PDA

View Full Version : Hypnotherapy

Ricky
03-03-2014, 09:00 PM
I was told today that hypnotherapy would get rid of my panic attacks /anxiety… "has anyone tried it?"

chardae
03-03-2014, 09:07 PM
How are you today Ricky??

Ricky
03-03-2014, 09:40 PM
Hello, im not so good right now, very very depressed .. How are you?

chardae
03-03-2014, 09:52 PM
Same here, so hard to wrap my head around the fact that it might get better. Just trying to keep myself busy. Very difficult when I am not motivated to do anything but sleep and cry.

Ricky
03-03-2014, 09:59 PM
I know! All I wanna do is sleep, and im crying off and on! Then my panicking starts up also! Ughhhh I hate it!!!

Niicole Lynne
03-03-2014, 10:09 PM
I know how both of you feel :(
Nighttime is the worst for me
Nighttime anxiety sucks so much
Hard to breathe
Can't sleep
Bad thoughts
It sucks :(
It always happens at night more

chardae
03-03-2014, 10:12 PM
Morning is the worst for me, as soon as I wake up.

Ricky
03-03-2014, 10:20 PM
Night time is also very bad for me! As soon as the sun starts going down, and or it starts getting cold, thats when I start panicking!

Ricky
03-03-2014, 10:21 PM
Niicole or Chardae,
If anyone of you get panick attacks, if so, how bad do they get?

chardae
03-03-2014, 10:35 PM
Pretty bad, hyperventilating. Vomiting. Shakes for half hour or so after. you?

Ricky
03-03-2014, 10:38 PM
I hate to admit it, but mine get so bad that I just want to committ suicide just to make it go away! The worse feeling in my life everytime it hits me. I just want my life back!

whongvj
03-04-2014, 08:49 PM
Guys, I feel for you.. It's not easy and I pray that we all be healed with anxiety/depression.. Let's just hang on and be strong, this is just temporary and we will all get through this.. Here's what I learn and I am really trying my best to apply this..when the negative thought starts, just try to stop it right away and don't feed it..I know it's so easy to say but with constant practice we can make it!!

needtogetwell
03-05-2014, 03:43 AM
I was told today that hypnotherapy would get rid of my panic attacks /anxiety… "has anyone tried it?"

Hi Ricky,

I've been using a hypnotherapy app on my iphone for about a month. I find it does help me somewhat. There are 2 that I use, both by the same guy, one is for anxiety and the other is for panic attacks. As I recall the one for anxiety was free and the one for panic attacks was an in app purchase but was really inexpensive.

The guided relaxation ion the beginning is pretty good to get my body calmed down, then they continue with an exercise to calm the mind, then they move in to the hypnosis portion. Takes about half an hour in total.

Using these every night before I go to sleep is working to get a better night sleep. Sometimes when I feel anxious in the early evening I will use it for a "power nap" and usually feel much better when I get up.

For the life of me I can't remember the name of the app but if you are interested I will gladly look it up. The way I looked at it was , I might as well try it, couldn't feel any worse and it was really a minimal investment in time.

Hope this helps.
Cheers!
Pam