PDA

View Full Version : Vitamins and supplements

mikecole114
12-23-2013, 10:36 AM
Ello,
I've long been weary about the significance of vitamins and supplements as a means to improve my conditions a lot of articles say this will cure you or that will get rid of certain symptoms of anxiety and depression but I've never really believed any of it.
Anyway today I went all out and brought one of everything, multivitamins, zinc, b, c, cod liver oil, and many more. I was wondering if anyone can tell me an anecdote of their experience a with vitamins and supplements. Many of the companies claim theirs will cure me but I obviously don't believe them.
Someone tell me if in wasting my money or not!

Enduronman
12-23-2013, 10:44 AM
Hey Mike!

No, you're not wasting your money. I take vitamins, supplements, and also a solid diet too, every day. Vitamins or supplements (alone) won't do anything except make you feel even worse..they only work with foods, carbs, proteins, fats, and of course certain oils in the diet too (fish, flax, cod, borage) and not that soybean/vegetable oils because although they make things taste great, they clog yer arteries...

None of my vitamins, or supplements alone, without medications also, will keep me sane, safe, and feeling sound.

I hope you also have some actual medications too friend, as you're having a really tough time lately.

Do not depend on those new supps to make a drastic change except for a stomach ache, and or heightened anxiety because of the B vitamins...

I take 10 medications, and about the same in supplements because my meds will deplete my body of the vitamins if I don't replace them..

E-Man..:)

mikecole114
12-23-2013, 10:51 AM
Hey Mike! No, you're not wasting your money. I take vitamins, supplements, and also a solid diet too, every day. Vitamins or supplements (alone) won't do anything except make you feel even worse..they only work with foods, carbs, proteins, fats, and of course certain oils in the diet too (fish, flax, cod, borage) and not that soybean/vegetable oils because although they make things taste great, they clog yer arteries... None of my vitamins, or supplements alone, without medications also, will keep me sane, safe, and feeling sound. I hope you also have some actual medications too friend, as you're having a really tough time lately. Do not depend on those new supps to make a drastic change except for a stomach ache, and or heightened anxiety because of the B vitamins... I take 10 medications, and about the same in supplements because my meds will deplete my body of the vitamins if I don't replace them.. E-Man..:)

Oh great thanks for your answer . Yeah I'm a pretty healthy person anyway I've just had no appetite recently so thought I should take the supplements to keep me healthy while I eat so little. I just hope It helps. And yeah I'm on sertraline to also help

Enduronman
12-23-2013, 10:58 AM
Yes, they will help but they won't do anything without being transported, absorbed, dissolved, broken down, sent to the right places, without foods friend.
I think you should also call your Doc and ask about an (appetite stimulant) to make you hungry, IMHO....
Vitamins won't react or be utilised by your body and systems, without foods bruh....sorry.
Yes, sertraline will be greatly helpful!!!

E-Man..

Enduronman
12-23-2013, 11:00 AM
Here in America, they sell things like Ensure shakes (bottled enriched meal replacement drinks) with about 350 to 400 cals in each one. Maybe look into at least trying some of those or something like that where you are... :)