PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and wars.

AliasEQ
03-07-2014, 07:54 AM
Hi guys! :)

Ahh I've been sleeping really good today, I actually feel normal. No symptoms at all. And oh, I GOT MY DRIVERS LICENSE TODAY! YAAY!

So I have this funny thought. What would happen if you'd throw in an anxious person into a war for a year (hopefully the person won't die). Would his anxiety still be there after the war? Will it be worse/better? Will he/she forget about it?

Of course, I won't join a war just to get rid of my anxiety. Or maybe I would lol.

What do you think? :D

NixonRulz
03-07-2014, 07:56 AM
Hi guys! :) Ahh I've been sleeping really good today, I actually feel normal. No symptoms at all. And oh, I GOT MY DRIVERS LICENSE TODAY! YAAY! So I have this funny thought. What would happen if you'd throw in an anxious person into a war for a year (hopefully the person won't die). Would his anxiety still be there after the war? Will it be worse/better? Will he/she forget about it? Of course, I won't join a war just to get rid of my anxiety. Or maybe I would lol. What do you think? :D

MAKE LOVE NOT WAR

Throwback to the 60's was finally appropriate

Confidential
03-07-2014, 07:57 AM
LOL I dont know if throwing someone into a war would cure anxiety, I think the evidence of soilders that come back with PTSD is enough to make me never want to even think about being in a war...

PR83
03-07-2014, 08:01 AM
I actually think that the person's anxiety would diminish during combat...Why? Because you become focused on something other than yourself, also you are in survivial mode on a daily basis.

Dahila
03-07-2014, 08:02 AM
I actually think that the person's anxiety would diminish during combat...Why? Because you become focused on something other than yourself, also you are in survivial mode on a daily basis.

Why so many suicides in army?

Enduronman
03-07-2014, 08:05 AM
First off,..YAY!!!!! Glad you can drive now!!
Second off, our military wouldn't allow someone that had any sorts of mental disorders like anxiety in.
They wouldn't want a dude like me in there with a gun or multiple guns because I would shoot anything that moved..that wasn't on my side.
Then, somebody would have alot of explaining to do..
If you threw me in there, and the soul purpose was to kill everybody, then I would..
Which reminds me of John Witherspoon-Steroids....I will post it for you.
I would perform very well under those conditions to keep myself and my commrades alive..hypersensitive but there would inevitably be senseless deaths too...not cool.
I would be in a sort of Warlike trance, and not know nor understand the significance of anything going on, until they let me out and come home...then it would hit me.
PTSD with extreme anxiety because that would be a hard switch to flip...I would find it nearly impossible to adjust to civilized life again...
I think, my anxiety would be way worse because I would lose sight in the value of human life....
Maybe John will lighten the mood a little bit now, that's a tough question bruh...its a funny video, one of my favorites.
Have a great day Elias!! YAY!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTy_gLF8zR0

Enduronman.. :)

Dahila
03-07-2014, 08:11 AM
Heheh Eman, Alias sorry Congratulation on your shiny Drivers License:))

AliasEQ
03-07-2014, 08:25 AM
Hahah Eman!

I guess this isn't a very smart idea. I was thinking that it may be a something like a distraction. Not a fun one, but a good one. If we look at Syria today; I wonder how the ones with anxiety lives? They were thrown into war. Are they even still thinking about anxiety?

NixonRulz
03-07-2014, 08:29 AM
Hahah Eman! I guess this isn't a very smart idea. I was thinking that it may be a something like a distraction. Not a fun one, but a good one. If we look at Syria today; I wonder how the ones with anxiety lives? They were thrown into war. Are they even still thinking about anxiety?

I think if they know they have anxiety issues, they would have to tell someone when signing up

I believe they would not be eligible

It would seem more appropriate for the people who have developed a disorder, I suppose

jessed03
03-07-2014, 08:36 AM
I'd imagine for a while their fight or flight would be put to it's correct use, and they'd be so distracted by war that they would feel, slightly normal.

But then when they quit or the war ended, they'd probably be 5x worse as their fight or flight would be stronger and more ingrained, instead of it having been returned to normal. And their nerves would probably be even more shot.

