PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms

itse134
02-04-2014, 06:35 AM
Does anyone else get the same physical symptoms all day everyday? I keep getting chest and arm pain (weakness) day after day which I've had months on end now. Chest pain just random and sometimes when I breathe in mainly left side sometimes in centre and right. Nothing seems to relieve it (been to physio) and I never feel anxious either when I have it but doctors are always pinning it down to anxiety.. anyone have similar symptoms to me?

JoeCool
02-04-2014, 06:40 AM
Yes! If its not one thing it's another, itse! Those of us with health related anxiety go through a vicious cycle of anxiety that many times perpetuates itself solely based on how we feel. We tend to be hypersensitive to aches, pains, or other and our OCD keeps us obsessing the worst. Ughhh.

JoeCool
02-04-2014, 06:41 AM
You're not alone in this...

itse134
02-04-2014, 06:48 AM
Thanks. But it makes you wonder all sorts when you never really feel anxious. That's the worst thing, trying to believe it's anxiety! :(

JoeCool
02-04-2014, 07:31 AM
Thanks. But it makes you wonder all sorts when you never really feel anxious. That's the worst thing, trying to believe it's anxiety! :(
Have you suffered from anxiety before? Or been diagnosed with GAD?

itse134
02-04-2014, 08:01 AM
Yes doctors sad it's GAD but it's hard to believe wen I feel ok in myself except these symptoms

NixonRulz
02-04-2014, 08:43 AM

Just because you don't feel the extra energy that Anxiety tends to bless you with, doesn't necessarily mean that you are not feeling the symptoms

When I was in some of my worst times, I could be calm but still had that burning in my stomach and heart palpitations

And it was usually that I was just thinking about my symptoms, although I wasn't feeling any excess energy

It was a constant barrage of symptoms with me, with or without all of the panicky feelings