PDA

View Full Version : Not sure what is wrong with me.

JaySnow
01-22-2014, 07:28 PM
I guess I just need help, maybe a talk. I've been suffering from symptoms that make my life miserable, and I don't want to go to a doctor just to get prescribed on something that will be a crutch to get me through the day, but if it honestly gets me though the day easier, I'd take it.

A few times through the day my gut will hurt, my heart will start beating faster and I'll get scared. I find it very hard to relax at any given time during the day. I worry A LOT throughout the day. Basically any small negative thing in my life I can't get over and it makes me freak out. I've also a hard time falling asleep, and once I finally do, I wake up and can't fall back asleep.

I never leave the house. One I don't know what I'd do. Who I would see, etc. I mostly just sit in my room and worry about things.

I just don't know where to begin and I don't have a doctor or ever see one.

I know this is a terrible post.

Lee Grant Irons
01-22-2014, 08:40 PM
Hi JaySnow,

You are in good company here. Don't fret. :) Just tell us about it. Why do you never leave the house? Do you work?

JaySnow
01-23-2014, 03:38 PM
I never leave the house because I don't know what I'd do. And I'm scared to go out. I do not work, I'm in between jobs. My construction job is seasonal.

Th13thOne
01-23-2014, 03:46 PM
Go to the ER and tell them what's happening. There will likely be an on call pdoc. Where I am if they are feeling nice they will call him/her in to talk to me.

Welcome and you're not alone. :)

em1
01-23-2014, 03:48 PM
Go to the ER and tell them what's happening. There will likely be an on call pdoc. Where I am if they are feeling nice they will call him/her in to talk to me. Welcome and you're not alone. :)

Hey 13 how's you today

em1
01-23-2014, 03:52 PM
Hey JaySnow :) welcome to the forum,I know you say you don't
Want any meds and that's absolutely fine but maybe you need that crutch just for now?i was the same as you saying I don't want anything
But I've been on setraline (Zoloft) 50mg for 9
Months now and it's helping me loads,I know i won't be on it forever but for now I will
Lean on that extra crutch

Th13thOne
01-23-2014, 03:54 PM
The same or slightly worse than yesterday.

I fight on!

Thank you so much for asking! :)

em1
01-23-2014, 04:07 PM
The same or slightly worse than yesterday. I fight on! Thank you so much for asking! :)

It will get better 13
Keep
Strong

Th13thOne
01-23-2014, 04:13 PM
It will get better 13
Keep
Strong

Will do! May have to drop this new med. I'm not surprised.

Have a great evening! :)

JaySnow
01-23-2014, 04:26 PM
Go to the ER and tell them what's happening. There will likely be an on call pdoc. Where I am if they are feeling nice they will call him/her in to talk to me.

Welcome and you're not alone. :)

Go to the ER? That seems extreme to me. I don't consider it an emergency if I've had it for a while.

Th13thOne
01-23-2014, 04:28 PM
Around here it's near impossible to see a pdoc. That's why I suggest it. It's what I had to do initially.

Lee Grant Irons
01-23-2014, 06:05 PM
Hi Jay,

In the USA, I would not go to the ER for something that seems like anxiety. I would not go to the ER unless I thought I was having a heart attack or unless I had a broken bone, blood pouring out of my body, or someone carried me in unconscious. LOL However, if you are concerned about your symptoms, you could get your gut and heart screened relatively easily if you have insurance. Just know that your symptoms are likely caused by the anxiety.

It sounds like you get lots of sun and outdoors during the construction season, so you should probably look for ways to get some sun and fresh air everyday, even if all you do is sit in your car with the window open and the sun and air on your face.

It also sounds like you could use a hobby, something that can keep your interest and give you some enjoyment. Do you have anything like that? Tell us some more about yourself. Maybe folks can give you some recommendations on how to pass your time.