PDA

View Full Version : Feeling useless and disappointed..

Mellykey
03-08-2014, 03:57 PM
For years I have been struggling with excessive periods of depression and major anxiety attacks, I was diagnosed with Agoraphobia in my early teen years, and then diagnosed with minor BPD. I dropped out of High School due to my depression and anxiety. Years later I went for my GED and no matter how much I studied and how much money I wasted I could not pass my Math so I never obtained a GED.

It's extremely hard for me to find a suitable job, the only job I had was a crappy minimum wage job that put me through so much stress I had no choice but to quit. I live with my husband who encouraged me to quit my job but now I feel even worse, he might have a high paying job to financially support us both but I hate relying on him and feeling useless that I can't do anything at all to help. I feel like I'm trapped in my own life, that nothing will ever get better for me. I blame myself for all this happening to me and I just don't know what to do anymore.. and how to cope with it.. it makes me feel like life isn't worth all this.. and I don't want to give up but sometimes I feel like I have no choice.. I don't see myself having a future,, all I see is darkness and suffering. Why does this happen to most people? The sad thing is that I don't even have it as hard as most do and yet it's like my life has ended because of my anxiety and inability to do anything right.. and I just feel like a hopeless case on my end. I've gone to therapy, medications, all and nothing has helped me. Sometimes I just lay in bed all day wasting the day away because I am that disappointed in my self. I want to have a normal, carefree live before I age old and can only remember the memories of resentment, envy, anger, and all..

Kabukicho
03-08-2014, 04:34 PM
Welcome to AF. :-)

You say you "hate relying" on him. Why is that? Is it so bad to rely on someone else? We all rely on other people in our daily lives. Even if you had an "amazing", "world-class", six-figure-salary job, you'd still "rely" on your employer and your company's customers and the economy and things like that. Reliance is only human. Don't beat yourself up over it.

You say you "feel useless." Are you really useless? I sincerely doubt that. I bet you make your husband very happy just by being around. Do you help out around the house? That's not useless at all. We all have moments when we feel useless, but it's rarely true.

I know there are no easy solutions, and for that I'm sorry. I wish I could offer you stronger words of support. Just know that you aren't alone.

*Hug*

chardae
03-08-2014, 11:21 PM
I could of written that post word for word. In exactly the same situation. You are NOT alone. Here if you need to chat, hope you are ok xox