PDA

View Full Version : Remeron

staceatarian
01-08-2014, 02:36 PM
SSRI's give me awful side effects. Was just prescribed remeron (generic). Anyone have any experience with this med?

jessed03
01-09-2014, 02:20 AM
I like it, but it made me put on weight and become very sleepy.

I may be out by a percent or two, as I say this from memory, but most common side effects of the drug are:

Weight gain: 52% of people

Drowsiness: 49% of people

acetone
01-09-2014, 02:50 AM
Good anti depressive effects. Modest anti anxiety effects. Massive hunger increase and hence weight gain. Moderate sedation. My experience.

jessed03
01-09-2014, 02:57 AM
How long were you on it acetone, how much weight did you gain?

acetone
01-09-2014, 03:17 AM
How long were you on it acetone, how much weight did you gain?

I was on it for 25 days or so. I did not exactly measure the weight gain since I do not have scales. But I'm sure the weight gain was impressive. I was raiding the kitchen at night multiple times. It was not helping much in keeping my anxiety under control so I changed to Paxil. Another reason to switch was that it failed to knock me out at night. I have chronic insomnia. I now take antipsychotics just to sleep.

staceatarian
01-09-2014, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the experiences. I'm hoping it will help me put on some weight, I'm pretty underweight right now although I've never been a big person. When I'm this small I'd probably end up in the hospital if I got the flu.

How much did the drowsiness/sedation effect you and did it last? Would a cup of coffee help? I miss coffee lol.

Been off caffeine since I started with the panic attacks and I sure do miss it.

I don't think I will be on it long term as I tend to even out eventually after my life settles down a bit and my new crazy reality becomes the norm.

jessed03
01-09-2014, 11:11 AM
Remeron worked so quickly for me. I took it when in a crisis clinic, and within 3 days I was beginning to feel rather a lot better. It's a very fast working drug.

If you've had insomnia before, like acetone, the sedation may be milder, but I was always ok with sleep anyway, and the drowsiness did hit me hard. Made it quite hard to think sometimes, and made me quite low on motivation. It wore off after 5 months for me, shorter for others. Again, I am quite easily influenced by sedatives, so I know I'm a little biased towards it being a drowsy med. A cup of coffee can help. I wasn't a big coffee drinker, but during the startup I needed some coffee.

It should definitely help you put your extra weight on :)

jessed03
01-09-2014, 11:17 AM
Another thing I liked about Remeron, were there were no real nausea issues like with the SSRIs. No insomnia to deal with because of drugs. It didn't hype me up like the SSRIs but instead felt like a weak benzo. There were no sexual side effect either. It's actually reported to increase your libido!

staceatarian
01-09-2014, 07:16 PM
I hope it works out for me. I could use 20 lbs, a cup of coffee and more sex while having less anxiety and depression. Sounds like a miracle.

I also cannot stand the nausea/side effects of an ssri enough to get on one. I was on them a long time ago, but I couldn't tolerate paxil at all at this point.

jessed03
01-09-2014, 08:28 PM
Sounds like it could be a good med for you then! The makers sure knew what cured depression; more sex, lots of food and good coffee.

When do you start taking it?

Dahila
01-09-2014, 08:30 PM
Dark roast coffee :)) before and after ;))

staceatarian
01-09-2014, 08:39 PM
Last night. Started with 1/4 pill even though my doc said half, just wanted to test the waters lightly. I took the half tonight and am going to talk to my psych tomorrow about ditching the nightly .5mg klono and only taking if necessary. I have some older scripts for xanax and valium in my purse as a comfort, but don't touch them.

I woke up ok this morning and got through the day at work although I mostly just shut myself in my office lol. Still got a bunch done. I hope the remeron doesn't sedate me enough that I can't watch hours of footage without falling asleep. I'm on film in my office :)

staceatarian
01-09-2014, 08:40 PM
Yesss dark roast all the way!! Black, no sugar. Mmmmmm. I'm now fantasizing about coffee :p

jessed03
01-09-2014, 08:45 PM
Yeah, I don't think you'll need the extra help at night either, but we'll see!

1/2 a pill, is that of 15mgs, or 30mgs. It doesn't start to work until 30mgs btw.

What do you do for work? I hope you don't have to watch CCTV footage of crime scenes. Criminals may escape a little more during those first few weeks ;)

staceatarian
01-09-2014, 08:58 PM
The half is 15. I'll start taking the 30 in a week as long as my body is ok with it.

I actually do watch crimes... I work as a loss prevention mgr and investigate internal theft as well as people who come in and steal from us. Last week someone broke into a case and stole $10,000 in electronics. My guys bust shoplifters so it's rare to have a dull day. I do a lot of the investigative work and put cases together to prosecute.

Interesting work, but definitely have to keep this anxiety in check to function well.

NixonRulz
01-09-2014, 09:01 PM
You're like the Terminator of shoplifters

My job just sounds boring now

staceatarian
01-09-2014, 09:07 PM
Heh, I'm the mgr so I get to play with paper, numbers and presentations while my guys get yo go after the bad guys lol. Internal investigations are fun, but more civil than you might think. Theft interviews with employees are very polite and usually end up without someone in cuffs.

NixonRulz
01-09-2014, 09:08 PM
But just to pass the time, do you sometimes beat the hell out of them like real cops... Or E-Man?

Enduronman
01-09-2014, 09:11 PM
LMAO!!! Yes!! Do it!!!....:D

I TOLD YOU NOT TTOOOO STTEEAAAALLLL BOOYYYYYY!!!!! bam bam!!!

jessed03
01-09-2014, 09:12 PM
Ahhh, I see, you're doing the right doses and all that. I thought maybe you were on 7mg lol. Keep the thread updated, you should begin to feel stuff soon hopefully

That's a pretty cool job actually. Let me know which days you feel drowsy so I can sell the info to my criminal contacts for a hefty price :) mwahah

staceatarian
01-09-2014, 09:15 PM
Omg, I do need to keep my job! No beatings, but the police are there within minutes if I need them. They're my work bff's, even have a special ringtone for when dispatch calls :)

staceatarian
01-09-2014, 09:18 PM
Haha, are you in contact with an organized retail crime ring in the states? If so I'd love that info lol. ;)

jessed03
01-09-2014, 09:21 PM
Can you offer me a heftier price for it than what the mob pay? ;)

If so it's all yours! Lol

staceatarian
01-10-2014, 08:40 AM
No budget to pay for crime intel lol.

staceatarian
01-10-2014, 06:02 PM
Definitely getting the drowsiness. Just fell asleep on my couch for a few hours and had a hard time waking up. I hope the drowsiness eases sooner rather than later. I am going to take half the klonopin tonight along with half the remeron and see how that does. Feel a little 'high' which is not exactly unpleasant, but not how I want to be feeling.

staceatarian
01-11-2014, 11:14 AM
Very dizzy today. Anxious, maybe I shouldn't have messed with the klonopin dose. My head feels weird. Headachy, but alert/anxious. I know meds take time... I just want to feel better and be able to function.

