PDA

View Full Version : What made you happy, smile or laugh today.....

Pages : [1] 2

needtogetwell
03-05-2014, 05:16 PM
I'm sending out an open invitation for anyone to share....

Fully understanding that living with anxiety can make us NOT see the funny or bright side of things... Just the same, something probably made you smile or happy I today.

Just a couple of things here....
1. Shamrock shakes are back at McDonalds! Yeah! Sign of spring
2. It didn't snow today and the sun came out. Big 2 thumbs up for that!
3. My dog (7 month old Australian Shepard) ate all the toilet paper off the roll and got wrapped up in it. Annoying yes but in the end a really good laugh!

Anyone else????

Kabukicho
03-05-2014, 05:32 PM
I had a bad day today, but I did watch a gloriously hilarious YouTube video that my friend sent me. Actually laughed, which is rare these days.

Your dog sounds cute! The puppy phase is annoying but fun. When my Welsh Corgi was a puppy, she always stole socks from the laundry basket and took them into her bed area. Don't know why.

needtogetwell
03-05-2014, 05:37 PM
I had a bad day today, but I did watch a gloriously hilarious YouTube video that my friend sent me. Actually laughed, which is rare these days. Your dog sounds cute! The puppy phase is annoying but fun. When my Welsh Corgi was a puppy, she always stole socks from the laundry basket and took them into her bed area. Don't know why.

See, even though you said you had a bad day you did find something to laugh about. Baby steps, and you made one today! Well done! Something good!

needtogetwell
03-05-2014, 05:39 PM
I had a bad day today, but I did watch a gloriously hilarious YouTube video that my friend sent me. Actually laughed, which is rare these days. Your dog sounds cute! The puppy phase is annoying but fun. When my Welsh Corgi was a puppy, she always stole socks from the laundry basket and took them into her bed area. Don't know why.

I had a Welsh Corgi years ago and her claim to fame was chewing the bottom out of a jar of Vaseline and licking out half the jar! Dogs do strange things!

stp4779
03-05-2014, 07:13 PM
Oh man, I looove shamrock shakes! I've had two recently :)

Enduronman
03-05-2014, 07:42 PM
I laughed about 3 times today so far,..like really laughed..
How odd it must seem to my youngest daughter, that every time I have to go pick up a puppy terd..I laugh.
Hmmm...I did get a "wtf is yer problem?" from her that last time but she knew what I was doing.
How can something that makes her want to vomit at the thought of it, be so fuggin funny to my idiot Dad??
She wouldn't pick it up outside the bathroom door and hijacked my bathroom (9 bottles of shit in my shower now) because she was freaking out...over a puppy terd.
I would laugh, because of this following scene from one of my favorite, hilariously stupid and idiotic movies.. American Wedding. The Series is funny..I like funny!
NOOOOOO,..I didn't eat it but I was hoping that each one may have held a wedding ring that I lost somewhere in this house..many years ago.
Wishful thinking!!! No ring...
Tomorrow I will offer my daughter a chocolate truffel?.. BAAAHAA!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5Dec6RdFzw

Have a spectacular night/day all!!!

Enduronman.. LOL! :)

stp4779
03-05-2014, 07:56 PM
A chocolate truffle haha!

Enduronman
03-05-2014, 07:58 PM
Let her have it!!!..Give it to momma...LMAO!!!.. :D

Niicole Lynne
03-05-2014, 07:59 PM
My students made me smile today
And one parent told me that her daughter wanted to come to school even with an ear infection. She said and wonders if her daughter will be a teacher one day and that I must be such an awesome teacher since her daughter loves school so much :)

needtogetwell
03-05-2014, 08:14 PM
I laughed about 3 times today so far,..like really laughed.. How odd it must seem to my youngest daughter, that every time I have to go pick up a puppy terd..I laugh. Hmmm...I did get a "wtf is yer problem?" from her that last time but she knew what I was doing. How can something that makes her want to vomit at the thought of it, be so fuggin funny to my idiot Dad?? She wouldn't pick it up outside the bathroom door and hijacked my bathroom (9 bottles of shit in my shower now) because she was freaking out...over a puppy terd. I would laugh, because of this following scene from one of my favorite, hilariously stupid and idiotic movies.. American Wedding. The Series is funny..I like funny! NOOOOOO,..I didn't eat it but I was hoping that each one may have held a wedding ring that I lost somewhere in this house..many years ago. Wishful thinking!!! No ring... Tomorrow I will offer my daughter a chocolate truffel?.. BAAAHAA!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5Dec6RdFzw Have a spectacular night/day all!!! Enduronman.. LOL! :)

You're such a hoot! Your house must be like mine at times....a three ring circus!!!

Thanks for sharing!

needtogetwell
03-05-2014, 08:15 PM
My students made me smile today And one parent told me that her daughter wanted to come to school even with an ear infection. She said and wonders if her daughter will be a teacher one day and that I must be such an awesome teacher since her daughter loves school so much :)

Thanks for sharing Nicole, you must love what you do to get that type of a reaction from a student!

Niicole Lynne
03-05-2014, 08:22 PM
Thanks for sharing Nicole, you must love what you do to get that type of a reaction from a student!

I truly do! I teach grade one and I truly believe I was meant to do it :)

lindzD327
03-05-2014, 08:28 PM
My boyfriend sent me this little paragraph of text, it really made me relax and smile because he's always there for me. (I know I'm only 15 yadda yadda but he is truely helping me through everything) 😊

KatyFan
03-05-2014, 08:44 PM
I did an oil pastel drawing of a lion. It was roaring..I meant for it to be a male of course but I gave it feminine eyelashes. Someone informed me that girl lions do not have manes lol

petrified
03-06-2014, 02:20 AM
What a great thread :-)

Yesterday I felt like rubbish but I watched a box set of my mad fat diary that cheered me up! It had me laughing a lot.

E-man I have never been able to eat a chocolate truffle since watching that film haha. I think it has scarred me for life lol :-)

AliasEQ
03-06-2014, 02:32 AM
Great thread! :)

1. My sickness is gone; No fever, no dizziness, no heavy heart palps etc. YAY!!
2. Eman punching everything to make it work and the same time screaming "F*** it" gave me a really good laugh haha.

needtogetwell
03-06-2014, 03:50 AM
My boyfriend sent me this little paragraph of text, it really made me relax and smile because he's always there for me. (I know I'm only 15 yadda yadda but he is truely helping me through everything) dde0a

Wonderful Lindz' He sounds like a nice guy. 15 or 50, it is so good to have someone who helps you through!

Cheers!
~Pam

needtogetwell
03-06-2014, 03:53 AM
I did an oil pastel drawing of a lion. It was roaring..I meant for it to be a male of course but I gave it feminine eyelashes. Someone informed me that girl lions do not have manes lol

Great sense of humour KatyFan! A creative outlet can be so helpful!

needtogetwell
03-06-2014, 04:02 AM
What a great thread :-) Yesterday I felt like rubbish but I watched a box set of my mad fat diary that cheered me up! It had me laughing a lot. E-man I have never been able to eat a chocolate truffle since watching that film haha. I think it has scarred me for life lol :-)

Thanks Petrified! Just hoping to get people to realize that although we have tough days and it's easy to focus on the bad feelings, they need not completely rule our lives. I see it like a news broadcast...the lead story is usually something negative. Time to flip it on its head!

needtogetwell
03-06-2014, 04:04 AM
Great thread! :) 1. My sickness is gone; No fever, no dizziness, no heavy heart palps etc. YAY!! 2. Eman punching everything to make it work and the same time screaming "F*** it" gave me a really good laugh haha.

Yeah for you Alias! Glad you're feeling better! Big time positive thing.

petrified
03-06-2014, 07:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1wWhLzDRIY

This made me so happy. I love to see cross generational stuff like this. Takes away all the stereotype nonsense and gets on with the business of humanity.

\hope you like it too.

Ah that's a great video frankie, how lovely is she?
That definitely made me smile :-D

amers85
03-06-2014, 09:58 AM

This made me smile today =)

Enduronman
03-06-2014, 10:03 AM
This made me laugh today...poor guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUp4osLW4xs

:)

deathroman13
03-06-2014, 10:53 AM
Finally for the first time restringing my guitar and beginning to understand some fretboard theory made me very happy today. I finally feel I can progres further.

petrified
03-06-2014, 10:55 AM
Today I went for a coffee with my friend we had a lovely catchup and had a giggle. It definitely made me happy and reminded me I need to do it more often

NixonRulz
03-06-2014, 10:59 AM
Today I went for a coffee with my friend we had a lovely catchup and had a giggle. It definitely made me happy and reminded me I need to do it more often

Why is it that everything you ladies from the UK write on here make it sound that all women there are so classy?

"A lovely catchup and a giggle"

How could anyone get tired of seeing and hearing things like that?

petrified
03-06-2014, 11:04 AM
Why is it that everything you ladies from the UK write on here make it sound that all women there are so classy?

Why thank you my dear Nixon.

(hope you haven't seen Geordie shore though ;-p it's hard to pull off classy with our accent)

NixonRulz
03-06-2014, 11:07 AM
Why thank you my dear Nixon. (hope you haven't seen Geordie shore though ;-p it's hard to pull off classy with our accent)

Well, I'm going to ask my wife for a British lady for my birthday

At the very least, maybe she will wear a Mary Poppins outfit and carry an umbrella so we can role play. ; )

stp4779
03-06-2014, 11:19 AM

So true! It's a widely held belief here in America that the British appear so much more refined as a result of their accent! The rain in Spain stays mainly on the plain :)

What do Europeans think of American accents? Do we sound dumb? Mean?

amers85
03-06-2014, 11:48 AM

This makes me reallllly happy lol sunshine today !

petrified
03-06-2014, 02:15 PM
So true! It's a widely held belief here in America that the British appear so much more refined as a result of their accent! The rain in Spain stays mainly on the plain :)

What do Europeans think of American accents? Do we sound dumb? Mean?

