PDA

View Full Version : Tonights been rough..

BrookeLynnnn
03-02-2014, 07:54 PM
I keep posting sappy stuff so sorry!

My family doesn't understand my anxiety.. They've been wonderful & loving but they don't get it when it comes to me not wanting to go somewhere.. I'm sorry I can't sit through a huge line at a drive through every night just so my mom can get a yogurt. I use to be able to, not now. & I hate explaining it.. I stuck it out every night since I've been staying here but I can't anymore. One day, I'll be able to.. I just wish they'd bare with me. But then again, how selfish of me to expect anyone to put their life on hold for me?

Ughhhhhh rant over.

Curtis D
03-02-2014, 08:01 PM
nothings to sappy, don't expect them to understand they don't and cant because they don't suffer with it. all you can do is try to explain and if that becomes a problem then bring your problems here there are many people me including that will listen to your rants and try to help. we here are all goin through the same thing as you are . stay strong and be well...

bittersweetgirl
03-02-2014, 08:02 PM

My family doesn't understand my anxiety.. They've been wonderful & loving but they don't get it when it comes to me not wanting to go somewhere.. I'm sorry I can't sit through a huge line at a drive through every night just so my mom can get a yogurt. I use to be able to, not now. & I hate explaining it.. I stuck it out every night since I've been staying here but I can't anymore. One day, I'll be able to.. I just wish they'd bare with me. But then again, how selfish of me to expect anyone to put their life on hold for me?

Ughhhhhh rant over.

It's okay, I'm having a crappy night and keep posting. You're not selfish- you've got anxiety and it's got you (and me) wound up.

Quoting from the book I'm reading (it's about trauma, but relates, I think): "You're not reactive because you're choosing to be a pain to those around you. It's not that you're simply a "drama queen". And it doesn't mean you're irreparably broken or deeply flawed. It just means something is hitting a raw nerve, stimulating something related to the trauma, or your nervous system is permanently wound up, overworked, exhausted, or your immune system compromised".

BrookeLynnnn
nothings to sappy, don't expect them to understand they don't and cant because they don't suffer with it. all you can do is try to explain and if that becomes a problem then bring your problems here there are many people me including that will listen to your rants and try to help. we here are all goin through the same thing as you are . stay strong and be well...

I appreciate that so much! Thank you :)

sapper84

Ughhhhhh rant over.

Being understanding doesn't have to put their lives on hold. Maybe a compromise can be achieved. Find a middle ground. You're not selfish, just concerned

Niicole Lynne
03-02-2014, 08:04 PM
I keep posting sappy stuff so sorry! My family doesn't understand my anxiety.. They've been wonderful & loving but they don't get it when it comes to me not wanting to go somewhere.. I'm sorry I can't sit through a huge line at a drive through every night just so my mom can get a yogurt. I use to be able to, not now. & I hate explaining it.. I stuck it out every night since I've been staying here but I can't anymore. One day, I'll be able to.. I just wish they'd bare with me. But then again, how selfish of me to expect anyone to put their life on hold for me? Ughhhhhh rant over.

I feel the same way
My mom just doesn't understand and thinks it should be easy and that it isn't really anything
I just keep trying to help her understand as frustrating as if is
The good thing is is that they are supportive to a point
And you're not selfish <3

BrookeLynnnn
03-02-2014, 08:05 PM
It's okay, I'm having a crappy night and keep posting. You're not selfish- you've got anxiety and it's got you (and me) wound up. Quoting from the book I'm reading (it's about trauma, but relates, I think): "You're not reactive because you're choosing to be a pain to those around you. It's not that you're simply a "drama queen". And it doesn't mean you're irreparably broken or deeply flawed. It just means something is hitting a raw nerve, stimulating something related to the trauma, or your nervous system is permanently wound up, overworked, exhausted, or your immune system compromised".

I really like that.. Thank you! & looks like were in the same boat having a crappy night! I hope it gets better for you! I think I'll go journal! :)

BrookeLynnnn
03-02-2014, 08:06 PM
Being understanding doesn't have to put their lives on hold. Maybe a compromise can be achieved. Find a middle ground. You're not selfish, just concerned

We compromised.. But after that always happens, I feel so guilty & mean.. Like I'm doing something wrong by asking them to change plans.

bittersweetgirl
03-02-2014, 08:08 PM
Thanks, BrookeLynnnn, and I hope your night gets better too! I'm trying to accept things as they are, right now.

BrookeLynnnn
03-02-2014, 08:09 PM
I feel the same way My mom just doesn't understand and thinks it should be easy and that it isn't really anything I just keep trying to help her understand as frustrating as if is The good thing is is that they are supportive to a point And you're not selfish <3

Yes same here! & you're right, they're supportive.. I guess this whole thing is just crappy for everyone.

BrookeLynnnn
03-02-2014, 08:09 PM
Thanks, BrookeLynnnn, and I hope your night gets better too! I'm trying to accept things as they are, right now.

Thank you! I need to do the same..