PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on buspar or prozac+buspar?

serendipity34
02-03-2014, 09:52 AM
I'm currently on Prozac and have been before. It's helped some, now and in the past, but the side effects are pretty ridiculous. Not sure if it's worth it. Anyway, I tried Buspar briefly, while on Prozac, and that hyped me up- which was sort of weird. So I didn't stay on it that long, and perhaps I didn't give it a fair chance. Have you guys had better luck with buspar? I may try it again.

kris123
02-03-2014, 05:29 PM
I'm currently on Prozac and have been before. It's helped some, now and in the past, but the side effects are pretty ridiculous. Not sure if it's worth it. Anyway, I tried Buspar briefly, while on Prozac, and that hyped me up- which was sort of weird. So I didn't stay on it that long, and perhaps I didn't give it a fair chance. Have you guys had better luck with buspar? I may try it again.
Hi.
I feel like I'm one of the few to have anything positive to say about Buspar. I'm taking it now, 5mg in the morning and 10mg at night. I've been taking it for 12 days now and the improvement in my mood, appetite, outlook on things has been significant. Im also taking Zoloft and only started that drug 6 days ago. I saw improvements almost immediately after starting the Zoloft so I'm more inclined to think the improvements are related to the buspar. This is my second time taking buspar and I had positive results with it last time as well. I know it's not for everyone but I certainly think it a good drug. I feel like I'm finally getting my life back on track. I think you should give it a fair shot and see what happens. Good luck:)