Enduronman
01-11-2014, 11:36 AM
Oh my!! you did what with your Klonopin?????

jessed03
01-11-2014, 11:37 AM
I remember the first few days of 15mg being really rough, and weird, then it reducing after around a week and a bit. Which was almost the time I was upped to 30mg, and done it all over again lol

staceatarian
01-11-2014, 12:29 PM
Oh my!! you did what with your Klonopin?????
Halved it from .5 to .25

staceatarian
01-11-2014, 12:31 PM
Le sigh. I really need to be able to go into work mon and function at least reasonably well.

jessed03
01-11-2014, 12:32 PM
Le sigh on your behalf.

Did you try a cup of Joe? It did help my start up grogginess a little.

staceatarian
01-11-2014, 01:09 PM
Nope, it's more of a groggy shell over a anxious center. Wait, am I talking about candy or me?

I'll go back to the .5 klonopin tonight and then see if coffee seems like a good idea.

Enduronman
01-11-2014, 01:13 PM
YES!! ^^^^^^^^^ Don't change anything PLEEEAASSEEE!!! Don't fix it, if it isn't broken!!..(unless you're like me and you break s**t just to fix it)...:)

jessed03
01-11-2014, 01:30 PM
Remeron is a drug you need to ride out sadly. It does get better. I can only say hold out for a little. If your doc thinks you should be on this, and you trust them, then you'll be ok. Things will become more tolerable.

I think in the first week I couldn't walk straight, after 2 I was back playing table tennis and stuff, although slightly tired. Let's hope the drowsiness passes.

Enduronman
01-11-2014, 01:33 PM
Yes,...it passes. I just wish I could get my in law to come on here and post but she won't. She still lovvvessss the Remeron as it changed her life dramatically in a great way,...just not in 3 days. More like 3 weeks I think she said...

Table tennis with Jack Black???...:)

staceatarian
01-11-2014, 01:38 PM
Remeron is a drug you need to ride out sadly. It does get better. I can only say hold out for a little. If your doc thinks you should be on this, and you trust them, then you'll be ok. Things will become more tolerable.

I think in the first week I couldn't walk straight, after 2 I was back playing table tennis and stuff, although slightly tired. Let's hope the drowsiness passes.
At least the side effects are a billion times better than paxil. I couldn't eat or sleep and thought I was going insane.

I'm starting to feel a little better now, but not great. Trying to amp myself up enough to take a shower....

staceatarian
01-11-2014, 01:41 PM
YES!! ^^^^^^^^^ Don't change anything PLEEEAASSEEE!!! Don't fix it, if it isn't broken!!..(unless you're like me and you break s**t just to fix it)...:)

Yess, you are right. I just thought the klonopin would make the drowsiness worse and didn't want that, but I can't tell what the remeron is doing unless I keep everything else the same.

jessed03
01-11-2014, 01:43 PM
At least the side effects are a billion times better than paxil. I couldn't eat or sleep and thought I was going insane.

I'm starting to feel a little better now, but not great. Trying to amp myself up enough to take a shower....

Yeah, you probably should. You stink.

Am I helping? :p

staceatarian
01-11-2014, 01:50 PM
Lol, yes actually.

jessed03
01-11-2014, 05:42 PM
Lol quite funny to ask a grown woman who I barely know this, but... Did you shower? Is your energy returning

staceatarian
01-11-2014, 08:28 PM
Yes dear, I did shower lol. My energy is good right now, but a bit dizzy when I stand. Took meds about 1.5 hours ago and ate cookies. I told my husband to keep cookies out of the house, but he won't listen as he wants me to gain weight. I hope I feel mire level in the morning. I'm not super tired yet. Did not nap today.

Thanks for checking in on me :)

jessed03
01-12-2014, 10:33 AM
What's the daily update, crime fighter

staceatarian
01-12-2014, 11:42 AM
Feeling much better today. Hard time waking up for the first hour, but I'm pretty with it now. I'm even going to go out with the family and get a new calendar. Was feeling a bit fluttery in my chest when I woke up, but that went away pretty quickly. I wish my appetite was a bit better, but was able to eat some cereal.

I think I'll plan on going to bed super early tonight because I have to wake up early for work and sleep driving doesn't sound too safe.

Enduronman
01-12-2014, 12:39 PM
Sounds like a good report overall!! Glad you're feeling better and actually getting some sleep too! Yes, the appetite does come with Remeron Stacy.

Have a great day shopping!

E-Man....:)

staceatarian
01-13-2014, 05:09 AM
Felt a little woozy when I was out, but ok overall. Even found a new sweater for work. I'm going in today. Feeling pretty good this morning. A lot of energy and a little anxiety. I made sure to get up super early in case I had a hard time getting up, but I didn't and I'm just going to go into work early.

Fingers crossed for a good day.

jessed03
01-13-2014, 05:56 AM
Fingers crossed for you!

Was driving ok?

Enduronman
01-13-2014, 06:29 AM
Felt a little woozy when I was out, but ok overall. Even found a new sweater for work. I'm going in today. Feeling pretty good this morning. A lot of energy and a little anxiety. I made sure to get up super early in case I had a hard time getting up, but I didn't and I'm just going to go into work early.

Fingers crossed for a good day.

YAY Stacy!!!! :)

staceatarian
01-13-2014, 11:16 AM
Driving was ok. Woke up easily. Ok day so far at work even though I still feel like I have fluff between my ears instead of a working brain. I have to do a self evaluation which is kind of like torture to someone who has a lot of anxiety about doing their job well enough....

