PDA

View Full Version : thanks anxiety!

vonnhelsing
12-29-2013, 02:39 PM
Any reason why all the terrifying pains seem to originate from the left side of our body and linger in our left arm and chest side making us even more anxious thinking its heart issues?? How sweet of anxiety to direct the pains to that part of our body adding anxiety on top of anxiety!

quinny
12-29-2013, 02:59 PM
I think it could start anywhere and people with anxiety including myself would think of something really bad it could be but it aint out bad just crappy anxiety id love to slap it lol :)

Lee Grant Irons
12-29-2013, 03:30 PM
Hi Vonn,

I have considered this question. So I did an experiment. I documented all of the odd little sensations and pains that I had through out a day. It turns out that I was having just as many on the right side as the left. So, I think what happens is that we ascribe our weird sensations to the things we most fear, and the sensations that don't support our fears we ignore, like people without anxiety.

Moralfe
12-29-2013, 04:33 PM
I have asked myself that question many times. I am in the same boat. I wake up and an hour later I feel the pains in my pectoral and trapezius then my shoulder and down my arm. All of this on the left side of my body so I am always worried. I do know that my posture is bad. I work on a computer all day and I hunch. So the pain is constant, which makes my mind go crazy and I begin to freak myself out. I have been getting weekly back massages which actually work with the pain and helps promote relaxation. I wish I could move the pains to my right side sometimes but I think I would freak myself out anyway. Hope all gets better.

reese
12-29-2013, 04:39 PM
Any reason why all the terrifying pains seem to originate from the left side of our body and linger in our left arm and chest side making us even more anxious thinking its heart issues?? How sweet of anxiety to direct the pains to that part of our body adding anxiety on top of anxiety!

I think we just notice it more if it's on the "heart attack" side. Like my back hurts a lot, but I only notice it and freak if it's near my kidneys. Our anxiety latches on and won't let us go!

afraidnalone
12-29-2013, 04:51 PM
<----new guy! Hey guys. Have the weird pains on my left side too.

vonnhelsing
12-29-2013, 10:25 PM
its just so weird that my left side is constantly in pain and my right side seems numb from not feeling anything.
But its nice knowing youre not alone :)

loganson28
12-29-2013, 11:05 PM

You are not alone on this. Like many here, I too feel everything on my left side most. Something that I've started now is going to the gym. Light work outs. I've read a lot that it helps with anxiety.

Lee Grant Irons
12-29-2013, 11:09 PM
Survey question. Are all of you who are experiencing pain on the left side right-handed?

loganson28
12-29-2013, 11:12 PM
Survey question. Are all of you who are experiencing pain on the left side right-handed?

Hello Lee Grant,

Yes, I am right handed.

Lee Grant Irons
12-29-2013, 11:29 PM
Hello Lee Grant,

Yes, I am right handed.

It is possible that this has something to do with it. Easier to strain or produce repetitive injury to the left side, because the right side is stronger from life long use.

vonnhelsing
12-30-2013, 03:51 AM
Im left handed but for some reason my right arm is much stronger.. weird

JLBnole68
12-30-2013, 05:23 AM
The only thing we can do is just get rid of our left sides.

Lee Grant Irons
12-30-2013, 08:11 AM
LOL JLBnole

JLBnole68
12-30-2013, 10:07 AM
Well, I guess if I just got rid of my left side, I could truly say I'm half the man I used to be. ;)

artaud
12-30-2013, 05:01 PM
Well, I guess if I just got rid of my left side, I could truly say I'm half the man I used to be. ;)

Yeah, and remember, the loss of your entire left side isn't that bad, you'd be "All Right". LOL.

jessed03
12-30-2013, 05:24 PM
Yeah, and remember, the loss of your entire left side isn't that bad, you'd be "All Right". LOL.

Haha oh... oh yes. You've got to get up pretty darn early to keep up with this guy!

artaud
12-30-2013, 05:25 PM
Hilarious! Good one.

It's an old joke. A guy has an industrial accident, he lost his left arm and leg. (Said deadpan) Same punch line.

Just couldn't resist ;-)

artaud
12-30-2013, 05:44 PM
Well Artaud, we've got to take the chances when they present themselves!

By the by, your inbox is/was full.

"The things we regret most are not what we did but what we didn't do."

From a movie "Something Wicked This Way Comes". I remembered it, apparently I found it significant.

artaud
12-30-2013, 05:52 PM
Artaud, your avatar is always looking so cross at me!

The Avatar is Antonin Artaud.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonin_Artaud

Jesse noticed the following views of Artaud's, which I didn't realize when I choose the avatar, but I find relevant.

"Artaud saw suffering as essential to existence and thus rejected all utopias as inevitable dystopia. He denounced the degradation of civilization, yearned for cosmic purification, and called for an ecstatic loss of the self."

Unfortunately, his photos are all pretty serious, except for the real old views, but then they're a little rough.

Lee Grant Irons
01-01-2014, 09:52 AM
"Artaud saw suffering as essential to existence and thus rejected all utopias as inevitable dystopia. He denounced the degradation of civilization, yearned for cosmic purification, and called for an ecstatic loss of the self."

SOunds like a Vulcan from Star Trek: "ecstatic loss of the self."

artaud
01-02-2014, 07:33 PM
SOunds like a Vulcan from Star Trek: "ecstatic loss of the self."

He kinda looks like one as well.