PDA

View Full Version : Celexa/ Citalopram

jamee
04-13-2008, 07:36 PM
I have been on Citalopram for about 5 weeks now. When I first started it made my anxiety worse but things have been steadily getting better every day. I feel like I am getting my life back and I am so grateful.

I am starting CBT this Wednesday and I am very excited to take this beast head on! I don't want to be on medication forever, but I feel they are putting me in a place where I am able to help myself.

I was so afraid of medication before (like I was afraid of almost everything else) and it really was a vicious cycle. But I started very slowly and experienced VERY minimal side effects.

I just want to encourage people who are afraid of meds to give them a try, they are helping me SO much and I hate to think that other people are needlessly suffering.

Dixxie
06-17-2008, 06:31 PM
I am glad to hear this, because Paxil cr and Effexor have both made me too sick to continue them....My sister takes Citalopram and loves it. No side effects. I started them but did not stay on because it didn't seem to help my axiety but then I was only on them maybe 3 weeks. I will try them once more.

Thanks.

hellodolly
06-20-2008, 02:00 PM
Glad to hear that it's working for you. I aw this whole website on the intense weight gain and other side effects that make me worry about taking meds.