PDA

View Full Version : Didnt realise a depression forum was here

chellebooka
01-27-2014, 09:16 AM
I wasn't aware that I could talk to people about my depression on here it is good to know

Having GAD and depression makes it hard sometimes

I've just had to quit my job because I couldn't take the travelling anymore

Sometimes I don't know what's worse the anxiety or the depression. I'm fed up of being on meds. I'm addicted to them .

I have no zopiclone left so now I'm increasing my Quetiapine to help but I'm back in that cycle
Again. I'm recovering from drug addiction and I seem to be replacing one with another

I know my feelings aren't helped by the issue of my dad being terminally ill and hasn't got long left.
It's been hard to function this last week I at Least went to a job interview even that was difficult as I just wanted to walk out half way through

How can I stop being so tired . Need to give up smoking as it worries me about my health. I have no motivation at the Minute and don't know what to do :(

Scdg17
01-27-2014, 11:01 AM
I have a lot of similarities. GAD, depression, recovering addict, smoking, just lost my job and can't imagine getting another job in my current state.
To increase my energy I've been taking B vitamins and forcing myself to at least stretch everyday. I also force myself to go on a long walk at least once a week. It gives me energy and is a manageable way to get out of the house without feeling trapped (which fuels my anxiety.)
Best of luck to you in your dark times. We're all in this together.

chellebooka
01-27-2014, 12:39 PM
Thank u for your response

It's comforting to know that other people are going through the same thing and I'm not alone.

I will have a go at what you have advised

I shall try to keep positive xx

StaceyK
02-03-2014, 04:24 AM
I wasn't aware that I could talk to people about my depression on here it is good to know Having GAD and depression makes it hard sometimes I've just had to quit my job because I couldn't take the travelling anymore Sometimes I don't know what's worse the anxiety or the depression. I'm fed up of being on meds. I'm addicted to them . I have no zopiclone left so now I'm increasing my Quetiapine to help but I'm back in that cycle Again. I'm recovering from drug addiction and I seem to be replacing one with another I know my feelings aren't helped by the issue of my dad being terminally ill and hasn't got long left. It's been hard to function this last week I at Least went to a job interview even that was difficult as I just wanted to walk out half way through How can I stop being so tired . Need to give up smoking as it worries me about my health. I have no motivation at the Minute and don't know what to do :(

Hi, I can relate to Much of your posting. My grandmother (who I was real close to) died of a terminal illness in aug and the grief combined with high work stress led to a break down. I've been off work in the job I've been in since oct and I can't face going back. I will be likely to quit soon. My gran dying triggered health anxiety in me aswell as depression which makes me think i am dying if cancer - it something. It's horrible.

I has real bad tiredness too, but it wears off the more you relax. Mines too ages to get better. I still get tired but not as much. You should give up smoking as it will give a sense of achievement that you are doing don't high positive for your Heath :) but take up something like yoga or meditation too.

Regarding work, I'm nowhere near ready to even start a new job, it's makes me so anxious ! I'm just going to hold off and will even go on benefits temp as I don't want to risk making myself worse if I'm not ready to work yet.

StaceyK
02-03-2014, 04:24 AM
I wasn't aware that I could talk to people about my depression on here it is good to know Having GAD and depression makes it hard sometimes I've just had to quit my job because I couldn't take the travelling anymore Sometimes I don't know what's worse the anxiety or the depression. I'm fed up of being on meds. I'm addicted to them . I have no zopiclone left so now I'm increasing my Quetiapine to help but I'm back in that cycle Again. I'm recovering from drug addiction and I seem to be replacing one with another I know my feelings aren't helped by the issue of my dad being terminally ill and hasn't got long left. It's been hard to function this last week I at Least went to a job interview even that was difficult as I just wanted to walk out half way through How can I stop being so tired . Need to give up smoking as it worries me about my health. I have no motivation at the Minute and don't know what to do :(.

