PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol

mikecole114
01-31-2014, 12:13 PM
So I'm on anti depressents and I can't figure out why I can't have a fun night out when I'm drinking I become reclusive and just want to be alone I spend most the time in the club hiding from my friends and I don't know why.
Like I'm not doing it in a harsh way I just like feel uncomtfable and anxious dancing and so I will take off my own and then when I spend time alone like this I get in a low mood and then the nights ruined every time. But I don't have the self confidence or energy to have fun. I don't even want to go out but it's only because if I'm not out with my flat mates I will be at home alone and so much worse off.

Can anyone eles relate to this ???

Sorry if you adults on here think I'm being dramatic but I'm using this as an example of why I can't seem to enjoy myself at all.

Enduronman
01-31-2014, 01:45 PM
Alcohol=depressant....
Try drinking some soda's instead and hang with the others. (who cares if they razz you about it, you're just experimenting for now)..
Booze and depression are a nasty mix bruh..IMHO.

E-Man..

StaceyK
02-03-2014, 04:09 AM
So I'm on anti depressents and I can't figure out why I can't have a fun night out when I'm drinking I become reclusive and just want to be alone I spend most the time in the club hiding from my friends and I don't know why. Like I'm not doing it in a harsh way I just like feel uncomtfable and anxious dancing and so I will take off my own and then when I spend time alone like this I get in a low mood and then the nights ruined every time. But I don't have the self confidence or energy to have fun. I don't even want to go out but it's only because if I'm not out with my flat mates I will be at home alone and so much worse off. Can anyone eles relate to this ??? Sorry if you adults on here think I'm being dramatic but I'm using this as an example of why I can't seem to enjoy myself at all.

Alcohol May at times make you temporary relaxed, but all in all, it's a depressant. So it will either make you depressed and/or anxious whilst drinking or it will hit you when hungover.

I'm 32, and from the age of 17 alcohol was a massive part of my weekends after a busy week . However in the last 6 months I've had no more than the odd glass of wine as the next day (if I drink quite a lot) my anxiety and depression is through the roof. If I were you I would stay away from it until you are over what you are going through.

Also, if you are on anti depressants drinking will stop them from working. Or clash.