PDA

View Full Version : New here, needing advice

scotty1
01-26-2014, 06:00 PM
I'm new to this forum. I'm looking for some input/advice on what may be going on. Not sure if it's anxiety, but for several months now I seem to worry over everything. I am constantly thinking what if, especially about work. Example, on the way home I start thinking about something I may forgot to do. This really worries me. Sometimes, I can have a weekend ruined because of this. It is starting to affect my work as well. I don't want to do anything that I may not complete because I will worry about it after work. As long as everything goes well, I feel ok. When something don't go as planned, I get that worried feeling. This is at home as well.
I am having trouble concentrating and remembering things as well. On top of this, I tend to get mad easily over any little thing. Traffic, people in stores tend to make me upset too. On top of that, I constantly worry about being embarrassed in front of people. Just trying to get some answers on what I should do. I feel uncomfortable about seeing a doctor about this. I feel like they won't be able to do anything for me. thanks for any help.

Lord Jazzinho
01-26-2014, 06:34 PM
I'm new to this forum. I'm looking for some input/advice on what may be going on. Not sure if it's anxiety, but for several months now I seem to worry over everything. I am constantly thinking what if, especially about work. Example, on the way home I start thinking about something I may forgot to do. This really worries me. Sometimes, I can have a weekend ruined because of this. It is starting to affect my work as well. I don't want to do anything that I may not complete because I will worry about it after work. As long as everything goes well, I feel ok. When something don't go as planned, I get that worried feeling. This is at home as well.
I am having trouble concentrating and remembering things as well. On top of this, I tend to get mad easily over any little thing. Traffic, people in stores tend to make me upset too. On top of that, I constantly worry about being embarrassed in front of people. Just trying to get some answers on what I should do. I feel uncomfortable about seeing a doctor about this. I feel like they won't be able to do anything for me. thanks for any help.

It sounds like anxiety but don't worry. This just takes a simple change of perspective to deal with. Now I still get this way sometimes If I think I've forgot to lock the door at night and I permit myself this as a little quirk but basically you have to except this one fact, what will happen will happen. When you think what if you need to combat it with so what e.g. what if my head falls off well so what if my head falls off I will then be dead and I won't have to worry about my head falling off then focus on something positive that you enjoy doing, something you are grateful for etc. What will happen will happen regardless of weather you worry about it or not. Remember Anxiety is in effect a focus on the negative, what ever the anxious thought is minimise with so what or whatever works and than focus on something positive. Hope this helps.