Ps if you want to chat let me know :)

StaceyK
02-03-2014, 04:30 AM
I have a lot of similarities. GAD, depression, recovering addict, smoking, just lost my job and can't imagine getting another job in my current state. To increase my energy I've been taking B vitamins and forcing myself to at least stretch everyday. I also force myself to go on a long walk at least once a week. It gives me energy and is a manageable way to get out of the house without feeling trapped (which fuels my anxiety.) Best of luck to you in your dark times. We're all in this together.

Hey, I take vitamins for energy too they do help. Do you do the stretching for achey stiff joints ? I've also started walking everyday and it can give me small boost.

As for work, I've been off sick since oct 1st. Had a breakdown on holiday I sept. Been a Well paid job for almost 6 year and I won't be back as work has a lot to do with it. Nowhere near ready to find new work though. In the meantime my confidence is low and I too get anxiety when in the house when I feel trapped.

chellebooka
02-03-2014, 05:11 AM
Hi Stacey

Thank u for your post. It's good to know that I am not going thru this alone.

I am very sorry about your Grandma I lost my Grandad a few yrs ago and still trying to move on. It's just a shame that as I'm feeling better about it all my Dad ends up in the same boat. My hubby got me lots of vitamins so I will try and start taking them.

I know I've got to quit smoking having been addicted to drugs and just quit (4months ) I'm taking it slow as I don't want to relapse and ruin my roll at the mo. But yes I will be aiming to give these up in the next few months.

My new job is ok at the min however I have had my quitiapine increased and taking some in the morning which is making me v tired. I'll have to monitor this.

I will gladly chat to u anytime if u need some support

Got to go back to
Work now speak later x

Saldav
02-05-2014, 01:35 PM
Hi Stacey

Thank u for your post. It's good to know that I am not going thru this alone.

I am very sorry about your Grandma I lost my Grandad a few yrs ago and still trying to move on. It's just a shame that as I'm feeling better about it all my Dad ends up in the same boat. My hubby got me lots of vitamins so I will try and start taking them.

I know I've got to quit smoking having been addicted to drugs and just quit (4months ) I'm taking it slow as I don't want to relapse and ruin my roll at the mo. But yes I will be aiming to give these up in the next few months.

My new job is ok at the min however I have had my quitiapine increased and taking some in the morning which is making me v tired. I'll have to monitor this.

I will gladly chat to u anytime if u need some support

Got to go back to
Work now speak later x

Hi Chellebooka I have a question if you don't mind. What drugs were you addicted too?

chellebooka
02-05-2014, 11:24 PM
No probs I'll openly speak about it

My main issue was Cannabis lots of people think it's a soft. Drug but what I went thru with it I feel it's like all the rest. Cocaine was another one I managed to get off that but struggled with cannabis for 22 yrs

These were my main two but was popping pills like no tomorrow and using speed for weight loss and ketamine .

If u need some advice about anything I'm happy to help. X

StaceyK
02-10-2014, 12:33 PM
No probs I'll openly speak about it My main issue was Cannabis lots of people think it's a soft. Drug but what I went thru with it I feel it's like all the rest. Cocaine was another one I managed to get off that but struggled with cannabis for 22 yrs These were my main two but was popping pills like no tomorrow and using speed for weight loss and ketamine . If u need some advice about anything I'm happy to help. X

How are you doing this week chellebooka?

Scdg17
02-10-2014, 01:09 PM
Chellebook, I have a question for you.

I had my struggles with drugs as well but managed to get out alive.

Most recently I had a lover that blew thru a gram of ketamine within a day (a typical day at home.) It really bothered me at the time and then absolutely destroyed me when he was using K, coke, and weed to avoid dealing with emotions with me. It's hard to argue bc he is a highly functioning addict (has a nice house, maintains job, etc). I'm still worried about him but every time I spoke to him about it he used it as an excuse to distant himself from me. He's say "Well maybe were just too different. I like my life and not guna change."
Advice?

chellebooka
02-10-2014, 01:14 PM
Hi I'm ok thanks just landed myself a new Job so looking forward to that.
Last week was a struggle as work was really getting to me. I got through .

