PDA

View Full Version : I ran out of my .5mg lorazepam, need advice

BrittC88
03-17-2014, 06:36 PM
So last night I took my last pill of lorazepam. I mostly just take it at night, however I have been really anxious lately and have started taking one pill and a half of another to get me through the night. Today I went to pick up my prescription and the pharmacy said they couldn't fill it for two more days. Because I was only supposed to take one a day and it was a 30 day supply. Now I don't know what I am going to do, I am going to be without it for two nights. I am worried about withdrawl from it, what should I do?

jessed03
03-17-2014, 06:49 PM
How long have you been taking it Britt?

BrittC88
03-17-2014, 06:53 PM
How long have you been taking it Britt?
over a year

jessed03
03-17-2014, 07:07 PM
Skipping a few doses of .5 won't be the end of the world. You may get a little rebound anxiety though.

I think I read you're taking Citalopram, is that still so?

BrittC88
03-17-2014, 07:13 PM
Skipping a few doses of .5 won't be the end of the world. You may get a little rebound anxiety though.

I think I read you're taking Citalopram, is that still so?

Yes I am still taking it, but I don't feel like it relieves my anxiety nearly as much as the lorazepam

needtogetwell
03-18-2014, 03:00 AM
Yes I am still taking it, but I don't feel like it relieves my anxiety nearly as much as the lorazepam

Hey Britt,

Hang in there, try some relaxation techniques, maybe a bath before bed.

Go back to the prescribed dosage so this doesn't happen to you again, the anxiety you will cause in your mind fretting about not having it is probably worse than actually being out.

It will be ok. That's a really small dose you are taking!

Hang in there!
Pam

Perses
03-18-2014, 06:38 AM
Dear Britt,

I feel your anxiety. I have taken 1mg clonazepam for 19 years. My emergency back-up was Xanax. I would try to think of this as an adventure. It's two days; so you will feel more nervous. So, just expect that, let it pass and, as the British slogan goes, "Keep calm and carry on." I've skipped dosages on occasion and didn't really notice, and I went off cold for two months. Didn't have much withdrawal symptoms, except as I said, I felt more anxious.

You'll do fine.

If you find yourself needing an extra lorazepam again, keep in mind that you'll run into the same problem. If it persists, then, you'll want to confer with your doctor.

Dahila
03-18-2014, 07:10 AM
Perses you were on the same dose for years but Britt upped it. That's not good. Upping benzos is always asking for trouble

GeneAllen
03-18-2014, 07:16 AM
So last night I took my last pill of lorazepam. I mostly just take it at night, however I have been really anxious lately and have started taking one pill and a half of another to get me through the night. Today I went to pick up my prescription and the pharmacy said they couldn't fill it for two more days. Because I was only supposed to take one a day and it was a 30 day supply. Now I don't know what I am going to do, I am going to be without it for two nights. I am worried about withdrawl from it, what should I do?

You may want to speak to the pharmacist. Just ask for 2 until you can refill, explain what you're going through, it's a possibility they may help or call the doc. If not take melatonin the next two nights, and as already said do some relaxation, chamomile tea, and no tv one half hour before bed. Just a few ideas. Melatonin can help you a lot here I think.

Peace