I'm a Geordie so really don't talk like that lol.
Not sure if you no Cheryl Cole or Ant and Dec I talk more like them lol.

American accents are great I love a New York accent :-)
I don't like the way Americans say aluminium and a few other words though lol.

Nixon your comment made me smile I love your perception of British Women please don't ever watch an episode of Jeremy Kyle I fear it would scar you for life :-)

needtogetwell
03-06-2014, 02:31 PM
What made me happy today....hmmmm.

It has been one of those very illuminating days which only happen once in a while.

Today I was able to clearly see all the parallels between my son's Autism and my Anxiety disorder. In some ways they are alike from the perspective of sensory overload. When my son has too much sensory input he will have a meltdown and have episodes of poor behaviour. What I have been trained to do is help him refocus his attention on something other and the behaviours will settle down.

Sound familiar to anyone? One of the best ways for me to get through anxiety attack or panic attack is to refocus and stress the positives in my life. It has been through all here and new to this who have made me realize that by taking baby steps and taking both comfort and joy from small successes you can help yourself immeasurably.

Build success upon little success gets you where you want to be! And today helping others here makes me happy. Plain and simple!!!!

A great day!

petrified
03-06-2014, 03:10 PM
I love how New Yorkers say coffee. If I lived there it might even convert me from tea!

I also very much delight in the sound of a Boston accent. That is my favourite! :)

Boston accents are fab :-)

petrified
03-06-2014, 03:17 PM
What made me happy today....hmmmm.

It has been one of those very illuminating days which only happen once in a while.

Today I was able to clearly see all the parallels between my son's Autism and my Anxiety disorder. In some ways they are alike from the perspective of sensory overload. When my son has too much sensory input he will have a meltdown and have episodes of poor behaviour. What I have been trained to do is help him refocus his attention on something other and the behaviours will settle down.

Sound familiar to anyone? One of the best ways for me to get through anxiety attack or panic attack is to refocus and stress the positives in my life. It has been through all here and new to this who have made me realize that by taking baby steps and taking both comfort and joy from small successes you can help yourself immeasurably.

Build success upon little success gets you where you want to be! And today helping others here makes me happy. Plain and simple!!!!

A great day!

Hi pam that is great advice!

I love that last quote especially that should be everyone's motto in life :-)
I'm pleased you have had a good day!

Kabukicho
03-06-2014, 04:00 PM
Today I thought about starting my new job in May and that made me happy.

needtogetwell
03-06-2014, 04:21 PM
Today I thought about starting my new job in May and that made me happy.

Exiting times ahead for you! Wonderful !

needtogetwell
03-06-2014, 04:33 PM
Exiting times ahead for you! Wonderful !

Blah! I hate typing on my iphone with long finger nails! I meant exciting! Lol

stp4779
03-06-2014, 04:48 PM
I had to watch a YouTube video on how to speak Geordie :) Now I understand haha! I think a New York or Boston accent may be America's version of Geordie. Pittsburgh too. People have an unusual accent where I live.

Has anyone ever seen the movie Fargo? That's closer to how I speak because I grew up in Michigan (North Central America).

Oh my gosh, I don't like how the English say aluminum! AluminYUM. Hahahaa!!

petrified
03-06-2014, 05:15 PM
I had to watch a YouTube video on how to speak Geordie :) Now I understand haha! I think a New York or Boston accent may be America's version of Geordie. Pittsburgh too. People have an unusual accent where I live.

Has anyone ever seen the movie Fargo? That's closer to how I speak because I grew up in Michigan (North Central America).

Oh my gosh, I don't like how the English say aluminum! AluminYUM. Hahahaa!!

Yeah I'm pleased Geordies accents are like the American New York accent lol. I wonder if its because we are north easteners lol :-)

I've just googled your accent and it really sounds like I would probably describe a typical American accent. Maybe with a little Canadian in it though ;-).

Alumnin YUM is the correct way lol I consider myself an expert as my dad made it for over 30 years at work haha.

P.s I dread to think what video you watched in Geordie accents I'm sure there are some horrendous in there :-/

needtogetwell
03-06-2014, 05:24 PM
One more thing made me happy today.....the bag of chips I just inhaled (or crisps to some of you.) I'm getting it!!! Chips = French fries to some of you.

How on earth did the English language get so muddled? Lol

petrified
03-06-2014, 05:29 PM
One more thing made me happy today.....the bag of chips I just inhaled (or crisps to some of you.) I'm getting it!!! Chips = French fries to some of you.

How on earth did the English language get so muddled? Lol

It's crisps to me lol and I here you there I devoured some before too and I was left with a smile.
Beats me all you Americans speaking funny it is the English language after all hehe
Pleased you are feeling happy today though Pam and this thread has helped put a BIG smile in my face and I'm sure everyone else who has posted on it :-)

stp4779
03-06-2014, 05:33 PM
Exactly Frankie! A-LOOOOO-min-um

stp4779
03-06-2014, 05:37 PM
Petrified: actually, it was a very nice video of an English voice coach who was pointing out the differences in Geordie and what made it different than other dialects.

stp4779
03-06-2014, 05:39 PM
Oh, I meant to ask: can someone please explain to me what bangers and mash is? I know I could just google it, but this is more fun!

needtogetwell
03-06-2014, 06:06 PM
It's crisps to me lol and I here you there I devoured some before too and I was left with a smile. Beats me all you Americans speaking funny it is the English language after all hehe Pleased you are feeling happy today though Pam and this thread has helped put a BIG smile in my face and I'm sure everyone else who has posted on it :-)

Ok so where does that leave me as a Canadian? Somewhere between the Brits and the Yanks! No wonder I'm so messed up with the English language! Lol!!!!

NixonRulz
03-06-2014, 06:09 PM
Ok so where does that leave me as a Canadian? Somewhere between the Brits and the Yanks! No wonder I'm so messed up with the English language! Lol!!!!

Well if nothing else, you always have Justine Bieber LOL

needtogetwell
03-06-2014, 06:13 PM
Sausages and mashed potatoes.....often accompanied by onion gravy! :) If you like you can make a Yorkshire pudding batter and pour over the sausages and bake and then you turn "bangers n mash" to a "toad in the hole." ;) I'm not shitting you!

Help me out here my Brit friends..... I have an ongoing battle with my husband on this one.

What goes into Bubble and Squeek? He is 1st generation removed from Scotland and I am convinced he is confused on this one.

I won't tell you what he thinks until I get a reply. It is possible but unlikely that I am wrong and will have to eat crow!

needtogetwell
03-06-2014, 06:15 PM
Well if nothing else, you always have Justine Bieber LOL

Geeeee thanks for that! Our national embarrassment! Lol

NixonRulz
03-06-2014, 06:19 PM
Three words......George Bush Jnr. ;)

I love that guy!

I just want Reagan
back!

needtogetwell
03-06-2014, 06:21 PM
I love that guy! I just want Reagan back!

Me too he was my hero!

needtogetwell
03-06-2014, 06:22 PM
And we digress.......what fun!

Dahila
03-06-2014, 09:12 PM
I am listening Jon Kabat Zinn in my car and I closed the eyes (waiting on work parking lot to be 5 to 4) I practice guided meditation by him, so his voice relaxes me...I closed my eyes... just for a sec, was ten to 4.....I was late to work, and they laugh again, I do it constantly, reading a book , but today I think I slept :))
I felt refreshed though

NixonRulz
03-06-2014, 09:17 PM
I am listening Jon Kabat Zinn in my car and I closed the eyes (waiting on work parking lot to be 5 to 4) I practice guided meditation by him, so his voice relaxes me...I closed my eyes... just for a sec, was ten to 4.....I was late to work, and they laugh again, I do it constantly, reading a book , but today I think I slept :))
I felt refreshed though

What time is it where you are?

Is it morning?

ab123
03-06-2014, 09:23 PM
I laughed at myself in the car because I just downloaded a favorite song if mine on my phone and had It playing in my car...and decided to be a rock star..and I was caught by a neighboring car. Damn. Hahaha

Dahila
03-06-2014, 09:38 PM
What time is it where you are?

Is it morning?
I think we have maybe an hour of difference, right now is 11:38 pm. I start my work at 4 pm:)))

I laughed at myself in the car because I just downloaded a favorite song if mine on my phone and had It playing in my car...and decided to be a rock star..and I was caught by a neighboring car. Damn. Hahaha

eh what we do in the cars Hehehe

NixonRulz
03-06-2014, 09:45 PM
[QUOTE=Dahila;169227]I think we have maybe an hour of difference, right now is 11:38 pm. I start my work at 4 pm:)))

Its 11:45 here now

You work at 4:00? What are you a cab driver, Dahila? LOL

If you were, I bet you would yell at everyone that didn't say where they wanted to go very clearly

Dahila
03-06-2014, 09:55 PM
[QUOTE=Dahila;169227]I think we have maybe an hour of difference, right now is 11:38 pm. I start my work at 4 pm:)))

Its 11:45 here now

You work at 4:00? What are you a cab driver, Dahila? LOL

If you were, I bet you would yell at everyone that didn't say where they wanted to go very clearly
4 pm, partime? no cab driver, I would not mind, just the papers pusher....

What is the discussion about chips? and Chips and fries are two different things....
My British friend is going for vacation to England and he was so exited I had difficulties to understand him,,, :)

am I yelling at people??????????

Dahila
03-06-2014, 10:00 PM

petrified
03-07-2014, 01:08 AM
Help me out here my Brit friends..... I have an ongoing battle with my husband on this one.

What goes into Bubble and Squeek? He is 1st generation removed from Scotland and I am convinced he is confused on this one.

I won't tell you what he thinks until I get a reply. It is possible but unlikely that I am wrong and will have to eat crow!

Yeah frankie was right, Sunday dinner left overs all mashed up and fried.
Sounds horrible but it's really yummy lol
So do you have to eat crow now pam lol :-)

Smokewater
03-07-2014, 01:19 AM
I watched "Modern Problems" for the first time since the late 90's. Early Chevy Chase always brightens my mood.

petrified
03-07-2014, 02:13 AM
Petrified: actually, it was a very nice video of an English voice coach who was pointing out the differences in Geordie and what made it different than other dialects.