Enduronman
01-13-2014, 11:26 AM
Repeat these words:

I AM NOT A COTTON HEADED NINNY MUGGIN

Then your self assessment will be great!!! :)

kris123
01-13-2014, 11:36 AM
Repeat these words: I AM NOT A COTTON HEADED NINNY MUGGIN Then your self assessment will be great!!! :) haha! I love this! I think I might use this one myself!

jessed03
01-13-2014, 11:41 AM
haha! I love this! I think I might use this one myself!

Yeah it'd be a good I.... Hey wait a minute!!!! This isn't your drug kris!

Jk, good to see you laughing kiddo ;)

@ Stace - good luck with your day. Remeron seems to be going pretty well for you, I'm glad. If you're able to function pretty well during the worst period of the drug, it's only gonna go uphill.

kris123
01-13-2014, 11:53 AM
Yeah it'd be a good I.... Hey wait a minute!!!! This isn't your drug kris! Jk, good to see you laughing kiddo ;) @ Stace - good luck with your day. Remeron seems to be going pretty well for you, I'm glad. If you're able to function pretty well during the worst period of the drug, it's only gonna go uphill. No, not my drug, just say the post in my feed and thought it was funny.

jessed03
01-13-2014, 12:08 PM
I think we've got to make Elf official forum movie!

Enduronman
01-13-2014, 12:46 PM
Yes!!! We do!!! I wanna throw snowballs like that....and be able to eat cotton balls. :)

staceatarian
01-13-2014, 05:49 PM
:) I hope it works on top of not sucking too much lol.

Have to travel for work tomorrow and do a presentation on how much the other location sucks, if they suck. The more they suck the more I'll have to talk so I hope they are in good shape.

I'll go up in dosage on thurs if I'm still feeling ok, which I think I will. I'll keep everyone posted on my remeron journey.

jessed03
01-14-2014, 04:23 PM
Any appetite yet? Still really early, but just wondering. In my early days on Remeron, I got whipped cream craving. Put it on everything. Luckily I started it around Christmas so I got away with a little weight gain.

Made food taste sooo good.

I saw someone on a forum take Remeron, and smoke weed. No surprise they were HUGE.

Good luck at work :) the 30mg is usually more activating, so you'll probably get a bit of a boost when you start that.

Watch out Rhode Island crooks lol

staceatarian
01-14-2014, 05:25 PM
No increased appetite, but I've been able to eat my normal meals. I'm not a sweets person. I'm more into salty, I'll know it's the remeron if I start craving cupcakes :)

Being in another location made me unable to work on my cases, but my minions should be out there fighting crime.

I'm going to up the dose on a day when I can sleep in a bit just in case I get super sleepy.

staceatarian
01-15-2014, 11:35 AM
Feeling pretty darn good today. Still a bit tired, but good overall. Making better eye contact and asking questions that I used to not ask because I thought I should already know the answers and didn't want to look or feel stupid.

Now back to that self evaluation...

jessed03
01-15-2014, 11:42 AM
That's what I loved about Remeron, it works so fast!!!

In 5 days I went from suicide watch to playing table tennis, joking with friends and eating again. I love that fat inducing sugar loving drug!

Keep on improving stacemaster general!

Out of interest, what you rate your tiredness /10?

staceatarian
01-15-2014, 11:51 AM
3-4ish. Almost tried coffee, but didn't want to see what would hsppen at work after being caffeine free for so long. And I hate dunkin donuts.

Maybe some dark chocolate...

jessed03
01-15-2014, 12:00 PM
That's not too bad. It's workable, and should still improve.

Dark chocolate always wakes me up too. I've started experimenting with different flavours. I bought dark chocolate and hint of lavender, which I know sounds quite gross, but tastes really good!!

staceatarian
01-15-2014, 04:05 PM
Lavender sounds interesting. I'd try it. I wish I could find a dark chocolate with sea salt or chili that doesn't have any milk in it. I usually just get a 72% that is readily available.

The drowsiness is tolerable, but I do hope it gets better. Ive been having a weird taste in my mouth that is like I licked a battery, but not as strong. Also my neck muscles are a little tense. All tolerable, just weird.

jessed03
01-15-2014, 10:16 PM
My health shop started selling a variety with no milk, which is awesome. Most of the grocery store stuff has milk in too.

Ugh Stace, chilli chocolate. How do people eat that, lol

Are you getting the Remeron dreams? The first few weeks I had the trippiest, most intense dreams.

staceatarian
01-16-2014, 06:27 PM
Yep, getting very vivid dreams. Doesn't help with the whole waking up thing when your dreams are that awesome.

I've never tried the chilli chocolate, but I want too!!! Could be gross, but I think it is worth a try. I'm going to have to go on a chocolate spree at whole foods, I ate like 4 pieces today...and now I'm thinking about it and have a couple squares stashed in my purse.

Decided to go up in dose tomorrow night as I have a friend over and don't want to have to go to bed too early :)

jessed03
01-16-2014, 06:40 PM
Are they nightmares, or just really vivid, strange dreams?

Now we're talking! Here's the Remeron I recognise; chocolate sprees, and chocolate hidden in the purse. Lol

Lots of people like the chilli, so you probably will too, but it felt wrong to me! I do quite like sea salt one though.

Let us know how dose increase goes :)

staceatarian
01-17-2014, 10:54 AM
Just vivid and strange. Going up in dose tonight. I have an odd work schedule where I work night shifts some weekends. This is going to make it hard for me to take meds on a schedule. I've been taking the remeron after dinner around 7. My weekend shifts have me on until 11. One day a month I work until 11 and then go in for 8 the next morning. Wondering how I should take them on these night shifts especially because I am still very groggy in the morning.

Any advice?

Enduronman
01-17-2014, 11:44 AM
Maybe take it late afternoon with food...Don't give up on it because you're doing great things now!!! Who cares is you have nightmares about clowns!!! :)

staceatarian
01-18-2014, 01:14 PM
I am useless today.... So tired!!

Enduronman
01-18-2014, 01:44 PM
You may be tired, but you're still getting better anyway!!! :)

jessed03
01-19-2014, 08:43 AM
Any easier today Stace?

This is the 30mg now, right?

staceatarian
01-19-2014, 09:43 AM
A little better today. No, it's 15, I originally thought she gave me 30s. My gp said she's treating me like a child with this med after my reaction to paxil. I am still pretty sleepy, but I had my husband force me to get up this morning. Anxiety levels are liw, but that may be because I am,not awake enough to be anxious..... I work a night shift tonight and have to be in again tomorrow at 8. I guess my biggest issue is not being able to wake up for work.

