PDA

View Full Version : Peeing all the time!!!

mistiblue
12-27-2013, 10:59 PM
Does anyone else have this symptom? Ever?
I have to pee all the time! After I pee, I still have the urge to go. I have hardly drank anything today and have been peeing like crazy.
The bad part is, we are on a road trip :(
I went to urgent care and they tested my urine, said all is well. Figures :p I'm gonna make an appt in Monday, but have heard this is a symptom of anxiety. Has anyone ever had it before? It's so torturous!!

mistiblue
12-27-2013, 11:19 PM
Anyone? I know it's late...

fisher
12-27-2013, 11:47 PM
Yes its true you do wee alot with anxiety😔

BlessedMom
12-28-2013, 09:12 AM
I have to pee all the time! After I pee, I still have the urge to go. I have hardly drank anything today and have been peeing like crazy.
I went to urgent care and they tested my urine, said all is well. Figures :p I'm gonna make an appt in Monday, but have heard this is a symptom of anxiety. Has anyone ever had it before? It's so torturous!!

Hello there. Yes when my anxiety is high I notice that I obsess about the need to go to the bathroom and so I go repeatedly, several times an hour, but most of the time its "unproductive"

I've even went to the doctor and telling him I must have a uti because of all of my "symptoms" and he will check but its clear, and he even tells me he "doesn't believe I have flank pain or etc" lmao I love that guy, anyways he says its my anxiety. And usually after I see him, it goes away ;) He has given me medication for a uti in the past even when my uti test is clear to help "ease my mind" but I think its my mind that's my enemy.

Hang in there ((hugs))

Dorrie23
12-28-2013, 10:40 AM
Hi, I'm what they call a sorta Newbie!! Trying to get around and doing things and meeting people is a bit challenging. But, yes, I too have experienced this. I have a friend who just thought she was "too goodie goodie" for something like that to happen to her, and she said she just recently went to the Dr. and was prescribed something for it, it was so bad for her. I'll admit... I couldn't help but think "See, you're human too sweetheart". Lol. But didn't tell her that. I was encouraging. Because I don't think you should make fun of any kind of problem.. because what goes around comes around. Take care, Dorrie

Dorrie23
12-28-2013, 10:42 AM
I just had to say I thought your response was cute, and.... I want your hair!! Beautiful. Take care, Dorrie:smile:

Lee Grant Irons
12-29-2013, 09:33 AM
Hi mistiblue,

Frequent urination goes with the territory of prolonged anxiety. The amount of urine processed by your kidneys is partially controlled by hormones put out by your adrenal glands. Prolonged anxiety tends to exhaust our adrenal glands due to our anxiety driving them to overproduce cortisol and adrenalin. This constant pining on our adrenal glands can drive us into a state known as adrenal fatigue, where our adrenal glands are no longer working as efficiently as they can. As a result, our adrenal glands falter in producing aldosterone, which is the hormone that works on maintaining balance of sodium and water in our bodies via our kidneys. When we don;t put out enough aldosterone, then our sodium levels drop and we pee alot.

Nothing to worry about here. You just need to do what we all talk about on this forum. Get your anxiety under control and stop the freefall you are putting your body through, which I go into in chapter 2 of my book. LOL

Some people actually drink salt water to help them recover from this. The sodium helps your adrenal glands recover and it has a feedback response in your kidneys to reduce the amount of water excreted. I went through a period of my health crash where I was drinking salt water (sea salt mixed in water) to recover from adrenal fatigue. It actually reduced my blood pressure (yes, reduced), reduced my dehydration (due to excessive urinating), and reduced my fatigue. I would not suggest doing this without consulting with your doctor first. Keep in mind, your doctor may have never heard of this therapy, considering most doctors are weak when it comes to their understanding of our endocrin systems.

MiST
12-29-2013, 09:35 AM
Have your doctor perform a HBA1C to rule out diabetes as this is one of the first symptoms.

josh0745
09-18-2014, 06:36 AM
I know I'm bringing the post back from the dead, but any luck on recovery? I am having the same issues and I'm thinking it's adrenal fatigue. I have been to my doctor a couple times and have had blood, urine and an ultrasound of my kidneys & bladder. Nothing medically wrong seems to be happening.....

briggs05
09-19-2014, 05:00 AM
Ya- I've experienced the same thing. Frequent urination can definately be a symptom of anxiety. I think it is a fight or flight mechanism. When you get nervous, you try to get rid of any extra weight that you have in preparation of running. If you can calm your anxiety I believe that you will see a decrease in the number of times you have to urinate. That is what I have experienced at least.

3535nathan
12-18-2014, 12:52 PM

Hi I have had this for 4 years now and it does effect me every day with some days worse than others. But it relli gets me down. Have you had any ways of improving this?

mistiblue
01-10-2015, 09:10 PM
Hi. Just an update. Eventually this went away. I still have it sometimes when I'm really anxious.

josh0745
01-14-2015, 06:11 AM
Yes, mine comes and goes with how anxious I am. I did a little digging and a quick way to help knock down some of those fight or flight hormones is to do a few minutes of intense exercise (enough to work up a sweat), essentially giving in to what your body thinks you should be doing - running.