Haha I'm pleased about that! I'm wondering if they said wey aye man! Apparently us Geordies say that all the time but I can't remember saying it much lol :-)

petrified
03-07-2014, 02:14 AM
Sausages and mashed potatoes.....often accompanied by onion gravy! :)

If you like you can make a Yorkshire pudding batter and pour over the sausages and bake and then you turn "bangers n mash" to a "toad in the hole." ;) I'm not shitting you!

Oooh toad in the hole! That's one for the comfort food thread :-)

petrified
03-07-2014, 02:15 AM

You Canadians fascinate me when you talk! You all sound like characters off South Park :-)
Reminds me of my youth

needtogetwell
03-07-2014, 03:26 AM
Yeah frankie was right, Sunday dinner left overs all mashed up and fried. Sounds horrible but it's really yummy lol So do you have to eat crow now pam lol :-)

I think I'm clear on the eating crow thing. We were both a bit wrong, but him more than me.

He calls Bubble and Squeek, what I would call a variation on Bangers and mash. Sausage, mashed potatoes (with sautéed onions and grated cheese in it) and gravy on top.

I on the other hand always thought there was cabbage in it and fried, which would make sense to me because growing up my mum's Sunday dinners always had cabbage.

Either way, they are both quite yummy!

Thanks so much for the clarification!

needtogetwell
03-07-2014, 03:30 AM
I watched "Modern Problems" for the first time since the late 90's. Early Chevy Chase always brightens my mood.

Thanks for sharing Smokewater, Chevy Chase movies always make me laugh, especially the Christmas Classic: Christmas Vacation!

stp4779
03-07-2014, 09:11 AM
Ha ha, toad in a hole, I like it! With a side of "ants on a log" (celery sticks with peanut butter and raisins on top).

BlessedMom
03-07-2014, 11:36 AM
My fake eyelashes didn't cause me fits going on today. That made me happy.

petrified
03-07-2014, 01:47 PM
I got my sons school report back today and it made me smile to see how well he is doing. He just started there in September an its nice to see he is settling in really well.

(Ants on a log? They are new to me too lol)

petrified
03-07-2014, 01:49 PM
Just seen this dahlia
Chips are French fries and crisps come in a packet flavoured lol.
Do you call them both chips?

I wonder why it wouldn't let me quote dahlia there?

needtogetwell
03-07-2014, 02:07 PM
My fake eyelashes didn't cause me fits going on today. That made me happy.

That would make any woman happy!!!!! I just gave up with them

needtogetwell
03-07-2014, 02:09 PM
My dumb new kitten that likes to drag the rubbish out of my daughters room . Now all i need to do is train it to put it in the bin and we will all be happy. :)

While your at it, would you train my maniac puppy? Getting tired of picking up shredded paper!

Thanks for sharing, the visual on that has me grinning!

needtogetwell
03-07-2014, 02:14 PM
What made me happy today ..... Well what I call partial electrocution here at physio. Am all hooked up with electrodes from my neck to lower back, tingles going up and down, heat packs on shoulders and low back..... Just roll me down the street home just as I am. This feels amazing!

needtogetwell
03-07-2014, 02:16 PM
Ha ha, toad in a hole, I like it! With a side of "ants on a log" (celery sticks with peanut butter and raisins on top).

I forgot about "ants on a log" must make me some. Brilliant snack!

needtogetwell
03-07-2014, 02:18 PM
I got my sons school report back today and it made me smile to see how well he is doing. He just started there in September an its nice to see he is settling in really well. (Ants on a log? They are new to me too lol)

Any time your child comes home with a good report is a great thing! Just this year my son came home with his first really good report.

Thank you for sharing.

needtogetwell
03-07-2014, 03:28 PM
I have to add this one....it had me laughing so hard in my mind I thought I was going to pee myself!

A little background first....I work for Walmart. (Ok, no smart ass remarks about that one.) For those in the UK it is called ASDA.

Customers are always an adventure, but you have to be polite even when you want to spit out laughing. A true exercise in tact.

So....I'm working in the cosmetics department and this elderly woman comes up to me and asks me (very seriously I might add) "will this cream help get rid of these lines?" Well I looked up and my jaw hit the floor I have never in my life seen lines on someone like craters! I'm thinking to myself......dear lady, those lines are a lifetime of worry, happiness, tears and joy....maybe 30 or 40 years ago it may have helped.... But really???? Now????

Anyway, I was the good girl and told her she could try, what would it hurt. She wanted to buy the night cream too but I convinced her to go with one and if it's working buy the other. (I hate people who take advantage of the elderly, they often don't have enough money to eat properly let alone dropping $15 on a cream).

So I felt good that she left with her walker happy as a clam.....but inside I was thinking, even a plastic surgeon would have had a tough time with that one.

Is there any limit to the vanity of some women?

Smokewater
03-07-2014, 04:54 PM
Thanks for sharing Smokewater, Chevy Chase movies always make me laugh, especially the Christmas Classic: Christmas Vacation!

The Vacation movies are my eternal favorites. But the one movie that I bow down to is Nothing But Trouble. One of my favorite favorite Chevy Chase movies.

Enduronman
03-07-2014, 05:41 PM
that new let's tell a story game.....:) LMAO!

Dahila
03-07-2014, 06:10 PM

My daughter got them and she looks awesome, you would never say they are artificial, it is mor of the extention of her own. Is this what you got BM?:)
I wish I have eyelashes like my ex hubby long dark and blue eyes, not fair to woman

needtogetwell
03-07-2014, 06:43 PM
My daughter got them and she looks awesome, you would never say they are artificial, it is mor of the extention of her own. Is this what you got BM?:) I wish I have eyelashes like my ex hubby long dark and blue eyes, not fair to woman

Fortunately my son got his fathers amazing lashes...can't stand to look at his dad anymore but at least son got something good from his dad.

So true! Not fair!

bittersweetgirl
03-07-2014, 06:45 PM
The Onion is satire, for those who don't know!

http://www.theonion.com/articles/brief-moment-of-lucidity-called-panic-attack,35473/

BlessedMom
03-07-2014, 07:04 PM
My daughter got them and she looks awesome, you would never say they are artificial, it is mor of the extention of her own. Is this what you got BM?:)
I wish I have eyelashes like my ex hubby long dark and blue eyes, not fair to woman

I have all different kinds, some more bold than others I'm a totally junky if I see a sale on them. But none of them are obnoxiously long and I love the extra umph.

I considered the cosmetic semi permanent ones but I could not sit there and let someone mess with my eyes...........NoooooOOooo way.

BlessedMom
03-07-2014, 07:08 PM

there is a steep learning curve with them for sure, and at first I gave up but then I sat an watched a lot of utube videos on "how to" and kept at it and now its usually not so trying. I can be done within 10 minutes and I think that's pretty good. Bad days....well it can take a long time.

A few things that really make a difference: bend the lashes so they curve like your eye, put the glue on and give a few seconds to get tacky I usually just put it on the back of my had, use a black eyeliner to give you oops room ;) and use tweezers to place them where you want them.

My girlfriend can't do hers so she comes over for me to do them when she uses them, she is a special occasion gal whereas if I'm going to the market I've got them on. My son asked me the other day if I went to the store today and my daughter replied "No, can't you tell...she doesn't have her eyes on" :) I thought that was cute.

BlessedMom
03-07-2014, 07:08 PM
Fortunately my son got his fathers amazing lashes...can't stand to look at his dad anymore but at least son got something good from his dad.

So true! Not fair!

Awww long the boys with loooong lashes, my son has them too I have no idea where they came from though.

BlessedMom
03-07-2014, 07:09 PM

I was just laughing to myself thinking "Why yes, my false lashes give me a false sense of security, I'll take it!" :)

needtogetwell
03-07-2014, 07:25 PM
I was just laughing to myself thinking "Why yes, my false lashes give me a false sense of security, I'll take it!" :)

Cheaper than meds or therapy and definitely more fun!

WeakHeart445
03-07-2014, 07:32 PM
What made me smile, laugh today.....Nothing that stems from anything inside. For the past several years, 6 or 7, I have done more or less the same thing everyday. I have patronized my Alma Mater's library so to make use of their computers. In 2002 after taking a month sabbatical from school, I came back to my degree. Not having a passion for anything other than getting through each day so I could maintain a certain level of comfort. Not expecting anything special happen to me, I actually met a girl who I actually like and to my surprise she liked me. In fact, at one point she let me know that she like me, but I never walked through that door. No! I am not innately shy, but I do have anxiety and that moment it seemed to metastasize through my body. For the next four or five years she made it known to me without verbalizing it and I did nothing. I think the reason for that dates back to my childhood when I had a tough time socially. Even writing this know I can feel the frustration and anger pulsating throughout my body. I am not naïve to think that if I would have asked her out that my life would be different, but once you take a step back it takes two steps to move forward, which is harder. I currently reside with my Mom and Dad who are in their 70's. Living with them is not a choice, but a necessity, I am unemployed. Prior to that I was on unemployment for a year and a half and prior that I was security guard. My last stint of full-time employment didn't do anything for my self-esteem because people would make fun of me behind my back or even in front of me. I was afraid of losing my job so I swallowed the impulse I had to rip their eyes out. Three years later I still get very angry when I think about it. My father, although well intentioned, speaks to me like an abrasive jerk. My mother is not much better. Yes I am in therapy.

needtogetwell
03-07-2014, 07:48 PM
What made me smile, laugh today.....Nothing that stems from anything inside. For the past several years, 6 or 7, I have done more or less the same thing everyday. I have patronized my Alma Mater's library so to make use of their computers. In 2002 after taking a month sabbatical from school, I came back to my degree. Not having a passion for anything other than getting through each day so I could maintain a certain level of comfort. Not expecting anything special happen to me, I actually met a girl who I actually like and to my surprise she liked me. In fact, at one point she let me know that she like me, but I never walked through that door. No! I am not innately shy, but I do have anxiety and that moment it seemed to metastasize through my body. For the next four or five years she made it known to me without verbalizing it and I did nothing. I think the reason for that dates back to my childhood when I had a tough time socially. Even writing this know I can feel the frustration and anger pulsating throughout my body. I am not naïve to think that if I would have asked her out that my life would be different, but once you take a step back it takes two steps to move forward, which is harder. I currently reside with my Mom and Dad who are in their 70's. Living with them is not a choice, but a necessity, I am unemployed. Prior to that I was on unemployment for a year and a half and prior that I was security guard. My last stint of full-time employment didn't do anything for my self-esteem because people would make fun of me behind my back or even in front of me. I was afraid of losing my job so I swallowed the impulse I had to rip their eyes out. Three years later I still get very angry when I think about it. My father, although well intentioned, speaks to me like an abrasive jerk. My mother is not much better. Yes I am in therapy.

