PDA

View Full Version : Interesting fact

Niicole Lynne
02-27-2014, 11:38 AM
I posted a few days ago about my fears of death
I spoke with my counsellor yesterday and he said something that made me feel less like I was going crazy and more so like it could just be a developmental flaw
Apparently there is a time between the age of 10 and 12 where children come to terms with their mortality and realize that they are apart of the things that do die one day. We discussed that maybe it wasn't so much a fear but maybe I was developmentally delayed for whatever reason in this aspect and am just now releasing my thoughts of reversibility.
Whether it's true or not it put my mind at ease. I still obviously don't like the thoughts of death and it freaks me out but as I said... I feel less like a failure who is losing her grip

Something to think about :)

BrokenWings001
02-27-2014, 11:44 AM
I posted a few days ago about my fears of death
I spoke with my counsellor yesterday and he said something that made me feel less like I was going crazy and more so like it could just be a developmental flaw
Apparently there is a time between the age of 10 and 12 where children come to terms with their mortality and realize that they are apart of the things that do die one day. We discussed that maybe it wasn't so much a fear but maybe I was developmentally delayed for whatever reason in this aspect and am just now releasing my thoughts of reversibility.
Whether it's true or not it put my mind at ease. I still obviously don't like the thoughts of death and it freaks me out but as I said... I feel less like a failure who is losing her grip

Something to think about :)

Very interesting. Thank you for sharing! :)