PDA

View Full Version : Facing the fear..

BrookeLynnnn
03-03-2014, 11:01 AM
Has anyone ever sat through a panic attack & let it happen? I for one don't think I've ever fully experienced one. I feel it start happening & I brush it away somehow every time.. I wonder what it's like to sit through it.. Each time I say I will, the attack comes on & I forget & make it go away..

petrified
03-03-2014, 11:07 AM
Hi Brooke yeah I have sat through panic attacks many times!
But for me my attacks get worse if I get up and try and distract them. I have had attacks that have lasted full days and the more I have tried to distract myself the worse I have got.
For me I kinda have to force myself to sit down and ride it out.

BrookeLynnnn
03-03-2014, 11:13 AM
Hi Brooke yeah I have sat through panic attacks many times! But for me my attacks get worse if I get up and try and distract them. I have had attacks that have lasted full days and the more I have tried to distract myself the worse I have got. For me I kinda have to force myself to sit down and ride it out.

I've never been able to do that! I'm thinking of trying it.. Lol

Damaged77
03-03-2014, 11:16 AM
I sat through one with my other half last night that lasted over an hour :(

BrookeLynnnn
03-03-2014, 11:19 AM
I sat through one with my other half last night that lasted over an hour :(

Ugh that's crappy!! :(

petrified
03-03-2014, 11:21 AM
I've never been able to do that! I'm thinking of trying it.. Lol

It might be worth ago! I no mine are very rare now I used to have them all day nearly everyday, now Its about one a month!
Which I am pleased about :-)

BrookeLynnnn
03-03-2014, 11:24 AM
It might be worth ago! I no mine are very rare now I used to have them all day nearly everyday, now Its about one a month! Which I am pleased about :-)

Oh good! I guess I'll see if I'm able to do that once one comes along.

BlessedMom
03-06-2014, 09:27 AM
Has anyone ever sat through a panic attack & let it happen? I for one don't think I've ever fully experienced one. I feel it start happening & I brush it away somehow every time.. I wonder what it's like to sit through it.. Each time I say I will, the attack comes on & I forget & make it go away..

not on purpose, but yes. Worst one ever was at Christmas mass this past year....really awful. REALLY awful.

BrookeLynnnn
03-06-2014, 09:48 AM
not on purpose, but yes. Worst one ever was at Christmas mass this past year....really awful. REALLY awful.

Ugh that is horrible!