WeakHeart, thank you so much for sharing. You may not realize it but in your story you have reasons to be happy. You obviously have loving parents who welcome you back to their home, despite how you feel they speak to you. Parents are notorious for going about things wrong but the love and good intentions to help you are there, even if they go about it the wrong way.

There was a girl who liked you for a long time...you just weren't ready for it. That's ok! Be flattered!

You wrote your thoughts out for a bunch of very caring and helpful people to see! Be proud and happy about that! You have found a good place here!

needtogetwell
03-08-2014, 04:21 PM
What made me happy today?
Lots!

1. Dweeb beat one of her fears! So happy for her!

2. Played in the backyard with the dogs!

3. It wasn't sub zero temps out today! ( 0 Celsius , 32 Fahrenheit )

4. Starting to see my driveway again! Snow and ice melting!

5. A bright sunny day!

6. Chinese take out for dinner!
It's all good!

petrified
03-08-2014, 04:39 PM
Struggling today to find something but I had a wispa bar before and chocolate always makes me smile :-)
Hope everyone has a great day/night :-)

needtogetwell
03-08-2014, 04:41 PM
Struggling today to find something but I had a wispa bar before and chocolate always makes me smile :-) Hope everyone has a great day/night :-)

See, you found something :)

Wispa bar. = smile for you!
Great step! It's going to get easier ....

Applecherry
03-08-2014, 05:18 PM
Playing chase with my dog out in the park this morning, she keeps picking up sticks and wanting me to throw them, she prefers playing chase with sticks rather than her toys.

needtogetwell
03-08-2014, 05:20 PM
Playing chase with my dog out in the park this morning, she keeps picking up sticks and wanting me to throw them, she prefers playing chase with sticks rather than her toys.

See.... Your day had good! Keep it up. You did something about it!

jessed03
03-08-2014, 05:26 PM
1. Eman getting banned
2. Me teasing Eman
3. Everyone believing what I'm saying about Eman
4. Eman coming back
5. Eman seeing all the things I've said about him and calling me a '******' on facebook

Applecherry
03-08-2014, 05:28 PM
^Often one cannot just "do something" about anxiety, that comes with time and the brain healing and processing.. but yes, I do focus on positives of my day quite often, thanks and kiss my ass btw. :)

Enduronman
03-08-2014, 05:36 PM
Man, no wonder you have 0 friends in real life, nor here either..You have the social skills of a household fly..and when I looked up the word beyotch in the dictionary, your petrified mask of a face was right there. And it didn't say that AppleCherry was your name either. It was HopeLess... now, go pop another 300mg of Zoloft and f**k off for the good of the people here in the forums...and I don't give a flying f**k if I get banned for saying this either because I already am banned (for some f**king reason)....YAY!!!

Thank you...AssCherry...

Mr. Enduron Man. xxx :)

needtogetwell
03-08-2014, 05:40 PM
Man, no wonder you have 0 friends in real life, nor here either..You have the social skills of a household fly..and when I looked up the word beyotch in the dictionary, your petrified mask of a face was right there. And it didn't say that AppleCherry was your name either. It was HopeLess... now, go pop another 300mg of Zoloft and f**k off for the good of the people here in the forums...and I don't give a flying f**k if I get banned for saying this either because I already am banned (for some f**king reason)....YAY!!! Thank you...AssCherry... Mr. Enduron Man. xxx :)

My hero!!!!
Amen!

Applecherry
03-08-2014, 05:40 PM
^I hope to god you are banned, along with all your other fucked up alter egos.. I swear to god, I do nothing but mind my own business on here, and you are harassing me 24/7, it never ends.

but I have spoken my bit about this, forwells knows how I feel, so hopefully something will be done eventually. I will let it slide off me for now and quit thinking about it.

Dahila
03-08-2014, 05:41 PM
Man, no wonder you have 0 friends in real life, nor here either..You have the social skills of a household fly..and when I looked up the word beyotch in the dictionary, your petrified mask of a face was right there. And it didn't say that AppleCherry was your name either. It was HopeLess... now, go pop another 300mg of Zoloft and f**k off for the good of the people here in the forums...and I don't give a flying f**k if I get banned for saying this either because I already am banned (for some f**king reason)....YAY!!!

Thank you...AssCherry...

Mr. Enduron Man. xxx :)

I do not feel so alone, thank you Eman ;))) actually the above your post should be reported.............I am an expert at that:))

Dahila
03-08-2014, 05:42 PM
^I hope to god you are banned, along with all your other fucked up alter egos.. I swear to god, I do nothing but mind my own business on here, and you are harassing me 24/7, it never ends.

but I have spoken my bit about this, forwells knows how I feel, so hopefully something will be done eventually. I will let it slide off me for now and quit thinking about it.
Excessive swearing does not feel nice:))))))))))

Enduronman
03-08-2014, 05:44 PM

God isn't going to save you now....

jessed03
03-08-2014, 05:45 PM
Emptied Frankie.

Applecherry
03-08-2014, 06:01 PM
God isn't going to save you now....

You're sick.. and your fake "good guy" act was quite nauseating, nice to see you finally let your true colors show through Jessed, and you don't have to pretend nice anymore under the "e-man" persona.

I'm finished here, you're in a bad mood cause you were caught for being a perv as I understand?? No shock there, you can take your anger out on me and keep trolling me all you want, but it is still not going to make you look any better. Creep.

jessed03
03-08-2014, 06:11 PM
You're sick.. and your fake "good guy" act was quite nauseating, nice to see you finally let your true colors show through Jessed, and you don't have to pretend nice anymore under the "e-man" persona.

I'm finished here, you're in a bad mood cause you were caught for being a perv as I understand?? No shock there, you can take your anger out on me and keep trolling me all you want, but it is still not going to make you look any better. Creep.

Oh, no, Eman just has a technical glitch, can't log on. I was only having some fun whilst he was gone.

petrified
03-09-2014, 12:40 PM
Getting loads of cuddles off my son made me smile today. He's still feeling poorly so we had a duvet and pyjama day with cuddles and movies.

They are very rare now with him growing up so quickly!

needtogetwell
03-09-2014, 12:47 PM
Getting loads of cuddles off my son made me smile today. He's still feeling poorly so we had a duvet and pyjama day with cuddles and movies. They are very rare now with him growing up so quickly!

Ohhhh! I miss those days!!! At 14 it's not cool to cuddle with mom any more, much less be in the same room as mom for more than a couple of minutes. Lol

Lucky lady, you are. Enjoy it while it lasts!

needtogetwell
03-09-2014, 12:50 PM
Left over Chinese food has made me very happy today. Veal Parmesan for dinner, doesn't get much better for me!

petrified
03-09-2014, 12:56 PM
Ohhhh! I miss those days!!! At 14 it's not cool to cuddle with mom any more, much less be in the same room as mom for more than a couple of minutes. Lol

Lucky lady, you are. Enjoy it while it lasts!

I can quite imagine at ten they are a rarity lol they must be very scarce at 14 all that street cred and things to protect hehe!

Thanks and I sure will make the most them, I'm learning not to take the little things in life for granted :-)

needtogetwell
03-09-2014, 12:56 PM
Dahilas new avatar. My kids as they do everyday. Yesterday my son did something small yet it upset me. It was more about my current fragility shall we say than anything really bad. Anyways he ends up blindfolding me, bringing me to my room, and presents me with a flower, a homemade apology card, tidied my room and folded my washing! Oh and my guilty pleasure....a pack of smoky bacon Tayto crisps! A hug too which are hard come by now he's 15 :) Was really nice and thoughtful. Hannah, sorry the young fella is not yet tip top. :(

Such a sweet young man! You have obviously raised him well! :)

Kabukicho
03-09-2014, 01:00 PM
Went to the gym, feeling good!

petrified
03-09-2014, 01:03 PM
Dahilas new avatar. My kids as they do everyday.

Yesterday my son did something small yet it upset me. It was more about my current fragility shall we say than anything really bad.

Anyways he ends up blindfolding me, bringing me to my room, and presents me with a flower, a homemade apology card, tidied my room and folded my washing! Oh and my guilty pleasure....a pack of smoky bacon Tayto crisps! A hug too which are hard come by now he's 15 :)

Was really nice and thoughtful.

Hannah, sorry the young fella is not yet tip top. :(

Dahlias avatar did have me giggling when I logged on too hehe :-)

How sweet does your son sound! He must be a credit to you frankie :-)

Thanks he's getting there!

trinidiva
03-09-2014, 01:12 PM
Getting loads of cuddles off my son made me smile today. He's still feeling poorly so we had a duvet and pyjama day with cuddles and movies.

They are very rare now with him growing up so quickly!

That is sweet....and those types of days are the best too....I try to do movie and jammie nights with my kids at least once a week.

petrified
03-09-2014, 01:18 PM
That is sweet....and those types of days are the best too....I try to do movie and jammie nights with my kids at least once a week.