I will give this med 6 weeks, if I'm still this sleepy it is not going to work out for mr. I have to be alert. Pretty much no other side effects though besides being hungry.

jessed03
01-19-2014, 09:57 AM
That does become an issue for some. I remember waking up early on Remeron after forcing myself up, and just being a complete zombie for about 2-3 hours afterwards. Not a drug for those who love mornings, but needs must sometimes.

It does take a couple of weeks for that drowsiness to begin to slip away. Let's hope it happens for you. On a drug like Remeron, 6 weeks is enough to tell if you like it.

I hope work goes well for you Stace

staceatarian
01-19-2014, 10:00 PM
I've never loved mornings :) I just have to be functional for a meeting at 8 another one at 9 and a conference call at 9:30. Then there's the rest of the day...lol. Took the remeron at 7:3" and kpin at 9 and I'm still functional right now. I hope the short night of sleep is ok for me tonight. It's only one every 3rd week I work till 11 and go back in at 8 so if I can do this I should be good

Still having times where I'm overwhelmed at work and want to cry and hide under my desk, quit and give up.
I know I share this sentiment with everyone on this site, but I just want to feel better! Able to do my job, handle my life and not crawl under a rock and give up on my life and career.

I guess I just need to take it as it comes, one day at a time and stop being so hard on myself. Easier said than done. Giving myself permission to make mistakes and not know everything is so hard for me.

Thanks for being there for me. It helps to know others have bern through this and come up smiling.

staceatarian
01-20-2014, 05:22 AM
Well I'm up, showered and ready for work although I'm not very happy about this. I could have slept for a lot longer.

jessed03
01-20-2014, 07:58 AM
How well were you able to function after waking up?

My therapy sessions used to be at 9:30am... I'd wake up from my Remeron sleep all groggy and tired, and then be asked to talk about my thoughts... Only, I didn't have any as I was just too tired at that point. I'd just stare blankly and drool and pretend I was listening to what my therapist was saying lol!

staceatarian
01-20-2014, 09:32 AM
Functional in about an hour. Glad I upped my dose when I didn't have to be in early the next day.

jessed03
01-20-2014, 02:07 PM
Yep, that was planned well. Do you think it's affecting your work so far?

staceatarian
01-20-2014, 03:32 PM
At first I was very groggy and did nit function as well as I normally do when doing detailed research with long reports full of numbers. I seemed to be on my game today and my memory seems better than when I was taking the kpin alone. Had a pretty good and productive day, spoke in my meetings. Definitely still had some anxiety in the larger meeting which is held out on the salesfloor with about 50 people and we all stand in a circle. Got it done though and I know I can do it. When does it get easier?!! I stop mysrlf just short of a panic attack almost every time. I get hot and dizzy while while waiting for my turn to speak.

Functioning well and I seem happier and more open towards others. Anxiety in general seems to be decreasing a bit.

Able to.analyze data and catch a couple bad guys today. Get my cases together tomorrow I hope.

jessed03
01-21-2014, 05:34 PM
Remeron does make you pretty happy actually. I was quite friendly on that drug. Since I've stopped, I definitely feel I've become more miserable towards others ;)

@ 15mg the effects are mild. It's more of a sleep aid rather than an antidepressant. Therapeutic doses are 30mg most of the time. They say 30mg wakes you up more. I didn't find that, but apparently it happens for most people, you may find more energy and focus at that dose, I'm not sure.

What are you plans for the 30mg dose, do you know yet?

Keep catching those bad guys Stace!

staceatarian
01-21-2014, 07:19 PM
Been getting better with waking up, groggyness is minimal. After I shake myself up I'm pleasantly calm for the first part of the day. Speaking at the big meeting this morning was still an anxious experience, but more toned down. Definitely feeling happier and approaching people with no or minimal hesitation. My stress levels seem to have gone down.

No plans for 30 yet and if it stays flat or increases in effect on this dose I'll stay with it. I'm glad I rode out the side effects and gave it a chance. I'll stay in touch with my doc and see what she thinks. I don't know if the lower dosage is working well because of my size. I haven't had an upset stomach for a while and have been able to eat every meal which is good as anxiety makes me not ear. I may have gained a pound or two, but that's good news for me.

Heh yeah, someone has to catch the bad guys, my case load is high right now... Have to hire more help.

staceatarian
01-21-2014, 07:21 PM
Lol.. Anxiety makes me not ear.... Love typos.

jessed03
01-25-2014, 10:44 AM
Your last post sounds quite positive!

Remeron is really good for stomach pains, that was another thing I liked about it.

How was your week on the drug Stace? Is the sedation beginning to ease?

staceatarian
01-25-2014, 09:59 PM
Feeling bloated a bit today and got a little pass outish at work, but was able to work through it. Had a little issue when I got a required invitation to a major safety visit at my work... Looks like a big deal and made me freak out. The usual anxiety response for me. Basically doubting my abilities to handle stressful situations and times when people willbe looking to me for answers or questioning my job performance.

Remeron seems to be doing something and was feeling quite a bit better until today. I'll chalk it up to a rough day.

Sleepiness is still effecting me in the mornings, but it seems to be better if I do not sleep in. Getting up early and showering seems to help. I feel tired still, but a floaty calm functional tired that doesn't last long unless I give in to it. I really want the 6 weeks to pass so I can evaluate how I feel and see if this dosage is correct for me.

MST3KSteph
01-29-2014, 12:38 PM
This is my very first post here, but wanted to say I appreciate this thread and everyone's sharing of their experience with Remeron. I've been going through an extremely difficult past 18 mos, particularly, (have had severe anxiety/depression/agoraphobia for most of my teen/adult life, though...never got THIS bad until the last year and a half or so) and a couple of my various docs have suggested Remeron but I'm so very sensitive to side effects, and so drugs frighten me. However, I'm desperate to feel better and get my life and anxiety under control and so I've been more seriously considering the Remeron. I found this site via a Google search on Remeron and I'm thankful to have discovered it. Well, this got longer than I intended when all I really wanted was to say "thank you" to everyone sharing their experiences with this drug. :) I hope the best for all in their quest to find something that helps. I'll be continuing to follow this thread, and am sending all my best wishes and support to everybody. Thanks again

Stephanie

jessed03
01-29-2014, 08:01 PM
This is my very first post here, but wanted to say I appreciate this thread and everyone's sharing of their experience with Remeron. I've been going through an extremely difficult past 18 mos, particularly, (have had severe anxiety/depression/agoraphobia for most of my teen/adult life, though...never got THIS bad until the last year and a half or so) and a couple of my various docs have suggested Remeron but I'm so very sensitive to side effects, and so drugs frighten me. However, I'm desperate to feel better and get my life and anxiety under control and so I've been more seriously considering the Remeron. I found this site via a Google search on Remeron and I'm thankful to have discovered it. Well, this got longer than I intended when all I really wanted was to say "thank you" to everyone sharing their experiences with this drug. :) I hope the best for all in their quest to find something that helps. I'll be continuing to follow this thread, and am sending all my best wishes and support to everybody. Thanks again

Stephanie

Thanks for posting Steph :) good to hear from you too.

