PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Amitriptyline 25mg vs mirtazapine 15mg. Also Hydroxyzine PAM 25mg

kcladyz
01-13-2014, 02:40 PM
I have mild anxiety and depression with random occasional panic attacks( which can be pretty bad), I also have mysterious panic attacks at night that gives me insomnia for i am afraid to go to sleep due to i worry about having night .

The mirtz worked miracles on my night time panics but was making me feel sick even at 1/4 tablet.. Also I told my Dr. about the embarrassing panic Attacks i have had during the day. I mean I even had a panic attack during sex. ( I never thought that could ever happen LOL)

I was given Amitriptyline 25mg to take 1 or 2 tablets at bed time. My question is how sedative is it compared to the mirtz? I wonder if i should attempt to split the tablet and take 1/2 till i know how my body will feel?

Question#2 I was given Hydroxyzine PAM 25mg to take as needed for my random panic attacks. Has anyone had good experiences with this. How sedative is it compared to Xanax?

I also take Buspirone 2x a day.

Enduronman
01-13-2014, 03:16 PM
MY post disappeared!!! OMGEEE!!!

1. Remeron: An awesome medication where all others have failed (older type but also has anxiolotic properties)...one of my family members loves this stuff!
2. Elavil:..I have no idea....An old tricyclic ad.
3. Hydrox: An anti-histamine with the most sedation of all anti-histamines...it did not work for either of my daughters for panic, just made them both tired.
4. Buspar: Terrible medication for people that have anxiety WITH panic. It prolongssssssss the panic attacks. ONLY FOR GAD PATIENTS.....with NO panic.

That's what I know about them friend...

E-Man...:)

kcladyz
01-13-2014, 04:36 PM
I hear Buspirone is very weak but it seems to be helping. i am a lot happier, more positive and less stressed and anxious at work

Enduronman
01-13-2014, 04:41 PM
Yes it is very weak,..and I am sooooo happy to finally see a success story about that particular medication. I will keep a mental note of this effect for you. Have they ever tried an actual benzo on you before like klonopin or xanax??...PS: The Remeron will make you gain weight, that was another effect I forgot to mention. If you want that affect..my sister in law did. She actually looks nice!

Whenever I took the Buspar in 05, I had this weird head buzzing sounds and weird head feelings like I was wearing a football helmet all day long...then he went with xanax.

:)

Enduronman
01-13-2014, 04:43 PM
Ooops, and forgot to answer this. The Hydrox is way more sedating than the Xanax, but they both do entirely different things in the brain..The Hydrox is excellent to take at bedtime. zzzzzzzzz but does nothing for panic (generally speaking)....Xanax is The King of panic blocker....:)

acetone
01-14-2014, 02:12 AM
Initially Amitriptyline is highly sedating. The sedation may wear off with time though.

kcladyz
01-14-2014, 06:13 AM
Yes it is very weak,..and I am sooooo happy to finally see a success story about that particular medication. I will keep a mental note of this effect for you. Have they ever tried an actual benzo on you before like klonopin or xanax??...PS: The Remeron will make you gain weight, that was another effect I forgot to mention. If you want that affect..my sister in law did. She actually looks nice!

Whenever I took the Buspar in 05, I had this weird head buzzing sounds and weird head feelings like I was wearing a football helmet all day long...then he went with xanax. I took 1/2 a tablet of the amit before bed and made me feel yucky. does that yucky ughhh feel ever go away? That replaced the mirtz BTW for the Mirtz was too strong

:)

They tried citalopram and on the first dose I almost passed out and called 911 so she put me on buspar i guess to start gentle and work up from that. She will not give me xanax but I conned the ER doctor into a small supply so I am hording what little i have like gold.