PDA

View Full Version : always feel drunk

lucy88
01-31-2014, 09:26 AM
Always happens when i go out and even worse when its cold but i feel like im abit drunk!

AliasEQ
01-31-2014, 09:57 AM
Derealisation/Depersonalization maybe?

El Lukio
01-31-2014, 10:06 AM

Good call Alias. Sounds like it...I think we've all had it from time to time and describing it as feeling drunk is spot on.

El Lukio
01-31-2014, 10:08 AM
It can be weird tho.

lucy88
01-31-2014, 10:11 AM
I feel like im walking all over the place its horrible and the cold makes it worse. I try going out and take my mind of anxiety but i get this not every day thou. I just wanna feel normal!

El Lukio
01-31-2014, 10:17 AM
I feel like im walking all over the place its horrible and the cold makes it worse. I try going out and take my mind of anxiety but i get this not every day thou. I just wanna feel normal!

I know Lucy. It takes over your life in so many ways. We all just want to feel normal but for some of us 'normal' will never be what we were before. We have to alter to a new normal.

NixonRulz
01-31-2014, 11:50 AM
Always happens when i go out and even worse when its cold but i feel like im abit drunk!

I want what you have

leetbulldog
02-01-2014, 01:56 AM

Yes this feeling is horrible!!
I feel like a walking zombie!! :/
Just a nasty feeling that takes over your body..

JLBnole68
02-01-2014, 02:13 AM
I've experienced this a few times. Luckily, not very frequently. It isn't pleasant. At all.

rhar
02-01-2014, 02:23 AM
I've had this ALL day today.

Feels like I can't walk in a straight line but I can. Feels like my vision doesn't match when I move my head etc. and yep feel drunk and it always makes me panic bc I'm so scared I have a brain tumor or something!!!

rhar
02-01-2014, 02:35 AM
Rhar I know that we have spoke before . That you don't want to take meds because you want a kid but this is not going to fix itself and more so because your fear is feeding it . Please consider the meds , as they may help and then you can move on and stress yourself a different way by chasing a kid ( the fun begins then) I have started drugs and it is still here but at moments it is gone .

Thanks forwells, I'm still going to try and battle it out. I already have a 4 year old so I don't want to start taking meds now. Just personal choice. However, when I see my fertility spec next week I am going to ask if there is anything that she can prescribe that is safe to take when pregnant. :)
Why is it just so hard to convince yourself that everytime you feel like that nothing has happened. Just so dang frustrating!!!

Thanks for your reply forwells :)

rhar
02-01-2014, 02:51 AM
Bloody brain chemical gremlins 👽👽👽👽

lucy88
02-01-2014, 06:11 AM
Its bad when im doing the school run and feel like it i hopevi dont walk like a drunk

AliasEQ
02-01-2014, 06:59 AM
Try to distract yourself because when you think of it, the only thing you're doing is feeding it. I started to enjoy that feeling and guess what? It went away. Don't worry too much, it'll soon fade away :)

PanicPhobia
02-01-2014, 10:28 AM
Good call Alias. Sounds like it...I think we've all had it from time to time and describing it as feeling drunk is spot on.

I would say my body feels "drunk" but my mind doesn't. I would describe it as more of a "high" like one would get smoking weed. In fact, my first panic attack came after smoking weed as a teen and I have suffered ever since. Moral of the story: stay away from drugs, kids!

I would also like to add that I become uncoordinated when I have a panic attack. Whenever I walk I feel I must hold onto the walls or a rail or whatever is nearby. But at the same time, I do have total control over my body if I "want" to. It's more of a sensation that makes me feel I must find "security" somehow.

BTW, Lukio, you bear an uncanny resemblance to a friend of mine here in the states.

AliasEQ
02-01-2014, 11:16 AM
I would say my body feels "drunk" but my mind doesn't. I would describe it as more of a "high" like one would get smoking weed. In fact, my first panic attack came after smoking weed as a teen and I have suffered ever since. Moral of the story: stay away from drugs, kids!

I would also like to add that I become uncoordinated when I have a panic attack. Whenever I walk I feel I must hold onto the walls or a rail or whatever is nearby. But at the same time, I do have total control over my body if I "want" to. It's more of a sensation that makes me feel I must find "security" somehow.

BTW, Lukio, you bear an uncanny resemblance to a friend of mine here in the states.

I got mine by smoking "mary jane" too. If you've never been high, you'd describe it as drunk. It could also be different for every individual. Some may feel high and others may feel as if they're drunk.

MikeG
11-18-2015, 05:08 PM
Does anyone else get this? It's been coming and going for me since June this year. I'll be in work all day and when I keep busy I don't notice it as much but when I am walking home or if i'm having a conversation with someone, I feel like i'm off balance and a bit spacey like it isn't real. The only way I can describe it is like feeling drunk as my vision is a bit "wobbly" too. Once I get home and i'm comfortable with my surroundings I start to forget about it. It's really starting to annoy me. I have went to the doc several times and was diagnosed with GAD. I have been given EKG, MRI, blood tests etc all came back normal. I don't know what to do anymore. I have learned to "deal" with it, but I am scared I am never going to feel the way I did again before this all started. I feel like I have some underlying undiagnosed illness.