If you do decide to try the drug, come back and bump this thread!

staceatarian
02-02-2014, 03:27 PM
Glad it helped Steph. I got horrible side effects with SSRIs and the remeron just had the sleepy and grogginess which is totally ok to deal with for a little while anyways. I have gained a couple of pounds, but am happy with that. Let us know how you are doing and if you try it. I'm still not sure it's the right dose, but I need to give it a bit longer. I am feeling better as long as I stay off googling side effects and panic attacks lol.

Stay with us, we're here to share and help each other.

staceatarian
02-09-2014, 10:38 AM
I'm really not sure how much this is helping at this point... I left a message for my Doctor to see if a dosage increase should happen or if I should try something else...

Enduronman
02-09-2014, 10:47 AM
You seem to be coping with things much better Stacy!! You also still seem abit flat though too...How do you really feel??

It is STILL an improvement over where you once were...

E-Man...:)

staceatarian
02-09-2014, 11:34 AM
I feel stressed and anxious... Not sure how well I'm coping. Definitely flat. Don't feel like I have a good grasp on anything. I feel like I'm barely getting by and a stiff breeze will knock me back down.

Enduronman
02-09-2014, 11:38 AM
Definately a good time to phone the Doc then, remeron usualllyyy does abit better then this but you may just need another added med to offset the flatness...How has your diet been, I recall you were struggling with that? Have you gained any weight???? hmmm...I'm thinking..

staceatarian
02-09-2014, 12:41 PM
I've been eating, not very healthy, but I have put on a few pounds. Seriously sitting in my office right now not knowing whether to cry or leave or call my boss and tell him it's just too much for me. I just took .25 klonopin which I usually don't take on the dayside and skipped a meeting already.

Enduronman
02-09-2014, 12:45 PM
hmmm..
This sounds to me like you're "nutrient" deficient in some way because you seemed to be doing better, getting things done, getting some rest, you're gaining some weight too,..but I wonder if there's a vitamin defiency going on here...Do you take anything other than remeron???? Anything vitamin wise or herbal????....

staceatarian
02-09-2014, 12:50 PM
Nothing vitamin or herbal besides some emergen-c on occasion. I do nutritional yeast which has b vitamins, but that's just because it's delicious.

Enduronman
02-09-2014, 12:54 PM
OK..
Before you throw in the towel on the remeron you MUST have some good foods, clean up your diet, TAKE A MULTI VITAMIN with a meal, drink plenty of WATER, because it "seems" as if maybe the meds have depleted your system of something that I can't pinpoint from sitting here..

Can you at least try this suggestion first before you do a switch over to something else???? PLLLEEEAASSEEEE???? :D

Enduronman
02-09-2014, 12:56 PM
PS: If you can't actually eat a meal, then take a multi vitamin with a nutritional shake of your favorite flavor...THEN tell us how you feel..OK???

staceatarian
02-09-2014, 01:26 PM
I'll try a multi. I'm not sure if it's because I'm coming up on my hormonal time of the month either...

As for water, I drink lots of seltzer water, I'm kind of an addict so hydration isn't my issue.

Thanks Eman

Enduronman
02-09-2014, 01:30 PM
I've been doing some research..YES!! The remeron can deplete the body of certain vitamins and minerals so PLEEAAASSSEEE try it first..
So you drink tons of carbonated water???.....Any non-carbonated water?????.....:)

staceatarian
02-09-2014, 02:57 PM
Mostly carbonated. Some plain filtered, I keep a bottle near my bed.

Enduronman
02-09-2014, 03:32 PM
You may be too "carbon enriched"...wait, I just made that up! ...or did I?????
Report: Carbonated water can actually make some people "feel" fuller than they actually are so they don't become as hungry as they should be....It fills the stomach with air...
This (may) be a source of some of the difficulties with eating and weight that you had mentioned being so tiny earlier on way back when..
If you drink this all the time, your stomach is fuller "feeling" so you don't eat...weightloss.

You more than likely are nutrient deficient Stacy...because of the seltzer water..as this "fuzzy" feeling that you have is not the (remeron) itself.,
It's your diet.....IMHO...sorry but I had to research all this..The downside of bubbles. grrrrrr.....

Some things for you to think about friend!!

E-Man..:)

GeneAllen
02-09-2014, 06:09 PM
If I recall carbonation can cause muscle and aches and pains. Poor for joints. Check me though. Peace

staceatarian
02-10-2014, 05:05 PM
Interesting. My muscles and joints feel fine, just my head that's broken lol.

Started taking a multi and my doc upped the remeron. I'll try and lay off the seltzer a bit... Going to be rough. Ill switch it up with regular water and juice.

Enduronman
02-10-2014, 05:14 PM
Some people use sparkling waters for weightloss...I don't think that was your intended purpose but may have alot to do with why you were never hungry friend....

How do you feel after your vitamin (with food dear!) and that's great that they upped the remeron too!!! YAY!!! :)

staceatarian
02-10-2014, 05:38 PM
The not hungry was due to nausea from anxiety, dry heaves and all that sexiness.

Vitamin didn't cause any miracles yet, but took with some delicious vegetables and a full home cooked meal. I don't have bright yellow pee which is a good sign that my body needed the vitamins and I'm not just flushing them away. I did get woozy at work again today, but it got better. Walking the fine line between I might pass out and I'm about to pass out.

Wow, this post really is sexy. Urine, dry heaves and all.

I feel ok right now. Worried about tomorrow, but not a ton.