Thanks trini :-)
That's great about your jammie nights I really must try to do it more :-)
Hope you are having a great day :-)

trinidiva
03-09-2014, 01:28 PM
Thanks trini :-)
That's great about your jammie nights I really must try to do it more :-)

I am having a good day, and feeling very thankful for it.
This daylight savings time and pushing the clocks forward has really thrown me off a bit today.......

Hope you have a great week!!!!

needtogetwell
03-09-2014, 01:33 PM
I am having a good day, and feeling very thankful for it. This daylight savings time and pushing the clocks forward has really thrown me off a bit today....... Hope you have a great week!!!!

You aren't alone feeling off, I will be off kilter for about a week! Now if I sleep tonight better than last night I have a better chance!

Hope your week goes well too, you've already had a productive day!

petrified
03-10-2014, 08:50 AM
I am having a good day, and feeling very thankful for it.
This daylight savings time and pushing the clocks forward has really thrown me off a bit today.......

Hope you have a great week!!!!

Thanks trini, I'm looking forward to our clocks going forward in a couple weeks. I love the lighter nights :-)

Enduronman
03-10-2014, 09:32 AM
My clock already went forward,..hard to adjust too...
What made me smile today?
450mg of Lyrica...I am HIGH!!!!
and just kickin back and listening to some T-Pain...(go ahead and laugh now!!!)....

Have a great day all!!!

Enduronman.... :)

amers85
03-10-2014, 09:40 AM
My clock already went forward,..hard to adjust too...
What made me smile today?
450mg of Lyrica...I am HIGH!!!!
and just kickin back and listening to some T-Pain...(go ahead and laugh now!!!)....

Have a great day all!!!

Enduronman.... :)

What tpain song ;)

Enduronman
03-10-2014, 10:03 AM
What tpain song ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp9BpUYnyu0

Plies and T-Pain!!! Shawty.....LOL!!! :)

Have a great day Amers85!!

E-Man.... :D

amers85
03-10-2014, 10:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp9BpUYnyu0

Plies and T-Pain!!! Shawty.....LOL!!! :)

Have a great day Amers85!!

E-Man.... :D

Good song :)
Glad it wasn't this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiESfkYop4E&feature=youtube_gdata_player

You have a great day too :)

Enduronman
03-10-2014, 10:37 AM
Good song :)
Glad it wasn't this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiESfkYop4E&feature=youtube_gdata_player

You have a great day too :)

I lovvveeee T-Pain his songs are fun, energetic, and the auto tune is badass but I have not heard that one Amers!!..LOL!!! Lemme see, another good Pain song hmmm...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecwhje7Njtc&list=RD02xFkri09EX1I

Lovessss some good ole T!...:)

amers85
03-11-2014, 08:33 AM
http://happyplace.someecards.com/29855/family-hides-from-cat-in-bathroom-calls-911-for-help

This article and video is worth it. Made my day so far

Enduronman
03-11-2014, 08:46 AM
Smile Amy!!!

Have a great day friend!

Enduronman... :)

Enduronman
03-11-2014, 09:03 AM
Wait, I'm not smiling, my "Searching for anything good" post got moved to the mineshaft....be sure to wear your hard hat and take your oxygen masks...LOL!

I'll live...

bla bla.....

E.

amers85
03-11-2014, 09:13 AM
Listen to some good music, you'll be smiling in no time

Enduronman
03-11-2014, 10:51 AM
I'm Pain'ing now.... LOL!!! :)

Enduronman
03-11-2014, 10:54 AM
My hair is blowing in the "bass" winds as I type... LMAO!

needtogetwell
03-11-2014, 11:07 AM
Today I'm happy because....took the day off work , rocky start but feeling ok now. Get to spend the day with DH.

Played "piggy ball" with the dog! Her leaping like a deer always makes me laugh! Hence the name Bambi!

WeakHeart445
03-14-2014, 07:08 PM
I hate my life, I do the same thing everyday. No, I don't want to hear the quote about insanity. My parents are against me taking any psychotropic drugs and if I do they will evict me. What do I do? I am unemployed and have no where else to go. Yes, I could hide them, but that infuriates me that I have hide that from them. In addition, I am not comfortable carry around psych meds even when their in the prescription bottle. My therapist who have been seen for the last few months asked me yesterday to rate the session on a scale of 1 to 10. What does that even mean? Yes, I know what she is asking, but I find that question annoying. Hope is the therapeutic equivalent to death and taxes. It is an unwavering constant and something for therapeutic community to hang their hat on. My parents aren't really interest in how I perceive my problems they want me to see my problems as they do.

tezbag
03-14-2014, 08:08 PM
Today seemed like it was going to be horrid on my own birthday.... Then.... I drove though massive puddles and spent a good hour driving though puddles. That made me happy today.

Dahila
03-14-2014, 08:13 PM
my daughter's report card
:))...................

needtogetwell
03-14-2014, 09:00 PM
My two dogs lying side by side on their backs with their paws in the air. Sound asleep , both of them!

Peace in the house at last,

amers85
03-14-2014, 09:05 PM
My two dogs lying side by side on their backs with their paws in the air. Sound asleep , both of them!

Peace in the house at last,

Lovely!!!! My pups and son are sound asleep as well, time for me time and relax!

Enduronman
03-15-2014, 09:44 AM
Damn sleepy head^^^^!!!!....

I smiled today by posting a stupid picture of Jesse's facebook wall...may post more, it makes me laugh too.....HE HE HE!!!

Have a great day friends!!!..

Endur White Goodman Man... LMAO!!! :)

anxietyslayer
03-15-2014, 11:18 AM
Here I will send you guys a funny story, I am currently selling something on craigslist, and saw another ad for something I really want so I texted the seller and asked if he was willing to trade. Naturally he asked me "what ya got?" and of course me trying to multitask, instead of sending him the picture of the thing i wanted to trade him with, I accidentally sent him a picture of my 10 yo niece! Of course the guys writes back calling me all sorts of names, thinking I was into human trafficking. It was hard to talk my self out of that snafu :-)

Enduronman
03-15-2014, 11:27 AM
I thought you sold real estate bruh!!!... LOL!

Enjoy this day..

E-Man... :)

anxietyslayer
03-15-2014, 01:05 PM
Yeah I was pretty much laughing the whole night with that one E-man lol

Frankiecfc, Im pretty sure if I tell my sister She'd kille me! lol

gungadin09
03-15-2014, 06:10 PM
I was late to an interview, and the guy didn't care.

butterfly82
03-15-2014, 06:36 PM
There an app on the iPhone called mirrors and my kids and I played with it all day long---it makes you look ridiculous and hilarious!

ashy
03-16-2014, 11:11 AM
“Life can be so difficult at times, but fighting through the pain is so worth it. It’s better to feel every kind of emotion than not feel at all.”
:)

needtogetwell
03-16-2014, 12:22 PM
Taking my daughter to Toy R US and getting her some things for a great report card. I LOVE seeing her happy! She made me do all three already today.. happy, smile and laugh :D

Outstanding 13!!!

I'm assuming that your wallet is still in tact!!!

Toys r us can bankrupt the unsuspecting parent!

Great to hear the smile on your face, I can just see it!'

:D

trinidiva
03-16-2014, 02:23 PM
Taking my daughter to Toy R US and getting her some things for a great report card.

I LOVE seeing her happy! She made me do all three already today.. happy, smile and laugh :D

Oh..thats great! I love doing that for my kiddos too..just love to see them happy. I will admit though, the Disney store makes me a little anxious. ....and for sure can break your pockets. Lol.

I have had a great day already......making banana bread with my daughter and just hanging out with my son. All my housework is finished and my parents are closing on a house 10 minutes away from me later this week. Im thrilled about that!!!!! My anxiety is in check for the moment and I celebrate my birthday this week!

Enduronman
03-17-2014, 09:50 AM
My friends thinking of me during some rough times....
The fact that I went to sleep in a chair and dumped coffee all over myself and it woke me up...
The fact that I am still sitting here with wet coffee sweat pants on...
The fact that this pup loves to mess with my daughter now and doesn't bite her (spent an hour teaching him that last night)...

Overall, many things to smile about through this f****** back ache!!!....YAY!!!

Have a great day all!

Enduronman.. :)

needtogetwell
04-17-2014, 03:31 PM
Time to get this rolling again!

What made you happy, smile or laugh today?

For me, my dog made me laugh and cry at the same time... With the snow gone she has found delight in digging in the garden....dog covered in mud happy as a clam, quite a sight. She made me cry when she came for kisses from mom and left 2 muddy paw prints on my new shirt!

petrified
04-17-2014, 03:49 PM
Haha your dog sounds fab pam :-)

For me what made me smile is my son is fitting in great with his new football team and making loads of new friends.
Plus I won 11 Easter eggs in a raffle and chocolate always makes me smile :-)

Great idea to start this thread back up :-)

needtogetwell
04-17-2014, 04:07 PM
Petrified!
Congratulations on your win! That's definitely something to smile about!

petrified
04-18-2014, 07:29 AM
Petrified!
Congratulations on your win! That's definitely something to smile about!

Thank you it sure is :-)

petrified
04-18-2014, 07:32 AM
Lots of things are making me smile today.

1) I slept all night last night

2) I woke up feeling great

3) No anxiety :-D

4) Going for a big family meal tonight and actually looking forward to it

5) The sun is shining

So all in all it's a great day for a change :-)

ganglia
04-19-2014, 09:09 AM
Nothing yet and i don't expect any hapiness soon...

needtogetwell
04-19-2014, 09:16 AM
What made me happy today .....

I don't have to work!

I didn't strangle my dog or cat at 6:30 this morning when they woke me up.

My teenager is in a good mood.

It's a beautiful day!

I feel good despite the pain in my back.

Hoping you all find something in your day to be happy about , no matter how small!

Cheers!
Pam

Dahila
04-19-2014, 10:50 AM
Sending my hubby to buy the fertilizer cart for my garden :))

needtogetwell
04-19-2014, 11:02 AM
Sending my hubby to buy the fertilizer cart for my garden :))

Anything to do with the garden is something to be happy about !!!

