PDA

View Full Version : A positive day

cara85
02-04-2014, 12:17 PM
Hi everyone, I just wanted to share some good stuff. Today was my first day back at university. I leave my house at 8:15am and Return at 6pm. I have to travel 35 miles on the motorway to get there. I had a good day and completed it without any think bad happening. As we all know, us anxiety sufferers tend to over think and imagine the worst.
I just want to show that although you think and worry and work yourself up about things, it is possible to still push yourself to do it and have a good day in the end.
I'm feeling proud of myself as I was thinking about dropping out. I hope no one thinks I'm being nasty or insensitive in any way. I just wanted to share a little success of mine.
Cara x

Ashlee13x
02-04-2014, 12:25 PM
Well done!! That's such a good achievement!! You can do anything you put your mind to!! You should feel really proud of yourself! Everyone liked to hear good stories!! No-one will ever think your being nasty!!! I hope there are a lot more success posts to come!! :) x

cara85
02-04-2014, 12:28 PM
Thank you Ashlee. That means a lot. It was a big step for me x

NixonRulz
02-04-2014, 12:42 PM
Hi everyone, I just wanted to share some good stuff. Today was my first day back at university. I leave my house at 8:15am and Return at 6pm. I have to travel 35 miles on the motorway to get there. I had a good day and completed it without any think bad happening. As we all know, us anxiety sufferers tend to over think and imagine the worst.
I just want to show that although you think and worry and work yourself up about things, it is possible to still push yourself to do it and have a good day in the end.
I'm feeling proud of myself as I was thinking about dropping out. I hope no one thinks I'm being nasty or insensitive in any way. I just wanted to share a little success of mine.
Cara x

hey Cara - been a bit since I've sen you

No one will take that as insensitive

That is one of thing we fail often at, celebrate the victories

We will go on and on about the bad things but just mention something good in passing

We need more threads such as yours

You should be proud of yourself

Just another step closer

cara85
02-04-2014, 12:51 PM
hey Cara - been a bit since I've sen you No one will take that as insensitive That is one of thing we fail often at, celebrate the victories We will go on and on about the bad things but just mention something good in passing We need more threads such as yours You should be proud of yourself Just another step closer

Cheers Nixon. :). I've been on just kinda in the background. Reading everyone's posts. After today though I wanted to share. :)
Hope your well and smiling often :)

El Lukio
02-04-2014, 12:58 PM
Knowing that someone has had a good day is positive for us all. It shows they do exist and will come to us all from time to time and hopefully more often than not.

Thanks for sharing and long may it continue for you!

jessed03
02-04-2014, 01:18 PM
Good stuff Cara! Celebrate that good day, let all the other good days know that there's a party waiting for them when they come. They'll rush along!

Your spa day looked fun btw. Looked relaxing!

Cimi
02-04-2014, 01:29 PM
keep up the good work.i had an awful morning but i kept my chin up and i feel great now.it is easier when you show strength and you feel better afterwards.

cara85
02-04-2014, 02:38 PM
Knowing that someone has had a good day is positive for us all. It shows they do exist and will come to us all from time to time and hopefully more often than not. Thanks for sharing and long may it continue for you!

Thank you El Lukio. I hope it continues too :)

cara85
02-04-2014, 02:39 PM
Good stuff Cara! Celebrate that good day, let all the other good days know that there's a party waiting for them when they come. They'll rush along! Your spa day looked fun btw. Looked relaxing!

I celebrated. Had a big smile inside :) and one on the outside. I have one now whilst writing lol.
My spa day was great. I was worrying about that for ages too. Once again it went great and felt good. :)

cara85
02-04-2014, 02:42 PM
keep up the good work.i had an awful morning but i kept my chin up and i feel great now.it is easier when you show strength and you feel better afterwards.

Thank you Cimi. I'm sorry your day started bad but I'm glad it turned out well. My anxiety is always worse in the mornings so I know how hard it is to push in and keep your chin up but I also know that it's great when it does turn around. :). Sometimes I think just having a smile in the outside, even if we are bubbling with anxiety on the inside can perk us up.