PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant with health anxiety

autumnbee123
02-16-2014, 03:54 AM
I'm 13 weeks pregnant and having servers health anxiety about my heart. I'm so scared it's going to stop any second. I feel really weak. I puked everyday for a month and a half and I'm just getting over that. Could my chronic weakness and tiredness be from puking so much? Anyways, my heart feels weak and feels like it stops at some points. I wake up atleast 5 times a night and I'm not sure why.

Urban
02-16-2014, 04:24 AM
When I was first pregnant, (this time 18 years ago!) someone said something quite silly to me, and I then developed a health anxiety which stayed with me throughout the pregnancy. So first I just want to say, "I hear you".

The weakness and tiredness are very normal symptoms for your first trimester, especially if you were so sick to begin with.

Why do you think your heart is going to stop? Can you find the source of this concern?

onebreathatatime
02-16-2014, 05:14 AM
I'm 13 weeks pregnant and having servers health anxiety about my heart. I'm so scared it's going to stop any second. I feel really weak. I puked everyday for a month and a half and I'm just getting over that. Could my chronic weakness and tiredness be from puking so much? Anyways, my heart feels weak and feels like it stops at some points. I wake up atleast 5 times a night and I'm not sure why.

I can relate.. I am 15 weeks pregnant and have been having episodes of really bad ectopic heart beats. I have a terrible time trying to fall asleep and even just going about my normal day as I am always thinking my heart is going to just give out on me. I have an appointment with a cardiologist but not until Feb.25. I never had any vomiting in the first trimester but I do have extreme fatigue.. always feel tired. I have been told it's all normal and I would think that throwing up definitely would make you feel weak. They say the second trimester is when you start to feel better and you are there, so hopefully it will start looking brighter for you! :)

Terre Nova
02-16-2014, 05:45 AM

They have approved Zoloft for pregnant women ..
I have dealt with severe panic since my last son was born..
I suggest speaking with your OBGYN, about it ...
Best wishes <3

trinidiva
02-16-2014, 05:49 AM
They have approved Zoloft for pregnant women ..
I have dealt with severe panic since my last son was born..
I suggest speaking with your OBGYN, about it ...
Best wishes <3

Really? I didnt know that. Just Zoloft, or other SSRI s too?

Dweeb
02-16-2014, 07:01 AM
Im 10 weeks pregnant and i fear the same thing :( got a bad fear of blood clots at the moment and keep getting tightness in my chest :(