PDA

View Full Version : There is hope

Vikki
11-05-2005, 02:27 PM
This week I have left the house all but one day!!! While I was out the anxiety didn't seem too bad. My palms always sweat, but that is even getting less. Several times I went into stores and other times I just drove my car...but I was out and I felt free!!!

Next week I will try to take bigger steps and maybe even go into a busy store. If the anxiety is too much I will just walk in and take a quick exit...but it's more than I have done for the last month.

Just wanted to share my small steps.

Vikki

brickyard_red
11-05-2005, 02:41 PM
:D :D :D CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of you!! Keep up the good work, and don't get discouraged if you start to feel anxious, just try it again another day. You're doing great!

Cath :)

babycristy
11-05-2005, 04:57 PM
Im happy for you too! That is a big step for you im sure. I agree with brickyard_red. Don't get discouraged when you feel anxious. Just walk out before it gets worse and feel happy that you did a big step. Always keep planning to take little steps bc little steps make big differences.

Vikki
11-06-2005, 06:28 PM
Thanks for all the support and the encouragement....it makes this site the great place that it is!

Bridgie
11-13-2005, 01:47 PM
Vikki! That is such great news! I am so proud of you, but most importantly you must be feeling very proud of yourself, and feeling more confident!

Keep doing it, and yeah, like the other gals said, if you start feeling anxious, just walk away! You can try again another day!

{{{{{Vikk}}}} I wish you all the best!

Angel
11-21-2005, 02:22 PM
My ultimate freedon feeling is when im speeding down the highway with my windows and moonroof rolled down.....and some fucking sabbath blasting in my stereo....mmmhmm....thats the life.....

flower29
12-17-2005, 11:44 AM
That sounds great Vikki ! congratualtions i am proud of you and i don't even know you except fpr this site. You did a really ggod job keep up the good work because thats how you beat you fears by facing them head on. Were you by yourself :?:

karmica
01-05-2006, 04:40 AM
CONGRATULATIONS VIKKI! That's soooo cool. We're all proud of you! You give every single one of us reading this hope, cuz we know it CAN be done, and guess what - YOU DID IT!! you rock! :P

lira
03-02-2011, 08:07 AM
wow great! I also want to do the same and try to run some errands do some grocery at a store nearby :) wish me luck!

caera
11-17-2011, 11:45 PM
Only by small steps you can win the world one day. The main symptoms of anxiety includes is difficulty in sleeping, so try to take a proper sleep. It will give you a new day with great energy.

dylan
11-20-2011, 04:37 AM
its good to see that this can be overcome, i have been dealing with it for about a year and a half now, most days i stay in my room and watch movies, usually the same ones. or read, im on methadone so i have to leave the appartment once a day anyway but im used to the pharmacy and the staff, but i cant even get a haircut without having an anxiety attack, ive been dealing with other health issues too, my thyroid and i just got diagnosed with long qt syndrome of the heart. ive been on clonazepam and celexa for a while but i still find myself barring the outside world and i'm fearfull of most things, i went to the urgent care clinic yesterday because i was having a bad panic attack and they gave me some reading material and stuff to go over, that brought me here. so i thought i'd take a chance and post my story/feelings. there is alot more but this is just to start. i feel for anyone in my position, this is a horrible condition. anyway thanks

starrett556
12-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Hi. I signed up back in February but experienced password/email problems. Anyhow I just got around to returning and am delighted I did.