PDA

View Full Version : Just pretty much lost everything

Tmr789123
02-25-2014, 09:20 AM
Haven't been to work in two weeks. My anxiety has me too afraid to leave my parents house. I'm getting fired from my job and am losing my house. (Had my own place) I don't know what to do. I feel like nothing's getting better and I'm still too afraid of going out. It's like my whole world just came crashing down on me in a blink of an eye and I can't handle it anymore..

Niicole Lynne
02-25-2014, 05:08 PM
Haven't been to work in two weeks. My anxiety has me too afraid to leave my parents house. I'm getting fired from my job and am losing my house. (Had my own place) I don't know what to do. I feel like nothing's getting better and I'm still too afraid of going out. It's like my whole world just came crashing down on me in a blink of an eye and I can't handle it anymore..

I'm sorry to hear this friend
But we are all here for you!

Tmr789123
02-25-2014, 05:18 PM
Yeah I know. I'm here for everyone too. I appreciate the love and support I get here thank you

Kyle Morgan
02-25-2014, 05:27 PM
Yeah I know. I'm here for everyone too. I appreciate the love and support I get here thank you

Man, I'm awfully sorry to hear that, Like Nicole said, we're all here to help and support each other. Things will get better for you!! I hope you get back on track

BrokenWings001
02-25-2014, 05:32 PM

Really sorry to hear that. Hard enough to get a job around my area let alone keep one. I really hope things start looking up for you soon! :)

Fourteen14
02-25-2014, 05:38 PM

Seriously TMR please speak to your doc about meds.

I know I sound like a broken record, but why allow the anxiety to turn your life to crap when it's quite possible it could be managed, certainly in the beginning it may throw you a little, but it may help you start getting back on track.

So many people DO manage to improve (unfortunately success stories are vastly under represented on the forum, due to the fact that they no longer need it, which is a good thing).

But, sometimes when you read so many accounts of people in a bad state/bad reaction to meds etc.... Whilst it's great to support each other through it, there is also the potential that things appear hopeless.

I live in the UK (teeny weeny island) population less than 1/4 of the population of the USA and there are approximately 8 million prescriptions written for anti depressants each year, there are only around 200 or so people regularly post on here and this forum covers most of the globe.

Medication combined with therapy you stand a 3 in 4 chance of significant improvement the odds are much better than you would initially think.

Niicole Lynne
02-25-2014, 05:43 PM
Seriously TMR please speak to your doc about meds. I know I sound like a broken record, but why allow the anxiety turn your life to crap when it's quite possible it could be managed, certainly in the beginning it may throw you a little, but it may help you start getting back on track. So many people DO manage to improve (unfortunately success stories are vastly under represented on the forum, due to the fact that they no longer need it, which is a good thing). But, sometimes when you read so many accounts of people in a bad state/bad reaction to meds etc.... Whilst it's great to support each other through it, there is also the potential that things appear hopeless. I live in the UK (teeny weeny island) population less than 1/4 of the population of the USA and there are approximately 8 million prescriptions written for anti depressants each year, there are only around 200 or so people regularly post on here and this forum covers most of the globe. Medication combined with therapy you stand a 3 in 4 chance of significant improvement the odds are much better than you would initially think.

Well said and I agree!

Fourteen14
02-25-2014, 05:58 PM
We need Frankie aka "Ireland's answer to Beyoncé Knowles to weigh in on here..........Frankie!!!! Put your potatoes down your proof of how people can have successes is required thank you please! :D

Tmr789123
02-25-2014, 06:00 PM
Yeah I'm going to the doctor on Thursday to see about medication and I just got home from my therapist I was out for about three hours or sowent to a coue stores and didn't have much anxiety. I feel great tht I got out n was able to be out so long as I haven't been out for more than a half hour in like two weeks. So I'm thinking about going to work tomorrow. I didn't lose my job yet but I'm really really about to if I can't show up to work either tomorrow or the next day then that's it so I'm am having some confidence I'll be able to do it.

Fourteen14
02-25-2014, 06:06 PM
Yeah I'm going to the doctor on Thursday to see about medication and I just got home from my therapist I was out for about three hours or sowent to a coue stores and didn't have much anxiety. I feel great tht I got out n was able to be out so long as I haven't been out for more than a half hour in like two weeks. So I'm thinking about going to work tomorrow. I didn't lose my job yet but I'm really really about to if I can't show up to work either tomorrow or the next day then that's it so I'm am having some confidence I'll be able to do it.

TMR I am really pleased to hear this!

Even if it feels like you are going to freak out big time, just go into work (even if you freak out there), the likelihood is you will cope better than you think you will.

If you lose your job and things start going wrong it will make everything feel a whole lot worse.

One the biggest areas of supporting people with anxiety/depression is assisting them back into the workplace, it not only provides financial means but it gives a purpose and routine to the day (ok so few people love their job) but it can play a huge role in whether you sink or swim. Already having work in place puts you at an advantage (even if t doesn't feel like it right now).

If ever you need an ear to chew feel free to PM me. (I swear I have nothing to sell) :D

Tmr789123
02-25-2014, 06:25 PM
Haha thank you I appreciate that everyone is supportive and doesn't judge me. To be honest I do love my job I have no problem working and I want to work but I'll feel confident right now but when the time comes i freeze up. But I really am gonna try n just go. Even if I can only work a half day

Lost My Marbles
02-25-2014, 07:05 PM
I am sorry to hear that you are having anxiety problems of such magnitude, but I feel as though I can relate. I was laid off from my job 1 week before this past Christmas, & I myself feel like a failure. My old boss told me that it was nothing that I had done, but it was just lack of work.
I have been drawing unemployment & sitting around the house feeling like I am deteriorating, & I am.
It is hard to get motivated to do anything, as I feel depressed & full of anxiety. I tell myself that I need to push through this point in my life & move on.
Hopefully I can get out walking tomorrow, & try to get my head cleared.
Best to you, I hope that you make it into work tomorrow. Either way I support you, as do others on this site.

Tmr789123
02-25-2014, 07:56 PM
Yeah same here I was thinking about going for a walk or something too just clear my head cuz I really haven't been going out at all

itse134
02-27-2014, 03:29 PM
Hope everything works out for you x