PDA

View Full Version : Relapse

mommy.n
01-04-2014, 09:40 AM
After dropping your medication dosage and relapsing.....how long after raising your dose again does it take to get better?

Enduronman
01-04-2014, 10:52 AM
About 3 to 4 more weeks to stabilize again...

em1
01-04-2014, 02:35 PM
I've done the same :( off I go again lol

mommy.n
01-05-2014, 12:16 PM
I've went through this before and I hate myself for lowering the dose every time this happens!
I'm always terrified for some reason it won't be better again......I've been doing so well for so long and I feel so discouraged

mommy.n
01-05-2014, 12:17 PM
It's hard to remind myself and really believe that my obsessive thoughts are only a result of the anxiety and not really something I should worry about

em1
01-05-2014, 03:40 PM
[QUOTE="mommy.n;141858"]It's hard to remind myself and really believe that my obsessive thoughts are only a result of the anxiety and not really something I should worry about[/QUOTE

I'm going through the same thing,inbox me if you want to chat :)

mommy.n
01-06-2014, 08:57 AM
Thanks em1, I will :)

Anyone here who has went down in dosage and then had to up it again....how long did it take you to get back to where you were before lowering it? Thanks

mommy.n
01-07-2014, 02:39 PM
Anyone on Effexor XR? Relapse experiences?

Dorrie23
01-07-2014, 07:29 PM
Hey there! I have a friend who just quit it cold turkey, which I tried convincing them not to do this. My son did and had to get right back on it, and ween off of it. They had to do the same thing. I did the same thing with Pristiq a few years back. Gosh, I wish you all the best hon. We all live and learn, and All need each other!!!! Dorrie

mommy.n
01-08-2014, 08:59 AM
Hey there! I have a friend who just quit it cold turkey, which I tried convincing them not to do this. My son did and had to get right back on it, and ween off of it. They had to do the same thing. I did the same thing with Pristiq a few years back. Gosh, I wish you all the best hon. We all live and learn, and All need each other!!!! Dorrie

I have quit it cold turkey as well and that was at the lowest dose! It was so bad. I keep getting to a point where life is almost perfect and I decide I can lower it.....relapse every time! Every time tho I panic that it won't go back to normal this time when I do go back up...it's been a week so far and I'm terrified. I have 3 kids and it's so hard keeping it to myself and not show them, but I have to, they are too important for me to let this affect them.
God I pray it works like before and I go back to the real me.
I will never lower it again. I've made a final decision that it's just something I'm going to have to take.....is rather be on it than go through anxiety or withdrawal.
Thanks for replying Dorrie, just chatting even helps

em1
01-08-2014, 09:17 AM
I have quit it cold turkey as well and that was at the lowest dose! It was so bad. I keep getting to a point where life is almost perfect and I decide I can lower it.....relapse every time! Every time tho I panic that it won't go back to normal this time when I do go back up...it's been a week so far and I'm terrified. I have 3 kids and it's so hard keeping it to myself and not show them, but I have to, they are too important for me to let this affect them. God I pray it works like before and I go back to the real me. I will never lower it again. I've made a final decision that it's just something I'm going to have to take.....is rather be on it than go through anxiety or withdrawal. Thanks for replying Dorrie, just chatting even helps

I don't blame you,I am the same,what's a pill to take if it makes you feel
So much better :)

cara85
01-08-2014, 02:54 PM
I'm an obsessive negative thought person too. It's horrible. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Like em said. If something helps then go with it. Here if u need to chat too x

em1
01-08-2014, 02:57 PM
I'm an obsessive negative thought person too. It's horrible. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Like em said. If something helps then go with it. Here if u need to chat too x

Do you take Anything to help you cara?

cara85
01-08-2014, 02:59 PM
Do you take Anything to help you cara?

I'm on citalophram 20 mg. and diazepam 2 mg as needed.

em1
01-08-2014, 03:13 PM
I'm on citalophram 20 mg. and diazepam 2 mg as needed.

How long have you been on it?