Dahila
04-19-2014, 11:05 AM
Yes garden, garden lalala :))) it is perfect tool for anxiety

Yazzy
04-19-2014, 12:21 PM
I'm having a good day :) Going to see my best friends tonight for a few drinks :) fingers crossed i don't get freaked out and want to come home after 5 mins. Fortunately they understand my anxiety, which makes it a whole lot easier :) wish me luck :) x

petrified
04-19-2014, 02:50 PM
So pleased people are finding things to make them smile :-) this thread makes me smile :-D

Pam you sound like you have such a busy, fun filled house reading about it made me lol.

Dahlia I've seen the pics of your garden and it's stunning. It must be lovely having that view all the time :-)

Yazzy hope you have an amazing night and it's great you have such understanding friends :-)

Whats made me smile today?
Well today hasn't been overly good anxiety wise but I braved a trip with the family to see the bikers doing there annual Easter egg run.
There was about 400 bikers there and we took some Easter eggs we won the other night to give to them. All the eggs they get go to children in hospital or those from deprived families. My son had fun waving at them all, getting high fives and getting to sit on a couple of the bikes.

I hope everyone has had an amazing day today :-)

JohnC
04-19-2014, 04:35 PM
Reading all these threads from start to finish made me smile and I see my heirloom onions are up. Seeing the sun ALL day made me happy
Did eman really get banned?

olivia4514
04-19-2014, 04:58 PM
The release of a trailer for one of my fav TV shows made my day yesterday :D Wasn't so exicted in months. I'm still happy because of it today :) :D
it's the little things..

needtogetwell
04-19-2014, 05:48 PM
Reading all these threads from start to finish made me smile and I see my heirloom onions are up. Seeing the sun ALL day made me happy Did eman really get banned?

Hi john,

Glad you smiled reading this thread. That's what it is all about. Finding something in ones day to laugh or smile about can remind us that not everything is bad in the world of anxiety sufferers.

We have many days where the tough stuff outweighs the good, but we must not allow ourselves to wallow in it, easy though it is.

It takes work sometimes to see the good, but even the smallest, silliest thing can be a positive and that can be built upon. This takes practice but is so worth it in the end.

As for your question about Eman,
No he was not banned, he has taken a bit of a break to take care of some things on the home front. But I do know that he is well.

Cheers John!
Pam

JohnC
04-19-2014, 07:13 PM
Thanks Pam, Got myself into slump and can't remember the last time I laughed but you are right a smile is better than my normal anxiety look of distress. Who knows maybe that smile will turn into laughter.
This forum is great and I wish I would of had this 20 years ago. ( maybe there is something to the old saying "misery loves company " I mean that in the nicest way.
Thanks again.

needtogetwell
04-19-2014, 07:23 PM
Thanks Pam, Got myself into slump and can't remember the last time I laughed but you are right a smile is better than my normal anxiety look of distress. Who knows maybe that smile will turn into laughter. This forum is great and I wish I would of had this 20 years ago. ( maybe there is something to the old saying "misery loves company " I mean that in the nicest way. Thanks again.

I too wish there were places like this 20 years ago. It is people like you and I who have been around the anxiety block a time or two who have much to offer those in need. Sometimes even us old dogs can learn something new, or at least be reminded to shift our thinking.

You are a great addition to the forum. Great insights and compassion.

Pam

OmfgJaney
04-19-2014, 07:47 PM
1. A little girl eating spaghetti with her hands at a restaurant. It was cute.
2. A garden decoration of a 'jitterbug' that moves its head and legs.
3 A mini red cactus I bought today who I named Olivia.

Dahila
04-19-2014, 08:12 PM
OM Janey, it is nice to see you,
I can not stop smiling after two hours on bike in the park....I can not move without pain either;)))
Btw my hubby planted garlic on fall in such order it makes me smile all the time;)

needtogetwell
04-20-2014, 08:23 AM
Hi Dahila,

Sounds like you had a nice time riding bikes yesterday. Sorry you are in pain, I know if I tried I would be in agony!

Is your garlic up out of the ground? If it is, that's so great.

Anything I had planted last fall has been dug up by my pup. I'm so mad at her. At least with gardens you can replant and something else beautiful will come up.

I hope your day is a good one.
Pam

Dahila
04-20-2014, 08:26 AM
the garlic is like ten inches already, green and beautiful. yeah I am sore, but better than yesterday. I am looking for ideas, my hubby wants to move alberta spruce to the back. What i am suppose to plant instead of that on the front..................:)

needtogetwell
04-20-2014, 08:38 AM
I guess it depends on how big the Alberta spruce was and what else is in the area.

I have a big ugly rose bush, yes, this one is ugly, that I want to replace. Thinking about hydrangea, what do you think of that type of shrub?

Dahila
04-20-2014, 08:41 AM
I love it, and they are easy to take care of. My hubby killed my 4 years old Hydragea pg, taking to his heart that it likes water. He watered every day, when I was at work and caused the root rot. I keep my fingers crossed that it will survive.

petrified
04-20-2014, 02:23 PM
Today we went to a local park on the river and my hubby and I fed the ducks and swans while my son played in the park (he is too old to feed the ducks now apparently).
We had lovely weather and it was really nice.

I have my 5 year old niece sleeping over tonight and we had to take her Easter egg off her before as she was literally running through my house like a lunatic lol.

All in all it's been a good day :-)

But I really want a big garden now! Getting very jealous of your gardening stories when my garden is the size of a child's shoe box lol. But seriously it's great hearing about them you are very lucky :-)

Hope everyone has enjoyed or is enjoying Easter Sunday :-)

annakatarinas
04-20-2014, 02:41 PM
Clips on Youtube of Koko the gorilla def made me smile and cry a bit.

jessy
04-20-2014, 03:30 PM
Today
Seeing the kids do their Easter Egg hunt made me smile x

JohnC
04-20-2014, 03:47 PM
Seeing my family back home made me smile
Keeping my anxiety to a min. while there made me smile ( on the way home )
Hearing my 8 year old sons version of what he thought I ment when I told him I was over the hill and sliding down the other side. Guess he thought I had an issue going down rather than up.

needtogetwell
04-20-2014, 04:47 PM
John,

Those comments from your son are so priceless. I'm glad to hear that you had a relatively anxiety free day. That makes me happy.

Pam

JohnC
04-20-2014, 06:56 PM
Thanks Pam, If we could only harness all this happiness, what a world we would have.

Dahila
04-20-2014, 08:07 PM
I spend the day with my 8 years old granddaughter and it was glorious day. Looking at the happy face made me very happy. I got some air hugs too, lol

AnxiousPsychGrad
04-21-2014, 12:03 AM
Spending the day with family. :)

JohnC
04-21-2014, 04:53 PM
I made it through a Monday which always makes me smile
I saw my first purple martin, a scout I presume. So i smiled knowing that the rest of my colony will arrive within a week. I will really be smiling when I watch them consuming all those bugs.

needtogetwell
04-21-2014, 05:16 PM
What made me happy today....

By mid day the hormone induced anxiety ride from hell seemed to be over. Yay.

It was sunny and warm, no jackets required.

It's going to rain but that's ok because the residual winter dirt needs to be washed away.

I found a new rake. Broke mine and trying to find one in the stores lately is about as likely as finding hens teeth.

My dog is only chewing her toys and bones.....for the moment.

Thank you to all who add what made you happy today. It makes my day.

meichmann
04-22-2014, 06:29 AM
I smile everyday when i pick up my son from daycare after work. all my stress and anxiety seems to fly out the window when i see him :)

AnxiousPsychGrad
04-22-2014, 11:03 PM
Spending time with friends and a reassuring doctor's visit. Now time for bed and Netflix. :)

johnqaz741
04-24-2014, 01:29 AM
My job and family.

petrified
04-24-2014, 03:58 PM
I had a trip up to my mother in laws right up in the country.
It was lovely and I got to see all the baby lambs on the way up there too.
I really want one now haha :-)

Hope everyone is having a great day today :-)

petrified
04-25-2014, 03:33 PM
Today I contested a parking ticket I received with the hotel I stayed in and it's all sorted as I had a strongly worded phone call with them.
By the end of the phonecall I no longer have a parking ticket and our next stay is free so that cheered me up and made me smile.

I also had a visit from my one year old niece who said my name for the first time. Although it sounded more like nana it was definitely Hannah I tell you lol.

Hope everyone found something to smile about today :-)

Hannah

needtogetwell
04-25-2014, 04:00 PM
That's a fabulous day! Great things! I'm going to remind you of this day at some point if you are having a rough time!

So positive!

GeneAllen
04-25-2014, 04:50 PM
I smiled inside when I thought about the weekend with my woman, and racing. It's good to enjoy something together we both like so much. Who'd of thunk it? LOL

Peace Y'all

PS: good thread Pam. I likes it, and mustard on my biscuits too. :D

needtogetwell
04-25-2014, 05:02 PM
I smiled inside when I thought about the weekend with my woman, and racing. It's good to enjoy something together we both like so much. Who'd of thunk it? LOL Peace Y'all PS: good thread Pam. I likes it, and mustard on my biscuits too. :D

Yum me too.

needtogetwell
04-25-2014, 05:10 PM
What made me happy today

The elderly gentleman who was so grateful I took the time to take him to exactly what he was looking for. The store is so huge now.

Watching someone retire from work happy and healthy enough to enjoy the rest if her life.

The simple joys of a grilled cheese sandwich

MainerMikeBrown
04-25-2014, 05:35 PM
Going out for a walk around one of the villages I live near made me happy today, especially since the weather was nice today.

petrified
04-26-2014, 01:52 PM
Gene hope you have an amazing weekend and I've never had mustard on biscuits before lol. My hubby would love them.

Pam I bet it was really rewarding helping someone find what they needed. I love grilled cheese sandwiches or cheese toasties ;-p

It's great going out for a walk when the weather is fine. It sounded lovely where you went mike :-)

The things that have made me smile today.

I've got my niece overnight tonight who is 5 and watching her and my son lying cuddled up the sofa made me smile.

