PDA

View Full Version : SERTRALINE reviews please!!!!!!

TomoWHU
03-11-2014, 01:58 PM
Hi I'm of changing my meds as I've been on thew doses and had to many setbacks for my likeing and the doc said the next med we try would be sertraline as this tackles more anxiety than depression which is my problem

P.s I know that every meds work diff with everyone but would like some insight

ldocherty93
03-11-2014, 02:07 PM
I just started taking Sertraline last Monday so I've not noticed a difference in my anxiety yet but i'm hoping they work for me!

The first couple of times taking it I woke up in the morning shaking. The only other side effect i have is not able to get aroused during sex..

Kabukicho
03-11-2014, 02:09 PM
I freaked out on Sertraline after 3 days (massive panic attacks). Sertraline is an "activating" antidepressant, so that's no surprise. Also, I am very hyper-sensitive to medications and SSRI's do not work well for me. I stopped taking it and got better in another 48 hours or so.

Be in touch with your doctor and if you notice negative side effects, stop taking it and RELAX--the med will wash out of your system and you'll be fine again.

TomoWHU
03-11-2014, 02:10 PM
Yeah I do believe it could take up to 4 weeks for them to kick in, I've been on citalopram different doses felt better but had to many set backs and relapses, also have lorazepam handy IF needed

TomoWHU
03-11-2014, 02:15 PM
I just started taking Sertraline last Monday so I've not noticed a difference in my anxiety yet but i'm hoping they work for me! The first couple of times taking it I woke up in the morning shaking. The only other side effect i have is not able to get aroused during sex..

Only side affect I had on citalopram was being able to get aroused just took a while to the finish line if u get me lol, other one was dry mouth but these side affects disappear so they don't bother me

TomoWHU
03-11-2014, 02:19 PM
I freaked out on Sertraline after 3 days (massive panic attacks). Sertraline is an "activating" antidepressant, so that's no surprise. Also, I am very hyper-sensitive to medications and SSRI's do not work well for me. I stopped taking it and got better in another 48 hours or so. Be in touch with your doctor and if you notice negative side effects, stop taking it and RELAX--the med will wash out of your system and you'll be fine again.
as I said everyone is diff and one med don't work for everyone so I'm not concerned it's all about trial and error, also did the doc mention to be patient and give it time to work because they do say side affects can make your symptoms worse before the sink in and make you better

Kabukicho
03-11-2014, 02:29 PM
Yes, it definitely takes time for the side effects to lessen. Those are for more minor side effects, though. For me, the side effects were really unbearable. I had one of those reactions that they warn people against on the label.

Bottom line--it does take time for the med to kick in. Stay in touch with your doctor. Don't worry too much about the side effects. Good luck!

TomoWHU
03-11-2014, 02:37 PM
Cheers and thanks for the reply

patches6996
03-11-2014, 02:50 PM
Sertraline has been great to me. I had absolutely no side effects when I started and my depression and anxiety has significantly lowered. I'm not able to get off my benzo. It has literally saved my life. I have nothing but good things to say about Zoloft

Cullingford
03-11-2014, 02:55 PM
Sertraline has been great to me. I had absolutely no side effects when I started and my depression and anxiety has significantly lowered. I'm not able to get off my benzo. It has literally saved my life. I have nothing but good things to say about Zoloft

I have to agree with patches, I did suffer some side effects when first taking Sertraline. My Anxiety became worse for a couple of weeks, but now I am just about anxiety free and no side effects, feeling wonderful and living life.

ldocherty93
03-11-2014, 02:59 PM
I have to agree with patches, I did suffer some side effects when first taking Sertraline. My Anxiety became worse for a couple of weeks, but now I am just about anxiety free and no side effects, feeling wonderful and living life.

I hope they work as good as that for me! Glad to hear they're helping you!

TomoWHU
03-11-2014, 03:00 PM
I've been taken benzos but only when needed they help a lot when taken properly

Cullingford
03-11-2014, 03:02 PM
I hope so to Idocherty life is for living and enjoying! not being a slave to anxiety and depression, fingers crossed.

