PDA

View Full Version : Finally saw the Doc...

El Lukio
02-11-2014, 01:12 PM
Those of you who know me know I'm mortally terrified of the doctor but tonight I plucked up the courage and went to see him.

I poured out my issues to him and he was very understanding and from how I explained I was feeling concluded that it is GAD with underlying depression. He's prescribed me Lustral (Sertraline) 50mg one a day. It takes two weeks before I'll feel anything from it but he said he'll give me diazepam if I need it as a backstop in the meantime.

I feel better for going and offloading to him. I see this as a step in the right direction towards gaining my life back.

Is anyone else taking Lustral? Any nasty side effects I need to know about?

Thanks guys x

GeneAllen
02-11-2014, 01:15 PM
Nope take them and welcome to the road to recovery. Celebrate! Very good El Lukio. Good to hear it man. I know it was hard, but you did something, and so many don't brother they just talk talk talk, being miserable makes some very happy. I'm all about them being happy too. Peace

Enduronman
02-11-2014, 01:17 PM
WOW!!
I love this posts!!!
Yes, that stuff is the bomb bruh!! (in a good way, many success stories here)
And, if he offered valium, take him up on it!!!!
Side effects=more energy!!! YAY!!!

E-Man..:)

El Lukio
02-11-2014, 01:21 PM
Thanks guys...I did also mention the support I was getting form this forum as well. It is also helping me on the right tracks :)

Enduronman
02-11-2014, 02:01 PM
Yes ^^^ a good Doc especially being offered Valium in the UK on the first visit....usually takes like 273 visits!!! (Docs don't prescribe benzos much over there).....:)

em1
02-11-2014, 02:03 PM
I'm on 50mg of setraline and it's been amazing for me :) good luck

JoeCool
02-11-2014, 09:48 PM
Good to hear El Lukio! I hope it kicks in sooner than two weeks. We, you, all us of deserve peace and happiness...

El Lukio
02-12-2014, 12:19 AM
Appreciate the support guys.

I was saying to Fouteen14 in a PM that since I've been on here, my mood has most definitely improved. The amazing support I've got from, in reality, a bunch of Internet strangers is truly outstanding. I thought I was alone and had no where to turn but coming on here has made me realise that there are so many of us going through this.

Hell, I can offload things on here that I could never do to anyone in person. And for that, I am eternally grateful.

To all who have offered support, advice and a shoulder to lean on - I am indebted to you more than you'll ever know and I hope that one day I can return the favour.

Peace and love brothers and sisters x

Enduronman
02-12-2014, 08:26 AM
Appreciate the support guys.

I was saying to Fouteen14 in a PM that since I've been on here, my mood has most definitely improved. The amazing support I've got from, in reality, a bunch of Internet strangers is truly outstanding. I thought I was alone and had no where to turn but coming on here has made me realise that there are so many of us going through this.

Hell, I can offload things on here that I could never do to anyone in person. And for that, I am eternally grateful.

To all who have offered support, advice and a shoulder to lean on - I am indebted to you more than you'll ever know and I hope that one day I can return the favour.

Peace and love brothers and sisters x

You're very welcome and don't worry about favors, it's why we're all on here..
Brought a friggin tear to my eye bro....
We're ALL here when you need us man....

E-Man.. :D