PDA

View Full Version : severe health anxiety . started on meds

rhan86
02-03-2014, 08:55 AM
My stomach issues are leading me to worry I have cancer. I have had a CT scan, blood work and x-ray come back normal. I have an abdominal ultrasound in a few days then an upper gi...What scares me the most is now I dont have an appetite. Well Im hungry but food is of no interest to me at all. I cant stomach it and feel full quickly...Docs say it sounds like Ibs....So hard for me to believe its IBS...Could my anxiety be causing a problem with my appetite? Oh and the appetite problems were before starting meds but I'm on Celexa now and appetite is so much worse..

stp4779
02-03-2014, 09:29 AM
Anxiety and loss of appetite are mutually exclusive in my experience! When I'm experiencing anxiety, I drop weight like crazy because it's sooooo difficult to force myself to eat. I feel pretty confident, based on your description, that anxiety is the culprit behind your loss of appetite. I've never been on Celexa, but it's possible that that is contributing too. A lot of meds make you feel worse before they make you feel better.

rhan86
02-03-2014, 10:30 AM
Thank you guys. Wish these comments made me feel better. :( I think I will feel better after a few more tests..hopefully..This is my worst anxiety episode ever. Mostly because I dont want to eat and that scares me so bad.. I love food usually.