My husband inspired by Britain's got talent decided to try Irish dancing in the middle of the living room. That definitely made us all laugh and smile.

Hope everyone has been smiling today :-)

JohnC
04-26-2014, 02:16 PM
I was happy that I went out Turkey hunting in my back woods
I smiled when I herd him gobbling
I laughed out loud when I got back home and unloaded my gun and realized I never put a shell in the gun!

petrified
04-27-2014, 02:42 PM
Watching my son and his crew perform their dance on stage.
Bursting with pride watching him dance as always. 3 times uk national champions and representing the uk at Europeans in July. I couldn't be prouder of him at only 10 it's a massive achievement :-)

Plus very little anxiety today too :-)

Hope everyone's had an amazing day too :-)

JohnC
04-27-2014, 03:03 PM
That is so awesome about your son and having very little anxiety is always good.

petrified
04-27-2014, 03:37 PM
Thank you just read it back and it sounds like I'm really bragging but I'm just SO proud lol :-)

JohnC
04-27-2014, 03:43 PM
Petrified, you should be very proud of him and tell everyone you know. It's so awesome!

petrified
04-27-2014, 04:34 PM
Haha I do my son isn't very impressed when I tell anyone who listens lol but I can't help it.
Thanks again :-)

Hannah

needtogetwell
04-27-2014, 04:48 PM
You are a great mom Hannah! That's what we do, we beam about our kids accomplishments!

So happy you had a great day without the anxiety.

Pam

petrified
04-27-2014, 04:55 PM
Thank you pam that means a lot :-)

Hope you had a great day and work went ok for you :-)

needtogetwell
04-27-2014, 05:08 PM
Work went ok, I do however question the wisdom of some of our management team. All six of them don't have half a brain combined.

They neglected to do something which made my weekend in a sentence in hell.

All I can say is they are lucky I was there to show them what they did wrong, because if it stood as it was there would surely have been a mutiny on Monday when the other department managers came in.

So glad it's over and the weather is still nice and I sat out on my back patio surveying all the work ahead of me to get the garden back in order.

petrified
04-27-2014, 05:43 PM
Oh dear they sound like wonderful staff!!

It might make them appreciate you a little more though.

You and dahlia are definitely giving me inspiration to try and do something with my tiny garden. I will have it looking prettier by the time the summer comes lol.

I'm pleased the weather is nice for you. Sunshine always seems to make things better :-)

Dahila
04-27-2014, 06:18 PM
Hannah thank you, I will post the pictures when I get something nice :)) everything is growing even with the frost everyday:)) It made me smile today:)

petrified
04-28-2014, 08:36 AM
Ah brilliant dahlia I look forward to seeing them :-)

JohnC
04-28-2014, 06:57 PM
1322 this made me smile ( hope you can see it ) my first cut this year.

petrified
04-29-2014, 03:02 PM
I can't see the pic :-/
I will have a look on the laptop tomorrow.

Today after a rubbish day i seen a post on Facebook where a local charity was collecting food for the homeless. I took down some crisps, biscuits and cakes down to help out. That made me feel good :-)

Also I would like to say a massive thank you to everyone on here for making me feel better today.
You are all stars and I really appreciate you all helping me get through this :-)

I'm off to bed with my guided meditation app hoping to great night sleep to start my decorating tomorrow.

So what started as a horrible day ended great and positive :-)

Hope everyone's having a good day :-)

petrified
04-30-2014, 03:33 PM
Today has been mostly good yeah :-)

Firstly I slept really well last night.

I made a start on the glossing in my bedroom.

I made it through two hours at my sons footy match, there was a mix up and we had to wait an hour before his game. But I didn't panic and I spoke to people instead of sitting in the car :-)

I've had a couple of wobbles but coped ok with them.

So overall I've done quite a bit of smiling today.
I hope everyone else has too :-)

Hannah

JohnC
04-30-2014, 05:20 PM
My wife thinks I remembered our anniversary but my Mom sent us a card in the mail and it reminded me. Shhhhhhhh, don't tell. But it does make me happy and smile. LOL

Ritch
04-30-2014, 05:22 PM
My wife thinks I remembered our anniversary but my Mom sent us a card in the mail and it reminded me. Shhhhhhhh, don't tell. But it does make me happy and smile. LOL

Sounds like mom saved you from being in the doghouse :)

JohnC
04-30-2014, 05:45 PM
She did and I am still smiling, almost laughing. She will figure it out eventually so I enjoy while I can.

petrified
05-03-2014, 06:41 AM
Haha John I must admit I have to leave subtle hints for my better half haha. Hope you have a lovely anniversary though. Oh I promise not to tell her lol.

Forgot to post yesterday but my dog deciding he would look better with paint all over him made me smile. I now no longer have a black Labrador I have a dog that resembles a zebra now :-)

My five year old niece decided to do her own makeup and my sister sent me a pic of her. She looked gorgeous as always and I must say purple cheeks and pink eyes really suited her :-)

Hope you are all having a good day :-)

JohnC
05-03-2014, 08:43 AM
The best dog I ever had was a black Lab. I cried more for her when she died than any other human funeral that I have ever been to. ( that's sad I know but it's true ). Now I have a German short hair ( bird dog ) and a German Shepard ( house and kid protector, we got robbed two years ago and they got us bad ). They both do not hold a candle to my Lab though.
Hope you and your family are having a good day as well. Hows the redecorate going?

petrified
05-03-2014, 09:33 AM
Hi John labs are lovely my benjie is really old now though he is 11. My hubby and I got got him when we first got together and he has always been great with my son. I'm dreading when he goes :-/.

I'm having a great weekend the decorating is on hold until Tuesday with it being a bank holiday weekend here.
My son didn't have dancing to go to so we took him to footy. He got to play a match the second half of it anyway, as they were losing 3-0. He's a goalkeeper and they lost 3-0 but he didn't let a goal in when he played :-)
He's recently moved teams as his last coach asked him to choose between football and dancing which I don't want him to make that choice at ten year old. He's really happy at his new team and there isn't that pressure there.

Have a great weekend John :-)

needtogetwell
05-03-2014, 09:57 AM
Hey Hannah,

Thought it was a bank holiday for you. I'm really glad your having a good weekend. You have been stringing together a bunch of good days! I think that's fantastic!

I agree with you and John about the Labs, I have a Lab x border collie and she's the best dog ever. The other one, well that's an entirely different story.

Hope the rest of your weekend is great
Pam

petrified
05-03-2014, 03:30 PM
Hi Pam I bet your dog is gorgeous I love labs and collies and cross breeds are normally the most loyal dogs ever. My step mam had a Heinz variety as we call cross breeds hehe. She was so intelligent and lovely she actually got me over my fear of dogs I had as a child. She lived til she was 15 I was gutted my son never got to meet her.

Yeah it's bank holiday here so it's lovely to have an extra day with Luke :-)
Plan for tomorrow is carboot sale followed by footy match and then Sunday lunch.

Hope you are well :-)

Hannah

petrified
05-04-2014, 03:12 PM
The things that have made me smile today

My son got man of the match at football for saving a lot of goals

I bought some new curtains and and a Disney princess picture for our spare room. For when my niece stays over for the princely sum of £1 for both. Definitely a bargain hehe and she will love them.

Spending time with my 2 favourite men in my life :-)

Hope everyone's been smiling :-)

needtogetwell
05-04-2014, 03:40 PM
Sounds like you have had a marvellous day Hannah! Good for you!

And the best part is you have another holiday tomorrow to spend time with your 2 favourite men.

Enjoy!

Dahila
05-04-2014, 04:06 PM
My granddaughter receiving her first Communion and the way she looked and behaved.
Laugh; my ex husband making an ass of himself :))))))))))))

needtogetwell
05-04-2014, 07:01 PM
Dahila,

Isn't it amazing how ex-husbands always find a way to make an ass out of themselves!

I bet you were so proud of your granddaughter today! Sounds like you had a good day!

Dahila
05-04-2014, 08:29 PM
Yeah I have, the only problem was a bit of pretending in the church, eh. I would do anything for her. Sell my soul :)))
It was a good day.
It was in Polish church and in Polish, I almost exploded, I was so proud of her Polish. She was born here, and she knows language cause I keep talking in it to her. :)

petrified
05-05-2014, 03:06 AM
Ah dahlia that's lovely your granddaughter sounds like such an intelligent little girl. I bet you were really proud even sitting in that church.

needtogetwell
05-05-2014, 03:12 AM
Good for you Dahila,

My mom is polish/Ukrainian and she speaks Ukrainian but understands Polish. Strange because my grandmother spoke Ukrainian to my mom and polish to her brothers. Anyway my point is, your granddaughter is lucky you teach her because I never got to learn because my dad didn't understand. I think I missed out.

I got to learn French cause I grew up in Montreal.
:(

tony-
05-06-2014, 07:14 AM
reading this post is my first smile today, as its filled with so much positive energy. i hope that 1 day, i too will get there someday :-)

needtogetwell
05-06-2014, 07:26 AM
reading this post is my first smile today, as its filled with so much positive energy. i hope that 1 day, i too will get there someday :-)

Tony, you will get there, even in our darkest days there is something, no matter how small or insignificant it may seem. When that small thing occurs to you write it down, here of somewhere else. Just start, it helps to see the positive.

tony-
05-06-2014, 07:31 AM
Tony, you will get there, even in our darkest days there is something, no matter how small or insignificant it may seem. When that small thing occurs to you write it down, here of somewhere else. Just start, it helps to see the positive.

Thank you for your encouraging words. i am in a dark place now, and all i want is peace.

petrified
05-06-2014, 07:42 AM
Hi Tony and welcome its great that this thread made you smile :-)

I'm so grateful pam started it as especially in my dark days that's when I need to write something one here. If you look over some of the posts I think one day I only smiled about having a bar of chocolate lol but I found something.

tony-
05-06-2014, 08:39 AM
Hi Tony and welcome its great that this thread made you smile :-)

I'm so grateful pam started it as especially in my dark days that's when I need to write something one here. If you look over some of the posts I think one day I only smiled about having a bar of chocolate lol but I found something.

