PDA

View Full Version : Good Story on Panic Attacks and Meditation

NixonRulz
03-11-2014, 06:31 AM
Was just watching Good Morning America and Dan Harris did a story on having a panic attack on air.

He was an adrenaline junkie who covered wars and when he came back to New York, he was bored and became somewhat depressed

He started self medicating with drugs and he believes that is what caused his on air panic. (It shows he actual footage)

What is cool is that he was a huge sceptic of meditation and he explains how it changed his life

Just another good piece to watch for any doubters of the power that meditation has

needtogetwell
03-11-2014, 06:40 AM
Was just watching Good Morning America and Dan Harris did a story on having a panic attack on air. He was an adrenaline junkie who covered wars and when he came back to New York, he was bored and became somewhat depressed He started self medicating with drugs and he believes that is what caused his on air panic. (It shows he actual footage) What is cool is that he was a huge sceptic of meditation and he explains how it changed his life Just another good piece to watch for any doubters of the power that meditation has

Thanks Nixon, hopefully I can find a replay of this online. I would like to see it. Gave up cable TV 5 yrs ago and don't see these programs any more.

I was a CNN junkie and it was stressing me out too much!

Have a great day!!!!!
Pam

Dahila
03-11-2014, 06:41 AM
Thanks to meditation I am still here, I had quit meds for years, but I am back on them, and back to meditation.....After two months I can feel difference in me,,,,,, there is not goal of course, there is peace in meditation...

trinidiva
03-11-2014, 07:32 AM
I saw that yesterday on the news. It is nice that people dont feel like they have to hide in the shadows s anymore because of their panic disorders. Every emotion he spoke about, i have felt...especially when he said he felt humiliated afterwards.....I have definitely been there.

I think im going to purchase his new book.

Enduronman
03-11-2014, 08:16 AM
I have ADD/ADHD!! I can't sit still for 2 mins,...grrrr I wish meditation was an option for me but I'd be growling after a minute......grrrrr
Where's my ADD MEDS!!! I need some...

xxx

Enduronman... :)

Dahila
03-11-2014, 08:20 AM
Eman a minute of meditation can be as beneficial as one hour. you should try, without the goal of results, then it works. One minute of not doing:)) even half is beneficial.

Enduronman
03-11-2014, 08:44 AM
Ok GAWD!!!
I'll try for a minute then, even though I am as happy as Jesse with a french fry...

E-Man.. :)

Dahila
03-11-2014, 09:42 AM
Ok GAWD!!!
I'll try for a minute then, even though I am as happy as Jesse with a french fry...

E-Man.. :)

yOu always make me smile bru :)) Jesse with a french fry............... how do they call it ? chips?