PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Meds?

Anxious Abi
01-11-2014, 12:12 PM
Not sure if the topic title accurately reflects my question, but never mind, I don't suppose it really matters.
I stupidly left it too late in the week to order my repeat prescription, this morning the Pharmacy said they wouldn't receive the prescription from the Doctor until Monday now.
Haven't had any of my meds since yesterday afternoon, i'm starting to feel out of control, I need to find control. I need to hold it together.

Anyway, my question, does anybody know if there is a way of getting your medication, like, when everything is closed, I suppose not. It doesn't seem likely. I don't know.

I really don't know.

jessed03
01-11-2014, 12:14 PM
If you google 24 hour pharmacies, and see if there's one near you, then they will probably be able to give you some emergency meds. I don't know how quiet your seaside place is?

There are usually some in bigger towns. Even some Tescos have NHS pharmacy service, and can stay open late.

GeneAllen
01-11-2014, 12:16 PM
This is a great question. One I have not an answer for. What medication is it? If I may ask? There may be something to get you through the weekend and probably is some ideas people here will have. Keep us posted.

Peace

Anxious Abi
01-11-2014, 12:23 PM
OK, I found one just over eight miles away, do I take an old prescription or I'm not sure, will I need something to identify myself maybe. I have no idea how it works.
I feel so out of my depth, I need to ground myself, I can't think straight when I get like this.

jessed03
01-11-2014, 12:27 PM
Are you still there? What drug do you need Abi?

GeneAllen
Take your paperwork. Take ID, and only ask for or expect to be given what you need till Monday. Explain the circumstances and you should be fine.

jessed03
If it's an SSRI, just an old prescription will do, they'll have your records on file. Maybe some ID, as some pharmacies may be a little more strict than others

jessed03
01-11-2014, 12:28 PM
Wow, I've never posted at EXACTLY the same time, saying EXACTLY the same thing as someone on here, Gene. ;)

Enduronman
01-11-2014, 12:30 PM
They can probably tap into the transmit prescription to the pharmacy that is closed..electronically. Unless, you're holding a written scrip in your hand...

GeneAllen
01-11-2014, 12:30 PM
:D Synchronicity my friend. It's always there, we're just not aware of it. Peace Bro

Anxious Abi
01-11-2014, 12:47 PM
Thank you I really really appreciate it, I'm sorry. Started working myself up into a bit of a mess. I've ordered a taxi, I'm going to take an old prescription and some ID and hope for the best.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
So much.

jessed03
01-11-2014, 12:51 PM
You're welcome Abi. You'll be fine getting them, they do this stuff pretty frequently!

Come let us know you when you get them. Take care! :)

Anxious Abi
01-11-2014, 07:20 PM
Just to let you guys know, I managed to get enough medication to last over the weekend. Took them on the way home, ended up falling asleep as soon as I got back, i'm feeling much better now.
Really grateful for your help. :)

Anxious Abi
01-12-2014, 06:41 AM
Update; if anybody would like to know, I'm feeling almost normal now, I don't want to cry or snap my fingers off my hands anymore or anything. Maybe an afternoon nap will take the headache off, so, all good. Just need to search the interweb for something funny to fill my thoughts before I risk hitting the pillow.
Hope you are doing well.
AbiDabiFoFabi

jessed03
01-12-2014, 11:21 AM
Glad you're feeling a little better :)

It was a good thread really, I imagine numerous others are gonna read this when it hits the archive with exactly the same problem!