Im gonna try that, just that today i had some legal news that was ruled very unfairly towards me, and i feel my whole life has just shattered.

Dahila
05-06-2014, 09:17 AM
Good for you Dahila,

My mom is polish/Ukrainian and she speaks Ukrainian but understands Polish. Strange because my grandmother spoke Ukrainian to my mom and polish to her brothers. Anyway my point is, your granddaughter is lucky you teach her because I never got to learn because my dad didn't understand. I think I missed out.

I got to learn French cause I grew up in Montreal.
:(
oh Pam French is such beautiful language:) Ukrainian and Polish belong to the same family of languages and I can understand ukrainian but not everything. Considering that I went to Lwov like 20 times, I am obviously not very talented with languages.
Do you still use your French? It should be easier for you get job in government sites , they require bilingual :) Maybe you should give a try:)

needtogetwell
05-06-2014, 09:30 AM
oh Pam French is such beautiful language:) Ukrainian and Polish belong to the same family of languages and I can understand ukrainian but not everything. Considering that I went to Lwov like 20 times, I am obviously not very talented with languages. Do you still use your French? It should be easier for you get job in government sites , they require bilingual :) Maybe you should give a try:)

Dahila, you mention Lwov, wow, if it is where I think it is, that's where my Grandmother was from. Never thought I would find anyone who even know where it was.

Unfortunately I've been in Ontario for 34 years and my French is quite useless now. I understand better than I speak now.

petrified
05-06-2014, 11:22 AM
Whats made me smile today :-)

I had a phone call today from a family member saying they knew of a job that might interest me. I was asked to pop up and hey presto I'm now a working lady :-)
This is massive for me as I haven't worked in 2 years but I CAN do this and I'm actually looking forward to it and I start tomorrow night :-/

Hope everyone else has been smiling :-)

Dahila
05-06-2014, 11:51 AM
Dahila, you mention Lwov, wow, if it is where I think it is, that's where my Grandmother was from. Never thought I would find anyone who even know where it was.

Unfortunately I've been in Ontario for 34 years and my French is quite useless now. I understand better than I speak now.

Lvov is a beautiful old city, it was kind of having 50;50 Polish-Ukrainians. We even have some famous polish artists on their Lyczakow cemmentary, very old one and extremely beautiful. So much history there. It is beautiful city and beautiful people live there, unfortunately Putin does not let them to be.........so sad what they do to Ukrainian people.
I had 60 km to this city and we often went there for shopping:)) They had a this time Gucci things and sonny electronics in stores, we had not . Right now the situation is different. Poland have everything they do not....sad , sad

petrified
05-07-2014, 04:27 PM
Today, well tonight actually I started my new job I was a little disappointed to be missing my sons second from last footy game but he gave me the full run down on the phone. I'm sure it was a little exaggerated version but it was great to here him so excited about it lol. Plus I get to watch the very last one on Sunday :-)
Anyway my job went amazing I really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to going on Friday again. I'm shattered and in bed as I type this but it felt great to be out there earning again. I was anxious about it but it soon went away :-)

Fourteen14
05-07-2014, 04:36 PM
Excellent news Petrified!

The challenge and excitement of new things is always good to get rid of the crappy thoughts!

What's the job ? :)

petrified
05-07-2014, 05:02 PM
I'm caring for a lovely elderly lady I go make her tea, tidy up, make her supper make sure she gets to bed ok and make sure I've left something for her dinner.
The best part is she is fab and is great company. I used to work in a care home years ago but this is really different :-)

Thanks fourteen

Fourteen14
05-07-2014, 05:07 PM
Sounds like a very satisfying job!

I love elderly people, and they are GREAT at giving you perspective.

And it must be very reassuring for her knowing she is being well looked after.

Congratulations :)

petrified
05-08-2014, 12:40 AM

needtogetwell
05-08-2014, 03:40 AM
Hi Hannah,

So glad your first day went so well. It's a shame you had to miss your sons game but at least you got a good replay. Lol

There really is something so satisfying about working with the elderly. I always feel so good about myself when I have the opportunity to help the elderly customers who come into the store where I work.

Hope you slept well last night, and Friday goes as well as yesterday did!

Have a great day
Pam

needtogetwell
05-08-2014, 03:54 AM
What made me happy yesterday.....

Feeling better after my acupuncture session yesterday and the realization that my anxiety and assorted other crappy feelings are simply hormone based. 49 and hormone imbalance hell, ladies, you know that I mean, if you are somewhere in your 40s or 50's.

This too shall pass.....eventually!

Have a great day all!
Pam

petrified
05-08-2014, 05:05 AM
Hi Pam I'm pleased your acupuncture went well. Do you have it to help with your back?

Hannah

needtogetwell
05-08-2014, 08:09 PM
This post marks my 1000th post since finding this haven.

I have met many, and have found some truly wonderful people whom I am proud to call my friends. Many still post regularly, others pop in from time to time, always a welcome sight.

The long and the short of it is this forum makes me happy. I have gained much wisdom from so many of you, and have hopefully imparted a little bit of wisdom to those in a tough place at the moment.

So here is to you, all who seek, find, and offer what wisdom you have. You make a difference, be sure of that.

So, Cheers! And on to my next 1000 posts.

Pam

butterfly82
05-08-2014, 09:20 PM
Congrats Pam! :)

Today I am happy because my husband took me out to show me his hometown and at least three times I was about to ask him to take us back to his house, but I didn't. I was able to enjoy the beautiful day with my children and husband. We went to a park, watched his brothers softball game, went to eat and I only had to take one Kolonopin. This was a HUGE step for me. I'm usually bound to the house or if we do go out end up back in the car working through a panic attack.

needtogetwell
05-09-2014, 05:42 AM
Wonderful thing to be happy about Butterfly!

Keep building on that success! Baby steps at a time! You will definitely get to where you want to be!

Hoping your day is going well!
Cheers
Pam

Dahila
05-09-2014, 08:11 AM
My beautiful flowers on my rock garden they grow like crazy :)

superchick22684
05-09-2014, 09:12 AM
My "what made you happy" post is a bit delayed as I was too tired to post it last night. I'm scared of flying and heights but I was able to fly yesterday without having too many anxiety issues :D I'm hoping that this means I may have at least lessened my fear of flying if not eliminated it.

petrified
05-09-2014, 10:07 AM
Yeah Pam is in 1000's club! Though to be honest I'm surprised you didn't reach that a while ago as it feels like you have always been in here helping people.
You have helped me a great deal on here and I will be forever grateful for that. I now consider you one of good friends :-)

Butterfly
Your day sounded amazing. You sound like you have a lovely, supportive family. It's great you were able to control your anxiety so well :-)

Dahlia I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures of your garden, it sounds beautiful and I'm sure it's very peaceful and relaxing for you to sit in :-)

Superchick that's great you should be really proud it sounds like a massive achievement for you. That's a massive leap for your anxiety you are well as truly giving your anxiety a massive kick in the back side. Well done you :-)

Hannah

Dahila
05-09-2014, 11:55 AM
Hannah not siting for me, closer to running in circles. In one hour I need to run to work :)) I am happy to have one...

petrified
05-10-2014, 08:56 AM
I bet, you sound very busy dahlia.

Yeah gardens are great my granda had a massive one which he adored and so did I as a child. They can create many happy memories :-)

petrified
05-13-2014, 03:41 AM
Haven't updated for a few days so here goes

Saturday work was great and I even got to laugh a little at Eurovision :-)

Sunday my son played his last game at football they didn't win but the smile on his face because he saved a couple of goals is worth all the cold Sunday mornings. We also visited a car boot sale and I found the perfect curtains for my bedroom when I eventually finish decorating.

Monday my hubby passed his theory test :-). He struggles with reading and writing but he passed it first time so I was over the moon for him :-)
I finished my decorating in my hall way and landing and I must say it looks so much better. I also had a fab night at work :-)

Hope everyone's been smiling :-)

needtogetwell
05-13-2014, 04:01 AM
So glad you have had such terrific days. Much to be happy about!

petrified
05-13-2014, 04:09 AM
Thanks Pam I hope you are well :-)

Your dogs are so funny your video had me laughing this morning :-)

jessy
05-15-2014, 03:26 AM
My boys both won awards for football
Made me smile & feel proud.

needtogetwell
05-15-2014, 03:35 AM
Thanks Pam I hope you are well :-) Your dogs are so funny your video had me laughing this morning :-)

So glad you liked the video. The black and white dog you saw is only home Friday through Sunday . I share custody with my ex. When there is only 1 one of them it is a little easier, but not much. Lol

petrified
05-19-2014, 06:14 AM
So glad you liked the video. The black and white dog you saw is only home Friday through Sunday . I share custody with my ex. When there is only 1 one of them it is a little easier, but not much. Lol

I can imagine they seem very lively lol. I bet it's strange sharing custody though. But I bet the dog enjoys the extra attention lol :-)

needtogetwell
05-19-2014, 06:19 AM
Truth be told Hannah, I had more trouble with shard custody of the dog than I did with the child.

It has taken a while but the dog is now used to the routine, and she gets excited when she is asked if she is ready to go to mums house. Lol.

She certainly does get a lot of attention here, which can be difficult because the other dog is crazy jealous!

petrified
05-19-2014, 07:05 AM
Truth be told Hannah, I had more trouble with shard custody of the dog than I did with the child.

It has taken a while but the dog is now used to the routine, and she gets excited when she is asked if she is ready to go to mums house. Lol.

She certainly does get a lot of attention here, which can be difficult because the other dog is crazy jealous!

Haha dogs are worse than kids lol. It's great you get to see her so often though but I can quite imagine the jealousy and I bet your son loves seeing her on the weekends too :-)

needtogetwell
05-19-2014, 04:35 PM
What made me happy today.....

Got much of my gardens in order, and got the canopy on the gazebo! My back yard haven is taking shape. I'm tired now but it's a good tired!