PDA

View Full Version : Tap into your true strength

sapper84
02-25-2014, 09:24 PM
I know that we have all been there. Feeling weak, hopeless, like you cant live inside your head another day. When times are tough and you are at your lowest your mind goes into a haze. Imagine you're in a room with one window. The view out that window is of a beautiful sunny spring day; lush trees, green fields and flowers fresh in bloom. Then things turn south, and quickly that window fogs up and you no longer see that beautiful day. You try to clear off that fog but your mind has slown your body down. For some it stops them dead in their tracks. Unable to brighten their world again. I'm hear to tell you that it is possible for everyone to reach deep down and grasp your inner strength, the one that defines us all and shows our true character. This is not something that can be harnessed overnight but once you do, you will have a new lease on life and no longer a victim of your own consciousness. One problem i see is that people like to mystify their problems, like a ghost that cannot be beaten. You need to be able to see your issue in order to conquer it. whether it be by mental visualization or physically writing it down. Then you need to find the source of that problem that causes those feelings. The triggers if you will. once you have gotten that far you have now broken down this ghost into smaller pieces that you can see and beat. One way you can do this is by finding the inverse of these issues or feelings. Attack the problem with its polar opposite. For an issue such as depression, i firmly believe that either first thing in the morning, at night or both write down some positives. i call this "hunting the good stuff." The more you do this, you will soon find yourself filling your day with positive feelings and the hunt will become easier. at that point you wont focus all your thoughts and energy on the negatives in life. This isn't an easy fix but nothing in life that's worth having is ever easy. which brings me to my second point. "Realism without the negative." This can be interpreted in a number of ways. Setting realistic goals, matching the emotion to the problem, and being realistic about the true effect on your life. Sometimes you need to step back, take a deep breath and try to see things from a birds i view. so that way you can get a look at the bigger picture. When you do that, you accomplish an amazing thing. You can now see the real size of your problem and can begin to solve it. This is good for people with anxiety, like myself. When you start to being real, you can take real steps to gain control back of your mind and body. i will post more, i hope this helps. if you guys have any questions or need any one on one advice for specific things. Please do not hesitate to message me. public or private, its all about you and being comfortable.

Anxious Abi
02-25-2014, 09:35 PM
Nice post, thanks for sharing.
One of the things I have trouble with is "Realism without the negative."? Sometimes I find it impossible to see things from a different perspective. I do find writing it down does help, like you say, it's easier to tackle when you can get it out of your mind, unmask the ghost.
Best wishes.

sapper84
02-25-2014, 10:02 PM
Nice post, thanks for sharing.
One of the things I have trouble with is "Realism without the negative."? Sometimes I find it impossible to see things from a different perspective. I do find writing it down does help, like you say, it's easier to tackle when you can get it out of your mind, unmask the ghost.
Best wishes.

Its all a process, but in order to achieve it you need to practice it. You cant make it to the super bowl after one game. You need to train and hone your skills. It takes discipline,and hard work. you have to stick to it and ask yourself how bad do you want it. Just never give up, no matter how bad it seems to get. Don't quit on yourself and all the happiness you could be missing out on.

BrokenWings001
02-25-2014, 10:25 PM
:) Good message