TomoWHU
03-11-2014, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the reviews people hope my intrusive thoughts is just a blip in my recovery and they will pass

Cullingford
03-11-2014, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the reviews people hope my intrusive thoughts is just a blip in my recovery and they will pass

I used to have terrible intrusive thoughts, my anxiety would fire one after another at me. The Setraline really worked well this combined with CBT sorry you are suffering with these! they are the worst.

TomoWHU
03-11-2014, 03:20 PM
Just accepting that it's part of my anxiety, my thoughts are about when my life is ending and finding it hard to accept embarrassing I no, after I've been great and anxiety free for 2 weeks after having cbt for another worry I had which initially triggered, hope it's just a blip in my recovery

Cullingford
03-11-2014, 03:32 PM
Hopefully this is just a blip for you! Hopefully when you get sorted on the Sertraline, you will be able to look and deal with these thoughts better. Once you become able to work through these thoughts without anxiety and panic the better you get at it and the stronger you will become.
I hope you continue to post and tell us how you are getting on.

TomoWHU
03-11-2014, 03:41 PM
Got a doc appointment in a couple of weeks, I've had up and down times on citalopram too many in my mind so that's why me and my doc decided to change so he weaned me down to 10mg for 2 weeks, but in them 2 weeks I felt great back to my old self and he gave me another month to see how I go coz I seemed to be doin great, but I unfortunately caught a sickness bug and them thoughts hit me when I recovered, I no ur not a doc but is it possible that I could have vomited my medication out my system??

smurfychris
03-11-2014, 04:23 PM
I had major side effects when I changed to Setraline after just two days, so threw it out and now just use DR Bach's as my reassurance, works wonders!

trinidiva
03-11-2014, 04:48 PM
It was a rough start for me but I hung in there....partially due to the support I received from some great folks on here...but it took 4-6 rough weeks until I got to a place where I started to feel alot less anxious and felt myself wanting to get out and do things I haven't done in ages. It truly is rough in thr beginning, at least for me.....but the results were worth it for me. Good luck!

em1
03-11-2014, 05:20 PM
I've been on these for nearly a year now 50mg and they have been great,the side affects won't last long And they Was good for the intrusive thoughts to,good luck

TB1
03-11-2014, 10:18 PM
The first couple weeks I was on Sertraline were rough for me. I remember being so upset from all the intrusive negative thoughts that I had an emotional breakdown during one of my therapy sessions. A good 15 minutes of the session was me just bawling my eyes out because I was that overwhelmed. Thankfully, that's the worst that I've felt since starting the antidepressants/therapy combo. I have noticed a nice reduction in these intrusive thoughts and my anxiety and depression over the weeks, but it took a while before I figured out it was the Sertraline. My counselor and people close to me noticed the changes before I did.

All I can say is just hang in there for the first 6-8 weeks. Unless you have any serious side effects, give the Sertraline the time it needs to do its job. You may end up feeling better before you realize.

tezbag
03-11-2014, 10:23 PM
I've been on it for a few weeks again on a very strict daily bases now. It has helped but I'm on wellbutrin and burspar on top of Sertraline. Im still hopping it get better. but not much change yet.

Jgirl-73
03-12-2014, 07:14 AM
Can I ask what everyone's starting dose is on this med? I'm not taking anything right now but Zoloft was the med my doc mentioned me trying several months ago. Thanks! :)

nikki_marie21
03-12-2014, 07:24 AM
Can I ask what everyone's starting dose is on this med? I'm not taking anything right now but Zoloft was the med my doc mentioned me trying several months ago. Thanks! :) I started with 50mg , it will be two weeks friday

Jgirl-73
03-12-2014, 01:25 PM
50 is high for a starting dose...according to my NP. She told me 25 is the norm for people with anxiety but I've been told I'd prob be started at 12.5 because I have bad reactions. Thanks for your feedback.
If anyone out there has started at that low of a dose, I'd like to hear how it was. :)

Cullingford
03-12-2014, 01:31 PM
I started on 50 but had to go up to 100mg.