PDA

View Full Version : Anyone feel that no one understands?

monkeynuts111
01-26-2014, 07:13 AM
Hey All,
Do you ever feel that no one understands you and that you feel you will be this way forever?

John_Mark
01-26-2014, 07:16 AM
Yes. I felt that in the past, might feel that in the future.

I felt like I will be this way forever, just like I feel I will be skinny forever. But if you don't do something about it, most probably no one else will.

issy
01-26-2014, 07:19 AM
All the time... that's one of the main reasons I joined this forum because I felt no one really understood me. As for feeling this way forever, well that's a pretty regular thought in my mind... but we all got to have faith we can and will get better. There are plenty of examples out there of people that claim now to be anxiety and depression free. We can do it too :)

lucy88
01-26-2014, 07:52 AM
Yeah i have a great partner but i wish he new how i feel and understood

monkeynuts111
01-26-2014, 07:57 AM
Same here, my wife is fantastic but doesn't get it, it's lack of awareness about anxiety and what it can do

lucy88
01-26-2014, 08:36 AM
I wish my partner understood he is always there for me i think unless he had this he wont

em1
01-26-2014, 08:47 AM
Yes I know what you all
Mean,my husband does not get my anxitey at all
He don't understand why I have it etc

reese
01-26-2014, 09:13 AM
Family and friends definitely. My mom told me the other night I'm just an attention seeker and don't really have panic attacks....that I just pretend so people will feel sorry for me. Sometimes I feel like my therapist doesn't understand either.....like if I'm having a panic attack right in therapy, she says the therapy bits but doesn't really have sympathy for how absolutely terrifying it is inside my head all day everyday. Super frustrating.

monkeynuts111
01-26-2014, 09:14 AM
I think that it is only by talking to others who suffer the same distress that you can really take comfort and feel relief

John_Mark
01-26-2014, 09:23 AM
I think that it is only by talking to others who suffer the same distress that you can really take comfort and feel relief

That's 100% true.

Suza201
01-26-2014, 10:55 AM
I worry daily that I'm going to be this way for the rest of my life. Being only 22 now, that's a scary thought :( it feels like a wasted life.

shonaat
01-26-2014, 01:19 PM
I worry daily as well:/ just because i know at some point in the day i have to talk to someone:( xx

monkeynuts111
01-26-2014, 01:27 PM
I worry daily as well:/ just because i know at some point in the day i have to talk to someone:( xx

Oh I feel like that. And I am a salesperson and am expected to be on the phone to clients all day.......

shonaat
01-26-2014, 01:29 PM
Really? My mum says it's good to have a job where you need to talk but it's so hard:( i have an interview end of feb and a few speaking assessments and i'ver been worrying since start of jan:/ x

masonmoore0824
01-26-2014, 01:37 PM
Hey All,
Do you ever feel that no one understands you and that you feel you will be this way forever?

Every day of my life...honestly I worry more about it the older I get because I keep hoping things will get better, but through ups and downs, things have basically stayed the same. This is even with many medication trials. Scares the SH** out of me to be honest....thinking that I will be like this forever.

amielou
01-26-2014, 02:04 PM
I feel like this all the time and it has such a negative impact, I can never just take one day at a time I'm always worrying about the future.

ashly1221
01-26-2014, 02:09 PM

You're absolutely right. I've had anxiety in ranges from irrational thinking, worrying, panic attacks, staying awake at night, not feeling like myself-like just going through the motions of everyday life kinda thing and my spouse tries to be supportive but he has never had anxiety in his life and I have bad anxiety so it's hard to explain to him and doesn't seem like he gets it at all. That's why I can on here, to talk to people and read their stories so I feel less alone and know that I'm not the only one feeling this way. There's a lot of days where I feel I am the only person on this whole planet that feels or has ever felt the way I do and to see other people struggle with that too is very relieving.

El Lukio
01-28-2014, 06:18 AM
One of the main reasons I came to this forum. My wife is really amazing and supportive but will never understand how I truly feel and I can't burden her with this as she does enough for me. A lot of my friends are of the 'pull yourself together' mentality so basically, I have no one to talk to.

GeneAllen
01-28-2014, 08:08 AM
I feel like a lot of people understand now. I recall a time when I didn't feel that way. Mostly due to my inability or embarrassment to tell them I'm not who you think I am.

I built my pseudo self image up to be this strong, fearless ironworker, not scared of anything bullshit, unrealistic macho crap. When that hit the fan it left the shit scattered all over in a

million pieces. I gave that idea up, and wa laa I liked me without all the entanglements of who I thought I had to be to be a man. So my perception was screwed up, as

well as others, but then again I created this monster of a myth. I just wanted , love, peace of mind and self acceptance. I was already that, but I had to let go of the old lies

and my misbeliefs about what a man was for me. This of course is fine for others, but I was not willing to shoot myself for it. That's where I was, here is where I am. Free,!!! With

testicles still intact. I never would have guessed. Weakness reveals the true power of the human heart -Gene Allen-

Peace