does not let us to use our potential in any area of life. It does add to suffering from anxiety..

jessed03
03-20-2014, 08:33 AM
Nice post :)

xchrissiex
03-20-2014, 08:36 AM
Thanks for sharing your thoughts this is a fantastic way of looking at life :)

GeneAllen
03-20-2014, 09:23 AM
Good post. Thank you.

Peace

NeverToo...Fear
03-20-2014, 10:14 AM
That was a good read. Thank you for this post :) I'm going to try and look at life more like that.