PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and Acid Reflux

cdfrank
01-05-2014, 11:52 PM
What's everybody experience with anxiety and acid reflux?

j brown
01-05-2014, 11:56 PM
I get bad heart burn it feels like sometimes or I have to burp a lot to relieve pressure.

cdfrank
01-05-2014, 11:58 PM
Any chest pain?

j brown
01-06-2014, 12:00 AM
Yes in the middle of my chest at times or it feels like its on the lest side of my chest, I was getting it bad at first.

cdfrank
01-06-2014, 12:03 AM
Mines bad right now and it is so annoying!!! You take anything for your acid reflux and does it contribute to your anxiety or you had acid reflux before the anxiety started?

j brown
01-06-2014, 12:07 AM
Tums it dosent work too well. I just developed this anxiety in like August, how long have you had it? I didn't have acid reflux before

cdfrank
01-06-2014, 12:16 AM
I have had anxiety for 3 years now and acid reflux for a few months .... Have you tried pepcid AC

j brown
01-06-2014, 12:40 AM
No I have never tried that, I had to leave work early because of my anxiety felt as if I was going to faint

Andyw88
01-06-2014, 01:09 AM
I have this. Stomach bloats burning throat.burping constantly.tight throat. I read somewhere your stomachs a big part of your nervous system hence why anxiety causes it. Swallowing air with anxiety is common and also a cause I have chest pains with it can be anywhere on my chest but mainly in the centre. Its not fun by any means. Good luck

Ponder
01-06-2014, 01:19 AM
Yes - my angst does cause a lot of ACID. So much so that I have a condition called esophagitis ( I think that's how its spelt?) Continued reflux over the years has cause an ulcer like sore on my esophagus. This may lead to cancer if I do not arrest the condition. It's not that uncommon these days.

The problem with relying on an acid meds is that you will over time have issues absorbing the nutrition in food as well as sups! Ant acid is not meant to be the final solution - Balanced diet, healthy life style and better food choices will reap more rewards, however I know just how hard it can be to live such a plastic lifestyle with today's low budget choices. MOST FOODS today increase our bodies acid levels - this is regardless of anxiety - add the angst to that and you will understand, that reflux is an epidemic, but mostly kept at bay with meds - that lead to an easy way - but more like a road to complication land in the years to come.

Try not to stress, and just live the best you can and hopefully you can avoid esophageal cancer from a life long suffering of unrelenting reflux!

here is a good link to give you motivation on this issue - it can be a major problem if left unchecked, and having just read it myself now - I think I will be boosting my effort to lose more weight!!!!!!!

http://www.prevention.com/health/health-concerns/acid-reflux-and-esophageal-cancer

I hope it is of interest.

Cheers
Dave.

acetone
01-06-2014, 01:50 AM
Oh I have this horrible acid reflux.