PDA

View Full Version : Prednisone: seriously messing me up!

bittersweetgirl
03-14-2014, 12:01 AM
My daughter is constantly sick from her kindergarten/daycare. I get every illness she has, but 10 times worse. So within a month, I'm on my second round of antibiotics and prednisone for (now) bacterial sinus infections and bronchitis. The prednisone makes me go crazy, literally crazy, with anger and anxiety. I'm supposed to go on this huge stressful spring break road trip with my two kids on Saturday - I'm scared. Psychiatrist told me to just take Xanax, but it doesn't touch this stuff.

I'm still sick, haven't packed a thing, and should leave for this trip soon so I don't ruin everything completely for my kids.

Anxiety levels are through the roof!! I don't know if I should just cancel this trip completely and take the money hit or what...

Venting!!!

NixonRulz
03-14-2014, 05:12 AM
I was on Prednisone when I had a serious sinus infection

I was a son of a bitch

Amazing how angry I was. That is a really common symptom

It never made me anxious

Are you sure it's the Prednisone, or perhaps you are worried about how you feel and it is causing the anxiety ?

Dahila
03-14-2014, 08:14 AM
I was on prednisone many times having problems with lungs and it never caused any anxiety for me, anger, hm tough to say, maybe:)) It must be something else.

Enduronman
03-14-2014, 08:20 AM
I was on prednisone for 20 months, and still am..
Yes, the high dose cycles can cause insomnia, agitation, anxiety...etc...
BUT, you've gotta get better so you must take them for the period of time your Doc specified...
If you're super concerned about your mental stability/ability during the upcoming trip, then stop them and restart them once the trip is over..
ONLY if you hade just started the steroid cycle and NOT in the middle of it....if you took the first 4 tablets, so what...

Just some thoughts,..
Sorry about alllllll the illnesses, stress weakens immunity. Period.

Have a great trip!

Enduronman... :)

NixonRulz
03-14-2014, 08:21 AM
I was on prednisone many times having problems with lungs and it never caused any anxiety for me, anger, hm tough to say, maybe:)) It must be something else.

I can't imagine how afraid I would be of you on Prednisone.