Enduronman
02-10-2014, 06:00 PM
I've watched this whole thread and can say that you've came far and improved, even though you have some down days, with dry heaves, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, heart palps, eye twitching, convulsions,..and I am making all sorts of things up just to make you laugh!!!

I am so proud of you for the veggies and full home cooked meal too!!! OMG!! You couldnt even eat a peanut before now!! And yes, considering the toilet water wasn't toxic yellow, that means your body was deficient in at least the C and B vitamins too!! And,..work got better too...even with urine, dry heaves, and walking a fine line.

PLUS!!!! You feel OK now...worried, but, oh well...

Success in my book Stacy!!!

E-Man. :D

staceatarian
02-12-2014, 04:53 PM
Feeling much less anxious with the medication bump. Didn't go up to the full 30 yet I'm taking 3/4 of the 30. Last couple of days I've been feeling confident and things seem much more manageable and less overwhelming. Been speaking at meetings with almost no anxiety, almost looking forward to getting them over with every day. Lol, don't know if I'll ever look forward to the meetings themselves.

We'll see how it goes, just wanted to update. Think the vitamins are helping too Eman. Haven't quit the seltzer yet, but I've been trying to drink normal water more. I love my seltzer though!!

staceatarian
02-12-2014, 04:54 PM
Hey, I'm a senior member now, does that mean I'm old?! Lol

Enduronman
02-12-2014, 05:00 PM
Feeling much less anxious with the medication bump. Didn't go up to the full 30 yet I'm taking 3/4 of the 30. Last couple of days I've been feeling confident and things seem much more manageable and less overwhelming. Been speaking at meetings with almost no anxiety, almost looking forward to getting them over with every day. Lol, don't know if I'll ever look forward to the meetings themselves.

We'll see how it goes, just wanted to update. Think the vitamins are helping too Eman. Haven't quit the seltzer yet, but I've been trying to drink normal water more. I love my seltzer though!!

YES!!!! This is awesome news to read...I always wait for your replies after working through some issues..
So glad that you stuck it out with this Remeron to Stacy, I admire you for this because I know somedays you were ready to throw in the towel....
SOOOOO happy for you and glad that the vitamins are helping you out too (I hope you're eating abit better also and with any vitamin you take)....
PLLLEEEAASSSEEE try to drink something other than the seltzer, if at all possible...water, juice, something without bubbles (air, carbon)....
ANNDDDD speaking in public with no problems!!! OMGAWWWDDDD!!!!

YAY!!! Senior Member!!!!

Congratulations friend..

E-Man..:D

Enduronman
02-12-2014, 05:04 PM
Hey, I'm a senior member now, does that mean I'm old?! Lol

You've come soooo far soooo quickly Stacy..100 post and you're doing soooo much better.
You are now a Veteran in this War against anxiety, and you're Winning it too!...FTW!!

E-Man...:)

jessed03
02-13-2014, 11:10 AM
I guess that's how the antidepressants change stuff. They improve your chemical balance, but it takes a while before that in turn changes your mental pattern to that of a better one. I'm trying to think now how long it was before I actually saw better changes on certain drugs. It was usually around a week before I felt better, and then around 4 months before I noticed different bits of my personality? Something like that lol. It was quite cool to see really.

Hopefully now you're gonna get all the good stuff. Remeron does it's job at 30.

Is there less tiredness with the increased dose?

Are you fat yet? :) well, you seem small in your pic, so you won't get fat, but maybe you've been secretly binging.

Come on, you can tell us if you sneak down at night and eat a whole bag of Doritos whilst everyone's asleep! Lol

staceatarian
02-16-2014, 11:36 AM
Still sleeping as much as I can, hard to wake up, but once I'm up it's good. Put on a couple pounds, I don't think I'll ever make it to fat... Though I have been snacking more. I told my husband to hide the junk. I've gained like 3 pounds. Could use a few more.

I hope the 30 gets me to where I want to be. Been going to the pych once a month as well. Working at it.

Enduronman
02-16-2014, 01:49 PM
Sounds like success to me Stacy!!! YEAH!! Glad to see you're doing better and better each time you posts...

Have a great day friend!!

E_Man...:)

jessed03
02-18-2014, 03:13 PM
Le bump for a Stace update. (I think I remember you saying you were French Canadian?)

How you're well!

staceatarian
02-22-2014, 05:54 PM
Feeling ok. Getting vitamins and eating better. Confidence is still pretty low. Anxiety is at a mostly tolerable level, but motivation is low.

Went for a massage yesterday, my first, and it was great for relieving the tension I've been carrying in my neck and shoulders!!

I'm a bit sore today, but well worth it.

Yep, you remembered right French Canadian here :)

Enduronman
02-22-2014, 06:04 PM
Feeling OK is great in comparison to where you were friend...still a success from my standpoint!
Getting necessary vitamins now too, eating better, uhhh YAY!!!...
Anxiety is now tolerable...another YAY!!!...
Confidence and motivation is flat....hmmm..... Are you getting enough actual sleep? 6 to 8 hrs?...
How hard would it be to get some additional B complex vitamins and split them in half to take each day? Can stimulate a positive feeling AND as I already learned the Remeron can deplete B...try that too!!!....OK?
Glad that the massage helped, its been a very longggg time since Ive had one in the shoulders myself..I carry alot of stress there too..

You're doing OK overall Stacy and you've stuck with it too, admirable by many.

You still gaining some weight too????

Hope all else is going well and thank you for the updates too!!! Keep coming back!!

