PDA

View Full Version : Cleanse and anti-depressants

carissapink
01-23-2014, 07:22 PM
Hi everyone. I started on a 10 day cleanse with vitamin supplements and clean eating and was wondering if doing a cleanse in conjunction with my medication is okay?

GeneAllen
01-23-2014, 07:26 PM
It would depend on what degree of cleansing you're doing. Is the colon being cleansed? If so you could end up needing less medicine with a clean colon. Cleansing the colon(depending

on what is used), can effect the degree to which medication is absorbed. I've done it and no problems. Peace

carissapink
01-23-2014, 07:39 PM
No, it's not a colon cleanse. It is a purification program with a ton of supplemental vitamins and shakes and a plant based diet.

Dahila
01-23-2014, 08:27 PM
Cari do not get me wrong, but you are another victim to this thingy, of course it cost a lot. People who are interested in the cleansing should look no father than ayurveda. There is a way of cleansing you body using just water. Not invasive, does not poison you with "vitamines" most of them contain just a half of what they claim....
My friend wanted to cleanse too, she is RN and she did, as an effect she did damage her colon...
I do not suggest it will happen to you, but be careful, please

carissapink
01-23-2014, 09:43 PM
It is not a cleanse where you insert any type of enemas, it is more of a purification process

Dahila
01-23-2014, 09:52 PM
It is not a cleanse where you insert any type of enemas, it is more of a purification process
I did understand you well my dear:)) Just think about it , before you start it. Do your homework , check the sources....Decision is yours but make it , well informed. Good luck with it:)

GeneAllen
01-24-2014, 05:55 AM
I can tell you I did one a few years back. I ate dark green kale, carrots, garlics, onions. I limited my meat but not a lot, and that was organic grass fed beef or new venison. I was also

on a colon cleanse. My wife daughter and I all did it. Energy went up, mood stabilized, and hair on the girls went shiny, nails changed etc. All of lost 20 lbs, and not that we needed to,

or that we were trying at all to lose weight. Seems that is returned our bodies to homeostasis. No vitamins, just herbs, raw foods, and that was when I stopped the Effexor as well.

Our way of eating changed a lot, no cokes, or anything carbonated. We don't eat pork, or shellfish, at all. As we studied the virus's that swine carry as well as the high concentrations

of shellfish with toxins. This was my wife's idea, and I love pork chops, and shrimp, lobster, but I decided I too would stop eating this when I did my own studies. I do a colon cleanse

with coffee, and water. Now this had a significant impact on me immediately as with my wife, a calm just comes over me that is balanced and peaceful. Of course vitamin D3 , omega 3

fish oils, and cranberry, and now magnesium Chloride are a part of the supplements we take. Potassium chloride in the summer, when strenuous muscle use and heavy work is needed.

Or when any muscle cramping begins. When I eat deer, right after a kill, it makes it hard to sleep it surges with energy. Seems my wife and daughter don't have this. Keep us posted,

Dahila suggestions are also great and many people enjoy this too. Peace

alankay
01-24-2014, 07:00 AM
Sure. Might even feel better if you diet was poor anyway.
I'd focus on the diet(clean diet of unprocessed foods with minimal refined sugar, caffeine, alcohol, aspartame and MSG). Add a little exercise too!:) Alankay

Dahila
01-24-2014, 08:04 AM
Sure. Might even feel better if you diet was poor anyway.
I'd focus on the diet(clean diet of unprocessed foods with minimal refined sugar, caffeine, alcohol, aspartame and MSG). Add a little exercise too!:) Alankay
Changing diet makes a big difference. I refused eating any processed foods. It takes a lot of time, to bake the breads, to plant and take care of veggies.... I do not have to eat limp, almost dead romaine from the store. There is such different with the one freshly picked.....no doubts our bodies like that....I do believer in fiber (from a good source; I mean veggies) and herbs....
Huge difference does eating the grass fed beef, no everyone can afford it, is not that easy to encounter..

carissapink
01-24-2014, 08:47 PM
Thank you to everyone for your replies!!