PDA

View Full Version : i dont know weather to stop my medication

lucy88
02-23-2014, 07:23 AM
I take sertraline 50mg and i feel worse since taking it i dont know if its normal to feel worse or not?? I even feel drunk when i wake up in the morning. Help!!!

NixonRulz
02-23-2014, 07:25 AM
Lucy, how long have you been taking it?

Often takes a bit for your body to adjust to it and can sometimes make you feel worse for a short time

Enduronman
02-23-2014, 07:26 AM
How long have you been taking this med Lucy??
And believe it or not, your post have changed for doom and gloom to this med is making me feel weird...
Are you at least feeling better mentally (leave out the drunkeness feelings) ????....

E-Man...:)

Enduronman
02-23-2014, 07:27 AM
Lucy, how long have you been taking it?

Often takes a bit for your body to adjust to it and can sometimes make you feel worse for a short time

`NIXON!!! WUZZZZZUUUUPPPPP!!!...LOL!!!

Have a good day friends...

E-Man... :D

lucy88
02-23-2014, 09:05 AM
About a week and half not really feeling better my anxiety is worse i dont want to stop if its normal ill hold out but i dont know if its the norm to feel more depressed and anxious when taking it at the start

NixonRulz
02-23-2014, 09:13 AM
It is normal, Amy. Not telling you what you should do but if it were me, and I was okay taking medication, i would give it a bit more time.

Once you get through the adjustment period, the meds usually start doing what you hope pretty quickly

Perses
02-23-2014, 10:02 AM
I would try to give it a another 3 weeks. It might well be that what you perceive of as a side-effect of the drug is actually caused by something else unrelated. Or, it might be that the drug is slowly working on stabilizing your brain and so things will feel a little quirky. You've been given the starter dosage for the drug, so your doctor is taking it slow. The question of what feels normal -- think about the times when you don't feel affected by the drug, say, going shopping for groceries, or at work, or having a conversation. Are you constantly feeling weird? Or, not-normal? Are there positive things you can point to? Keep yourself hydrated and remember that it's one of the most prescribed drugs in the world.

Now, if after 4 week you still feel uncomfortable AND you are feeling more depressed, then talk to your doctor.

lucy88
02-24-2014, 10:36 AM
Thanks ill stick it out x

Enduronman
02-24-2014, 05:26 PM
Hang in there Lucy!!! And keep us updated too friend...

E-Man.. :)

Kyle Morgan
02-24-2014, 06:41 PM
I was in a similar situation, I was taking 20mg of fluoxetine for a few weeks but I thought that it was making me worse. Different medication affects us in different ways. I would suggest trying another week because you might still be just getting used to it. It could be the side effects

Fourteen14
02-24-2014, 06:51 PM
I was in a similar situation, I was taking 20mg of fluoxetine for a few weeks but I thought that it was making me worse. Different medication affects us in different ways. I would suggest trying another week because you might still be just getting used to it. It could be the side effects

Kyle the fluoxetine can often make you feel worse for the first few weeks, it needs to build in your system for around 6 weeks before you start to see the effects.

You may want to talk to your GP about giving it another go?

Kyle Morgan
02-24-2014, 06:55 PM
Kyle the fluoxetine can often make you feel worse for the first few weeks, it needs to build in your system for around 6 weeks before you start to see the effects.

You may want to talk to your GP about giving it another go?

I started taking them halfway through November and gave up early January because I was just feeling suicidal, and came pretty close to doing it a number of times, that's why I think I didn't benefit from them a lot.

Fourteen14
02-24-2014, 06:58 PM
I started taking them halfway through November and gave up early January because I was just feeling suicidal, and came pretty close to doing it a number of times, that's why I think I didn't benefit from them a lot.

Fair enough Kyle, it sounded from your post like it was a few weeks.

Kyle Morgan
02-24-2014, 06:59 PM
Fair enough Kyle, it sounded from your post like it was a few weeks.

Yeah sorry about that, I had to think haha, it seems like it's been a while since I've taken them