Enduronman...:)

Emdog
02-23-2014, 02:00 AM
So I am new here and not really sure where to post. I believe to have been suffering from anxiety for quite some time now... It took me up until a friend spoke out about her issues ... How she felt when she was medicated... And how she feels now. I honestly thought that they way I think and feel was how everyone did up until the point. Hearing how she is someone just like me basically, and how just by taking medication she was a completely different person... How most people think I guess... Makes me really want to try for some help. I'm not classifying people as normal and abnormal or not trying to ad least but I definitely do find some shocking information from people experiencing anxiety and those who do not. And I definitely understand that these stresses I face all day every day are not what every person are going through. My pint is that I really want to try and find help. I have had bad experiences with doctors. Other than that... I seeked out my regular doctor numerous times (3) and he always told me the same thing:exercise. I do this regularly and it still has not been helpful over the years. I feel like he may have some biases prescribing me medication because I am young (22 years) and also both of my parents go to see him too. I have found another doctor, my friend told me about him(same as mentioned above). However... I really am just feeling terrible going in. Whenever I feel like I need help, and that help involved medication, I feel guilty and as if the doctor thinks I'm lying. Most of the time I believe it's all in my head.... But everything that has been going on with me has gotten out of hand. I'm not sure what I'm really seeking here... Advice... Consolation? I guess I'm just wondering what some of experiences you have all had or if you ever felt the same way I did: as if you were just trying to get pils from a doctor, which is seriously not my goal at all... I try to be as natural as I can be... Which means that this is really taking a toll on me if I really am considering taking prescription medication. Knowing that there's a possibility to have a completely different mindset than I do now is completely mind bogglin to me and relaxing. Did anyone feel like they were abusing the system when they asked for help? This is mostly why I haven't seeked help for two years because I'm just so worried about what the doctors think my expectations are. (I apologize if I have a ton of typos. It's just because I am typing this on my cell phone. )

Emdog
02-23-2014, 02:06 AM
I should also mention I have tried a lot of natural remedies for anxiety. However I realized the ones that mostly work for me are ony meant for nighttime but it just helps me mostly sleep rather than the anxiety. I have issues throughout the day and going to sleep isn't that much of a problem except from time to time. I should also mention that I don't drink caffeine at all too. That seems to be a cue that there's another problem.

staceatarian
02-27-2014, 06:00 PM
Em, when I went to my doc she asked me which way I wanted to go. Did I feel like meds would be the route or therapy or both. I was really bad off at the time and said I'd try anything. I had a really bad reaction to the first med. Tried another, but wasn't really helping and third time was the charm. I'm currently feeling pretty darn good. My anxiety levels are down and I feel like.I can meet challenges now instead of avoidance.

We are all different and need to find what works for us. If your doctor isn't taking what you are going through seriously find another. Meds aren't the right answer for everyone and they may only be something to help you through a rough spot. Their are some really supportive people here to advise you, but seeing a doctor who listens is the first step.

staceatarian
02-27-2014, 06:02 PM
Sorry for slacking on the forum guys. Been feeling good and that makes me SUPER BUSY! Lol.

Enduronman
02-27-2014, 06:53 PM
Well, thank you for this Stacy!! Glad that you've got it all worked out and the Remeron is doing its job now too...
We're always here if you need us friend!!

Go with it! and Congratulations too....

Enduronman.. :)

jessed03
02-28-2014, 12:53 AM
Stace!!!

That's fine. No news is good news a lot of the time here. :)

So happy the Remerons working. That bad ass drug seems to be helping both you and 13th right now and Emans rellie.

Time to buy some stock shares in food stores.

Stace what dose are you on now?

staceatarian
03-07-2014, 12:54 PM
I'm on 30. Had a tough week this week though. Called out of work 2 days which I really should not be doing. Was considering going in today on my day off to put in some extra time, but can't get myself motivated. Basically sitting on the couch and googling jobs where I don't have to talk to anyone.

Having major avoidance right now. Not satisfied with myself or how I'm feeling.

:(

Enduronman
03-07-2014, 03:26 PM
oh no...what happened you were doing sooooo well then kerplunk! ??????
What's the deal friend??
Explain the avoidance thing????

E-Man...

staceatarian
03-07-2014, 08:40 PM
It's my thinking... If I don't feel like I'm doing well I crap out mentally. My confidence takes a dive. I've been procrastinating which doesn't end well and am stuck in the same cycle.

I avoid things I feel like I'm not good at and then I don't learn them. On the plus side the speaking has gotten at least 50% easier.

I haven't been doing anything for months besides working or being anxious and stressong. No hobbies, haven't been cooking for myself or family. No exercise. I don't know if I'm waiting for spring or what. I have convinced myself it will make me feel better.

Enduronman
03-07-2014, 09:10 PM
Proabably has alot to do with it...
Are you still gaining some weight and at least eating right with your vitamins still??
Sounds like abit of seasonal affective disorder doesn't it?...
Maybe still abit flat but glad that you public speaking has improved so that's great!!! Still some success in there!!...:)

simp
03-09-2014, 01:25 PM
I just saw this and verses making a new thread thought I would share my experience with a few questions.

I started Remeron this past Wednesday to help with my big anxiety issues and being so aggrevated and mad at small things. I am also on Wellbutrin XL 300mg which seems to have helped a bit with depression but think my anxiety may have wet up on it.

Day one of Remeron was bad, VERY tired. It knocked me out within 15 minutes of taking it. I just felt weak and groggy. Day two the same. Day three a little better not as tired but having a hard time remembering little things like the previous day's lunch or something. I also noticed an increase in the way I feel if I am startled. It's a weird sensation and hard to explain, but for example I was in traffic and a car honked at someone, my head went into a wild daze for a second and it felt like a huge rush but just for a second. I have felt similar before but in intense situations that would naturally call for that type of feeling. I also started getting dizzy quite a bit and I feel like I am more irritable. Anxiety is less but I don't think the medicine is to thank.

Today I feel groggy still, almost like I have weights attached to me. I keep forcing myself to go outside and move around but find myself mad at small things and just overly "blah." I also noticed an increase in appetite which is bad as I have been losing weight on purpose and gaining some back will just piss me off.

I am considering stopping today, I'm worried the longer I wait the rougher it will be. I am also worried that if I wait too long if some of these effects do not subside I may be in trouble at an event I am doing at the first weekend in April. I race cars and I feel like the dizzy or adrenaline rush feelings may alter my reactions or awareness and that could be very bad....so that has me stressed. I don't know whether to risk it and keep trying or quit, because right now I feel absolutely horrible. Nothing is fun. Nothing seems appealing. It's just crap.

needtogetwell
03-09-2014, 01:46 PM
I think jessed03 and 13th are the best ones to advise you on this one,

I'm not much help but I hope you find your answers.

Cheers!

simp
03-09-2014, 02:59 PM
No problem. Thanks you all!

Forgot to add I am on 15mg right now.

simp
03-09-2014, 03:20 PM
Are you taking that before bed? The lower doses are more sedative.