How
U getting on Hun xxx

chellebooka
02-10-2014, 01:33 PM
Chellebook, I have a question for you. I had my struggles with drugs as well but managed to get out alive. Most recently I had a lover that blew thru a gram of ketamine within a day (a typical day at home.) It really bothered me at the time and then absolutely destroyed me when he was using K, coke, and weed to avoid dealing with emotions with me. It's hard to argue bc he is a highly functioning addict (has a nice house, maintains job, etc). I'm still worried about him but every time I spoke to him about it he used it as an excuse to distant himself from me. He's say "Well maybe were just too different. I like my life and not guna change." Advice?

From my experience you are talking to a brick wall at the moment. Their mind is made up. If the person does not see a problem then they won't quit not even for someone they love. My hubby hated me taking drugs and as I was into it I didn't care if he would leave me. It was only when I made the decision myself that I quit. It has to come from within. If they don't want too they won't no matter how hard you try. I've worked with people addicted to drugs and I've got
Them into all sorts of treatment because they said they really wanted to quit but in their heart they didn't so it was pointless.
Sometimes the best thing is to leave them too it. Weight out if the emotions and the stress are worth it to you. If it's too much you need to start making lifestyle changes. Hard I know but you will not get anywhere. To be honest it will catch the person up sooner or later as the body can't take it as it gets older.
In short there is nothing you can do to help them unless they really want it and believe
Me you will know when that time comes. In a situation like this you need to help yourself and think about yourself .

It's a crappy situation I've been there myself with myself with my ex's and my clients

Hope this helps xxxx

chellebooka
02-10-2014, 01:45 PM
Ps you have changed you are no longer choosing to take drugs a huge step. Sometimes in life you have to make big changes. Being around people
Who use when you are recovering is a bad idea. Temptation at its highest risk. Think about is that what you want in life and is that going to make a positive contribution to your life. ! X

StaceyK
02-11-2014, 04:30 AM
Hi I'm ok thanks just landed myself a new Job so looking forward to that. Last week was a struggle as work was really getting to me. I got through . How U getting on Hun xxx

Aw that's great you got a new job :) well done.

I'm ok, up and down. Finding that my depression dips up and down alot during day and I feel groggy in the morning. I'm still off on the sick.

chellebooka
02-13-2014, 06:07 AM
Hi Stacey

I get that too particularly in the mornings I find my meds make me drowsy. I find fresh air does me good. Try doing something during the day even if it's something little like watching an uplifting film. I find if I don't do anything I dwell on my depression. Keep trying to push yourself as this makes it better as well cause u feel so pleased with yourself when u achieve something it helps. I know it's hard .
Big hug from me x

StaceyK
02-13-2014, 11:06 AM
Hi Stacey I get that too particularly in the mornings I find my meds make me drowsy. I find fresh air does me good. Try doing something during the day even if it's something little like watching an uplifting film. I find if I don't do anything I dwell on my depression. Keep trying to push yourself as this makes it better as well cause u feel so pleased with yourself when u achieve something it helps. I know it's hard . Big hug from me x

Hey chellebooka,

Thanks for your kind response :) totally agree, not doing anything makes me dwell too. I think I just need to get up/out/doing things earlier in the day so it sets me off on a 'better note'. I managed to achieve a lot today. Cleared out stuff (CDs, books etc) and Went to CBT (which was really helpful). I find night times difficult too but just try to watch tv or nice film. Are you in any sort of therapy ? I've started CBT. The therapist recommended a good site. If you google 'cci psychological interventions', once on site click on the workbooks. There is a module for depression that I'm going to work on. I've already had a look and think it will be helpful for me, but we are all different. Hugs back At ya. Hope you are having a good week x