Congrats on getting your license man :)

Enduronman
03-07-2014, 08:48 AM
Lots of opression over there but we can't get close enough to Assad to do anything about it. He is one of the richest men in this World. And of course, well protected and smart too...the only way to end that war, is to topple his regime but it has maintained a death grip over there for 30 or 40 years I'm sure. It would be wayyy different if he chose to invade another Country however. We are doing the best we can over there to disarm him..
We are also very concerned about what Russia is doing in Crimea, this is very disturbing and Putin has crossed a line. We are also arming surrounding Countries there too. That war will spread like a plague..
We are also very very concerned with Iran but even more concerned with keeping the Isrealis calm,,..Isreal would love to turn Iran into a giant crater and they have to power to do it even being so small. Probably the most brutally powerful Nation in the region. (backed and funded by the US of course). But Irans leader is crazy enough to get things started, thank God he has to go through Clerics like we have a Congress...or he wouldv'e already pushed a button.
I think you're safe up there in my homelands bruh!! Enjoy the civility and actual compassion of the Swedish people. You're still Vikings, just don't really need to conquer anyone or anything...LOL!!! :)

Enduronman
03-07-2014, 08:49 AM
I'd imagine for a while their fight or flight would be put to it's correct use, and they'd be so distracted by war that they would feel, slightly normal.

But then when they quit or the war ended, they'd probably be 5x worse as their fight or flight would be stronger and more ingrained, instead of it having been returned to normal. And their nerves would probably be even more shot.

Congrats on getting your license man :)

Yes, we would feel slightly normal bruh!!! Yes, we would be 5 or more times worse when it was over and there was no one left to harm...Agreed. :)

AliasEQ
03-07-2014, 08:55 AM
Jessed, yea I think it would be like that. Kind of like alcohol. You get distracted for the moment -the day after is horrible. Thanks!! :D

Eman wow. Someone loves politics :D I don't know much about politics but I do know that SWEDEN VIKINGS ARE THE SH*T!! :D

Enduronman
03-07-2014, 09:02 AM
Bruh I hate politics, I just have to know who, what, when, where, and why because I have a 15 yr old son...I like to know what the liklihood of him having to go somewhere is in the works. So far, no...our forces are big enough to deal with everything at the moment. But, it all kinda hangs in the balance depending upon a number of things and including if Japan and China can't get their shit straight about some stupid islands..LMAO!! Eveybody is pissed off at everybody!!! They're both nuclear though..oh geeze...

Enough about wars let's talk about how great today is for us all here!!! YAY!! It's Friday!!!!.....:)

Enduronman....

AliasEQ
03-07-2014, 09:12 AM
Bruh I hate politics, I just have to know who, what, when, where, and why because I have a 15 yr old son...I like to know what the liklihood of him having to go somewhere is in the works. So far, no...our forces are big enough to deal with everything at the moment. But, it all kinda hangs in the balance depending upon a number of things and including if Japan and China can't get their shit straight about some stupid islands..LMAO!! Eveybody is pissed off at everybody!!! They're both nuclear though..oh geeze...

Enough about wars let's talk about how great today is for us all here!!! YAY!! It's Friday!!!!.....:)

Enduronman....

Nuclear in the hands of wrong leaders = catastrophe. But no worries, Swedens vikings got everything under control.

Well, today has been great. Gonna hit the gym now and FUARK SOME SH*T UP!!

Enduronman
03-07-2014, 09:26 AM
Good deal man!!! Lift some for me too!!!

E-Man...:)

Enduronman
03-07-2014, 09:28 AM
I wonder what mikes (Sapper) views are on this. Having lived with anxiety and being regularly deployed to Afghanistan.

I think about this with my kid. He is hell bent on enlisting as I've said and yet here we are going to CAMHS next week and years of anxiety under his belt at his tender 15 years.

I think how will he cope? If he gets in and how will he cope if he doesn't? What if he gets the skills to get well and then his history excludes him? What if? What if? What if? I suppose I will just focus on what is when we get to next Friday. I'm filled with worry over all of it TBH.

I don't know what your laws are over there but here, my son's medical record would be thoroughly reviewed before enlistment...:)