I am, it's not as bad now as it was the first day, I like the sleep I'm getting as I was having trouble sleeping but there's still a tired lazy slightly dazed feeling through the day versus the first day I was just 100% out of it.

staceatarian
03-11-2014, 10:52 AM
Feeling out of it and anxious. I just want to quit my job. Ringing in my ears. I feel crappy.

staceatarian
03-12-2014, 11:31 AM
Am realizing my anxiety spikes to unreasonable levels right before my monthly cycle... I was never really affected by that on the past. I called my doc yesterday and she called in a script of nortriptyline hcl. I just called back to see ig i should be taking this along with the remeron. Or if I should stick with just the remeron and know that I'll have an awful week every month.

anxietycat
03-12-2014, 05:21 PM
Am realizing my anxiety spikes to unreasonable levels right before my monthly cycle... I was never really affected by that on the past. I called my doc yesterday and she called in a script of nortriptyline hcl. I just called back to see ig i should be taking this along with the remeron. Or if I should stick with just the remeron and know that I'll have an awful week every month.

Stace this happens to me too- google PMDD. I used to never get it as bad as I do lately. Apparently it can be exaggerated when you have anxiety and depression. Mine is awful- mood swings, crying fits, bad depression. They say Birth control can help but I've also read that BC can make depression worse so I'm scared to take it right now. Good luck!

Enduronman
03-12-2014, 05:46 PM
OH NOOOO!!!!! Stacy!!!!!!

Hopes for a better day, yes, Remeron adjustment may be needed or an additional medication like Abilify...it is an add on.

Enduronman..

staceatarian
03-12-2014, 06:33 PM
Starting the nortriptyline ie aventyl this weekend and stopping remeron. Let's see how this roller coaster runs.... I will look up pmdd. Sounds like it, never had bad symptoms before.

staceatarian
03-15-2014, 08:40 PM
I feel awful. Crying without any reason. Dizzy.

anxietycat
03-15-2014, 09:53 PM
[QUOTE="staceatarian;173387"]I feel awful. Crying without any reason. Dizzy.[/QUOT

Did you get your Pd yet? It could be a combo of that and stopping the Remeron. Remember it's only temporary.

acetone
03-16-2014, 02:06 AM
I have read that nortriptyline can increase anxiety levels(appears to be an activating med) but YMMV.

staceatarian
03-17-2014, 05:04 PM
Got my pd and back on remeron. The nortriptyline was a nightmare. I don't think I can take anything activating. Been crying the past 3 days almost nonstop. Skipped work and I look like hell. Haven't been able to eat anything other than some crackers and peanuts.

Holy hell that really sucked. Remeron may not be perfect, but I don't want to try anythingelse for a while.

staceatarian
03-19-2014, 08:02 AM
Still feeling awful. Going to see my psch today.

anxietyawayproject
03-19-2014, 12:07 PM
My advice:get rid of drugs,meds and look for natural ways of stoping,reducing and healing the anxiety.Think about what can do for you praying,meditation,breathing properly,drinking water properly in a day(like 2 or 3 liters),doings sports and walkings and get a large dose of optimism and laugh.

jessed03
03-19-2014, 05:00 PM
Feel better soon Stace.

It can all be like an avalanche. You can find yourself falling so fast, then next thing you know it's all on top of you.

Let us know what your psych says. GL there.

Enduronman
03-19-2014, 05:21 PM
Let us know how it went today Stacy!!
Thinking of you and hoping that the remeron can get you back to feeling good again!

Enduronman.. :)

8damien8
03-19-2014, 05:27 PM
I have been struggling with severe insomnia for the last 3-4 months, which I believe is due to a lot of anxiety.

I literally can't turn off and sleep. Even if I stay up all night, I won't doze in the day. And then repeat. I've been on Imovane and Ativan, but not consistently, and not with consistent results.

Ended up in ER the other day due to exhaustion and they gave me 15mg Remeron and 7.5mg Imovane (Zopiclone). Knocked me out in about 30-45 mins, and was out about 6-7 hours.

I tried 7.5mg and 15mg doses of Remeron on its own, and although I get very sleep, I don't shut off.

Anyone have anything like this?

kristichanelle
03-22-2014, 06:50 PM
Has anyone experienced any leg swelling while taking remeron?

jessed03
03-22-2014, 07:45 PM
Has anyone experienced any leg swelling while taking remeron?

Nice name Kristi Chanelle.

I've had ankle swelling, around that area, and the calves. Never the upper part of the leg though.

staceatarian
03-24-2014, 12:18 PM
Been out of work, going to see my gp thurs. Feel depressed and stuck. Crying a lot and feeling anxious. Just want to feel better and get back to my life.

8damien8
03-24-2014, 02:06 PM
My pdoc has added Wellbutrin SR to take in the mornings. I take 30mg Remeron at bedtime.

Good luck!!! :)

I'm at a bit of a loss...

I'm been switching between and combining Imovane (Zopiclone) and Ativan (Lorazepam) to help me sleep over the last 2-3 months.

I started taking Remeron 2 days ago, at 15mg, and it does not put me to sleep. Or maybe I'm not giving it enough time.

Couple of questions... After taking Remeron, how long should it take to put me out? And, since I'm suffering from insomnia or anxiety that does not allow me to fall asleep at all (literally up all day and night) am I better to take 15 or 30mg?

Lastly, do you guys think it's possible the Remeron may not work because I am suffering from rebound insomnia from my inconsistency with Imovane/Ativan?

Please help!

staceatarian
03-24-2014, 02:52 PM
Thinking of asking my doctor for Zoloft. Paxil was a nightmare with side effects for me. Been researching Zoloft and seems to have less side effects for start up. Remeron has been ok, but the pmdd is awful every month. I don't know what to do. I've been out of work and doing my best to get outside for a few minutes every day. Depression has been bad.

staceatarian
03-28-2014, 06:43 AM
Added effexor to the remeron. First day and am feeling pretty good. Started me on an ultra low dose. Very talkative and alert, but not jittery. Nothing in side effects yet. Fingers crossed.

kristydani
04-02-2014, 06:36 AM
For me Remeron has worked really well (I think). I take 30mg before bed. It helps me to have a great sleep and I also get some super cool dreams. The anxiety for me during the day is practically gone as a result of taking this. I've been on it for about a month or so now. The first few weeks on this for me were really hard - I was extremely tired all the time and felt so 'out of it'. However, it's working well now. I have noticed a slight increase in my appetite though, which I'm not happy about, but I think you just really have to watch what you eat and exercise - then you'll be fine.