PDA

View Full Version : Constant Headache!?

melismith
01-20-2014, 05:29 PM
I have had a headache and weird head feeling for two weeks! My headache is always in my right temple! Is it anxiety!? I have an appt tomorrow but I feel like they always say" oh it's anxiety it'll go away give your meds a chance" I can't take my headache anymore ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

it_is_me
01-21-2014, 02:02 PM
Are you clenching/grinding your teeth? That could be the cause of the pain.

melismith
01-21-2014, 02:13 PM
Thanks James! I just got done he thinks I suffer from migraines also and have high blood pressure. So I'm on headache pills called relpax. So I go back in two weeks. I do clench my jaw a lot but no grinding.

HockeyRules
01-21-2014, 08:38 PM
Thanks James! I just got done he thinks I suffer from migraines also and have high blood pressure. So I'm on headache pills called relpax. So I go back in two weeks. I do clench my jaw a lot but no grinding.

Have you considered a mouth guard for at night ? It may help relax your jaw a bit. I suffer from the same thing. As for the headaches...."maybe they are tension headaches from clenching your jaw ? How is your neck and shoulder muscles ? Are they wound tight as well ? I only say that from my experience. I hope your get some comfort.

Peace

David D.

melismith
01-21-2014, 09:09 PM
Have you considered a mouth guard for at night ? It may help relax your jaw a bit. I suffer from the same thing. As for the headaches...."maybe they are tension headaches from clenching your jaw ? How is your neck and shoulder muscles ? Are they wound tight as well ? I only say that from my experience. I hope your get some comfort. Peace David D.

I've never thought about a mouth guard but I'm willing to try anything! Oh I'm always tense I can't relax. My shoulders are always tense! Thank you:) I do too

Nikkers
01-21-2014, 09:53 PM
Hi Melismth :) I clench my jaw very badly at night when I'm sleeping and sometimes during the day. This was causing bad headaches and pain in the temple area as well as a really saw jaw. I had a

mouth guard made up by my dentist and it has eliminated the headaches, I will need to replace mine soon as I have bitten nearly through the one I have now, but they do help a great deal.

melismith
01-22-2014, 01:30 PM
Hi Melismth :) I clench my jaw very badly at night when I'm sleeping and sometimes during the day. This was causing bad headaches and pain in the temple area as well as a really saw jaw. I had a mouth guard made up by my dentist and it has eliminated the headaches, I will need to replace mine soon as I have bitten nearly through the one I have now, but they do help a great deal.

Thank you:) I will for sure give it a try! Anything to help. I always catch myself clenching my jaw when I'm just sitting here and it drives me nuts!

Enduronman
01-22-2014, 02:10 PM
You may have (trigeminal neuralgia) meli....I HAD IT!!...Mine was in the left side of the head, temple, cheek, and painful as hell. Yes, it has alot to do with anxiety and the only thing that would help it was benzos...not the carbamazepine...

Hope the visit goes well tomorrow....

E-Man.. :)

Dahila
01-22-2014, 03:26 PM
high blood pressure is the cause of headaches, clenching would be cause of pain in tmj joint. I have to control my BP by meds, and everytime I get headache my BP is elevated. Visit to the doc required. :) it can be controled easily.

anthonyjbro760
01-30-2014, 03:09 PM
Not all headaches are caused by high blood pressure

lizard0921
01-30-2014, 05:46 PM
Have you considered a mouth guard for at night ? It may help relax your jaw a bit. I suffer from the same thing. As for the headaches...."maybe they are tension headaches from clenching your jaw ? How is your neck and shoulder muscles ? Are they wound tight as well ? I only say that from my experience. I hope your get some comfort.

Peace

David D.

Do you get tension headaches? My neck and shoulders are so stiff :(