PDA

View Full Version : Is this anxiety?

Moose
02-25-2014, 01:25 PM
I've always been an anxious person. I had anxiety problems as a child to the point I was losing my hair and had other scalp issues. I am now an adult and have been freaking out over my children's health, and now mine. I was perfectly fine last week until I started searching for enlarged lymph nodes on my neck (to the point I caused them to swell and feel tender the following day. I have since left them alone...). I started experiencing mild chest pain (that was probably from my son's carrier and the way I hold him..and me imagining it) the following days, and a random numb spot on the bottom of my foot that comes and goes, along with two toes that occasionally feel cold! I also had a lot of trouble falling asleep last night and kept feeling like I wasn't able to catch my breath every time I dozed off (eventually I did fall asleep and all was fine). Through out all of this I also felt like I couldn't breath properly..

Are these anxiety symptoms, or am I going crazy, or is something else wrong with me? I have a postpartum check up next week and will be asking my Doctor about this too...

I'm freaking myself out over the numb foot/cold toes. :(

Dweeb
02-25-2014, 01:28 PM
They all do sound like anxiety symptoms to me to be honest :)

All i can suggest is go to the doctors and get it checked over and if they give u the all clear then its anxiety causin u problems get some medication for this and u'll be feeling better in no time.

I was constantly worrying about my daughters health and mine

Moose
02-25-2014, 01:31 PM
Thanks for responding. :)

Is a numb spot and cold feeling a common anxiety symptom?

Dweeb
02-25-2014, 01:39 PM
Yeah very much so.

Its mad how many symptoms anxiety can give you

Moose
02-25-2014, 02:10 PM
Yeah very much so.

Its mad how many symptoms anxiety can give you

How weird! I had no idea anxiety had such wide range symptoms.

Dweeb
02-25-2014, 02:20 PM
I was the same perfectly normal

Then boom all these symptoms and turned out to be anxiety but it does get better :)