PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here take Remeron?

Enduronman
12-24-2013, 08:08 PM
Just curious.

I heard many good reports about this medication tonight that I will post in the general forums. If there is anyone here that takes this, please offer us an opinion if you can?

Thank you and Merry Christmas too!

TAH...:)

jessed03
12-24-2013, 08:13 PM
Wonder drug. I don't take it, but I did.

Makes you very hungry, and very sleepy all the time though.

Works in 2 days though! Makes the SSRI 6week business look like dial up internet.

Enduronman
12-24-2013, 09:09 PM
Yes, she said it works quickly and is having great success with it too. She has changed completely..for the better!!...It does look like an interesting med for sure..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirtazapine :)

Enduronman
12-24-2013, 09:10 PM
NaSSA...whoa....cool!!!! :)

jessed03
12-24-2013, 09:18 PM
Yeah only one of its kind. Is she getting the drowsiness? I suppose she has some drug tolerance already though compared to a newbie. I read some study that said it was more effective that SSRIs and SNRIs.

Look at these side effects though:

Weight gain 49% of people

Drowsiness 52% of people.

LOL. Rough to take. Good once you get used to it though. Very calming. Feels like a benzo sometimes.

Enduronman
12-24-2013, 09:24 PM
It was just so amazing to see her up from 85 pounds, and also at the Christmas gathering talking to everybody..I was very happy for her, and for her happiness with this too..Just had never heard a real success story about an 8 yr old medication before like that. Very interesting to me..and may help others too! Agoraphob to she won't be quiet?...YAY!!! :)

She said she take it a 8 or 9 and has no problems with it thus far..weird :)

artaud
12-25-2013, 10:44 AM
If there is anyone here that takes this, please offer us an opinion if you can.

Remeron. Works, if you're depressed and want to be restored, this has a good chance of doing it.

After finding out my brother had dementia, and finally meeting him, I became a zombie. I'd go to work, but I wasn't really there. At home, I'd just sit, watching TV, numb to the world. My sleep was disturbed significantly. I called my family doctor, he prescribed Remeron. I only took half of what he prescribed.

Didn't notice the insatiable hunger that most people claim, but I could not wake up the entire next day. My wife, working in the doctor's office, never realized it was an antidepressant, since all the doctors ever prescribed it for was insomnia. That's how I ended up taking just half. If it's not critical, I take half of what I'm prescribed for a couple of days to be sure my heart rhythm doesn't object, it didn't, but it did make me tired.

http://www.crazymeds.us/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Meds/Remeron

The above site is NOT to be used as an overly serious site, nor to support the use of prescription drugs contrary to the advice of a physician in terms of using them when not prescribed or longer than advised, but it did help me with a few things. I discontinued the drug due to a persistent tinnitus that developed, and as it says it could cause deafness, I did not want to take a chance.

That aside, the few weeks I took them for had me sleeping very well and, after about 10 days being on them, sitting with my coworkers, listening to their conversation, I suddenly laughed at a joke someone made. It actually scared me, it was that long since I laughed. The Remeron and therapy from the Employee Assistance Program therapist had slowly started to turn me around.

From the above link, it says, of Remeron:

"Class: Antidepressant. Specifically a Tetracyclic Antidepressant. Even more specifically a noradrenergic and specific serotonergic antidepressant (NaSSA), but is the only one available in the US."

The following link lists Remeron and 3 other drugs as "Atypical Antidepressants"

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/antidepressants/HQ01069

Be well.

acetone
12-25-2013, 01:53 PM
I took this for 25 days. Good anti depressive effects and modest anti anxiety effects. Massive increase in hunger. Works quicker than other ADs. I am a chronic insomniac and this med failed to knock me out as well. I had to stop as it was not controlling my anxiety effectively.