PDA

View Full Version : "happy light"

amers85
03-05-2014, 09:31 AM
So its day three of my therapy light, and honestly I feel like its working, on top of taking my vitamin d. I was kinda iffy about it when my doctor told me to get one, but I must say its working :)

NixonRulz
03-05-2014, 09:37 AM
This time of year the damn "therapy light" should be the fu*kin sun!

But it will never stop snowing

That is great that it is working since I know you were a little skeptical

I have heard people have a lot of success with them

I used one once and it was a sun lamp though

It made me feel better but it gave me a bad sunburn

amers85
03-05-2014, 09:46 AM
This winter is horrible.....I believe it will never stop snowing LOL. The only con about this is that i wish I could get a tan from it haha. Guess ill have to just wait til summer gets here.

jessed03
03-05-2014, 09:57 AM
Great news Amy :)

How long do you sit under it?

amers85
03-05-2014, 09:58 AM
Says 30-60 mins per day. So I do 30 in the morning and 30 before bed :)

amers85
03-05-2014, 10:23 AM
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002Q2H2JC

That's the one I ordered :)

Its kinda pricey but I really feel like its working or its all in my mind lol, either way it is helping.

amers85
03-14-2014, 03:53 PM
Just wanted to post an update on this.

Since I have been using this twice a day, I have not yet had a panic attack and I seem to be happier. My anxiety levels are not what they felt like before. Either it's me finally accepting that I have this or it's actually helping me. ;)

needtogetwell
03-14-2014, 04:41 PM
Just wanted to post an update on this. Since I have been using this twice a day, I have not yet had a panic attack and I seem to be happier. My anxiety levels are not what they felt like before. Either it's me finally accepting that I have this or it's actually helping me. ;)

So happy to hear that it is helping!!! You sound like you are in a really good place right now!!!

I'm really happy for you! We all deserve to feel as good as you sound!

Sorry about the tan though, I hear you on that one!!!!

Have an outstanding evening!
Pam

anxietycat
03-14-2014, 04:43 PM
Just wanted to post an update on this. Since I have been using this twice a day, I have not yet had a panic attack and I seem to be happier. My anxiety levels are not what they felt like before. Either it's me finally accepting that I have this or it's actually helping me. ;)

I've always wanted to try one of these. I may order one tonight!

anxietysucksbutt
03-14-2014, 06:01 PM

Keep us updated on this! I might order one. I don't usually have time to go outside during daylight anymore, and I wondered if that was making my anxiety worse!

amers85
03-14-2014, 07:24 PM
So happy to hear that it is helping!!! You sound like you are in a really good place right now!!!

I'm really happy for you! We all deserve to feel as good as you sound!

Sorry about the tan though, I hear you on that one!!!!

Have an outstanding evening!
Pam

Thanks , Pam :)

I'm trying to be in a better place right now, I still have some obstacles I need to reach, which I hope I can do in time.

Hope you have a great evening :)

amers85
03-14-2014, 07:25 PM
I've always wanted to try one of these. I may order one tonight!

It was worth the money to me :) it took a few days for me to notice.

amers85
03-14-2014, 07:26 PM
Keep us updated on this! I might order one. I don't usually have time to go outside during daylight anymore, and I wondered if that was making my anxiety worse!

I will!!! I love being outside, just in Michigan, we don't have much sun in the winter time, so that makes it so much worse for me.

anxietysucksbutt
03-14-2014, 08:21 PM
I will!!! I love being outside, just in Michigan, we don't have much sun in the winter time, so that makes it so much worse for me.

Oh yeah definitely! I live in Arizona, so a similar thing happens in the summer!

amers85
04-04-2014, 09:50 PM
Just posting an update on this. I got my Vitamin D blood test back and I was low, so my doctor said to keep up with the light and start taking vitamin d. She said about 1,000 a day for the vitamins. Hoping the vitamins make me feel better and happier and not any negative side effect?

anxietysucksbutt
04-04-2014, 10:12 PM
Just posting an update on this. I got my Vitamin D blood test back and I was low, so my doctor said to keep up with the light and start taking vitamin d. She said about 1,000 a day for the vitamins. Hoping the vitamins make me feel better and happier and not any negative side effect?

Yay, well that's good (in a weird way). Hope it helps!